X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MichiganJarrad View Post
    I’ve almost waited too long now, I think I’m just going to get a 500 size MD 500
    I know we're talkin more money but I feel the 500 class and up is the way to go, but be careful because once you've gone big you won't go back.lol
    Attached Files

Comment

• Right! I’ve tried bigger planes, but my problem is that I don’t get to the airfield enough to fly the big ones, sold most of them all. Just down to some smaller big ones like the 60E beast and P2 Prometheus. But with helicopters you can go big and fly over the cornfield without having to worry about approach into my yard like with a fixed wing. Is that a 800size md?

Comment

• Best part with the big ones though, the bigger they are the better they fly. But when they crash the more expensive they are, LOL.

Comment

Best part with the big ones though, the bigger they are the better they fly. But when they crash the more expensive they are, LOL.
          You got that right$$$, I am losing my runway which is right across the street from my house, so I decided to get back into scale helis because no runway needed, this is my first 800 size, after flying only 600 size before, this thing is huge. I have been looking at the Roban Cobra 500 size, I might do one of those down the road, not sure yet or a 700 Cobra...

Comment

• That’s my problem, it’s been on the fence for a couple years now about what’s gonna happen with the airport down the road that our RC club flies out of, I like having the possibilities of flying out of my backyard whenever I want

Comment

I’ve almost waited too long now, I think I’m just going to get a 500 size MD 500
              You will love the 500 size MD! My 500 size AH-6 (based off MD500D) is still my favorite model to fly, even compared to my 600 and 700. I am running a 5 blade head with thin cord blades and love it!

Comment

• I’ve been debating on and throwing around the idea of throwing a five blade head on mine as well when I build it, I can find them for 450s but nothing for 500s

Comment

I’ve been debating on and throwing around the idea of throwing a five blade head on mine as well when I build it, I can find them for 450s but nothing for 500s
                  I have gotten my 500 size heads from here: https://www.double-cats.com/index.ph...ory&path=60_63. They show out of stock, but I would send them an email and ask. They usually do a run every 6 months or so. I also use these blades: http://www.ehirobo.com/rc-helicopter...ain-rotor.html.

Comment

• Awesome! Thanks! Did you have to go with a larger tail rotor blade to compensate for the larger rotational mass of the main?

Comment

Awesome! Thanks! Did you have to go with a larger tail rotor blade to compensate for the larger rotational mass of the main?
                      Yes, I run 600 size tail blades.

Comment

• Sorry to keep bothering you with the questions, but working on parts list to do my build, what servos did you use for the cyclic and tail

Comment

Sorry to keep bothering you with the questions, but working on parts list to do my build, what servos did you use for the cyclic and tail
                          No problem, I used Align DS515ms on the cyclic and an MKS DS8910A+ on the tail. The aligns are discontinued now, but they still occasionally pop up in the RCG classifieds.

Comment

• Originally posted by DCORSAIR View Post

You got that right$$$, I am losing my runway which is right across the street from my house, so I decided to get back into scale helis because no runway needed, this is my first 800 size, after flying only 600 size before, this thing is huge. I have been looking at the Roban Cobra 500 size, I might do one of those down the road, not sure yet or a 700 Cobra...
                            Really good deal here on the 500 size Cobra. I am quite tempted myself.. https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...and-Cobra-fuse

Comment

• Have a 2.4 gigahertz for Channel Helicopter it starts to go up in the battery ice like it dies but it's fully charged then I don't knows though copper gutter flashing and they respond everything but the blades won't turn

Comment

• English translation anyone ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mikebennett View Post
                                  Have a 2.4 gigahertz for Channel Helicopter it starts to go up in the battery ice like it dies but it's fully charged then I don't knows though copper gutter flashing and they respond everything but the blades won't turn
                                  ESC overvoltage protection maybe.
                                  TiredIron Aviation
                                  Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• I have quite a few scale helicopters of different brands, of which three are Roban models. as commented above, a Roban Chinoook would be a great seller IMO, especially in 600 and 700 size, but 800 would be better LOL
                                    In my dealings with Roban I can tell you they do listen to their customers and are continually updating their line of scale helicopters.
                                    Roy Mayoral

Comment

Working...
                                    X