• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As predicted, a while ago ........

Comment

• :Sweating:

Comment

• We did not get bait and switched and the Admiral helis (now called Rotorscale) are not shelved. We tried a new concept with a custom controller to make the heli PNP. Simply stated, our custom controller did not work and that is not the fault of anyone but us. We went back to the drawing board because the helis were perfect when flown with another controller. In the end, we are using another controller but it will be sold separately which will allow anyone to use any controller they want. The flight controller we are recommending is very good and will be very reasonably priced. We are now waiting on some more helis and parts to arrive - they are on the water. Two of the models have not started production yet so we may launch without those two models to get the ball rolling.

Comment

• At last, an honest and straight forward explanation - I hope that the added cost of a decent flight controller doesn't blow the concept(which is still a good one) out of the water for many.

Comment

• The flight controller can be found here: https://www.motionrc.com/collections...ght-controller
            I think you will agree it is fairly reasonably priced and very good. We'll do a complete setup video demonstrating the setup soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom.MotionRC View Post
              The flight controller can be found here: https://www.motionrc.com/collections...ght-controller
              I think you will agree it is fairly reasonably priced and very good. We'll do a complete setup video demonstrating the setup soon.
              That would be very helpful. I would really appreciate a step by step tutorial. I received my Huey yesterday and was impressed and overwhelmed at the same time. I have to be honest I was contemplating sending everything back after seeing there was no instruction manual. To top things off setting up the recommended flight controller looked a little complicated for a semi newbie to collective pitch. I have been playing with a Blade 230 prior to this helicopter.

Comment

The flight controller can be found here: https://www.motionrc.com/collections...ght-controller
                Here's a thought. How about offering them in three completion modes? You could list the current ones as ARF+, have a RXR model WITH the flight controller but WITHOUT the RX for those of us that don't go that deep into the "guts", and a RTF version, with of course the appropriate price differentials.

Comment

• Originally posted by Valkpilot View Post

Here's a thought. How about offering them in three completion modes? You could list the current ones as ARF+, have a RXR model WITH the flight controller but WITHOUT the RX for those of us that don't go that deep into the "guts", and a RTF version, with of course the appropriate price differentials.
                  Good idea.

Comment

Forgive me for saying this, but I really do not think that this FBL controller is suitable for a newcomer to the hobby and the 'older hands' certainly wouldn't consider it as an option. I appreciate that you are doing your best to mitigate the change in the profile of the product but this recommendation is likely to take you down a road best avoided.

Comment

• Most heli pilots have a FBL controller preference based on their flying style, ease of setup, performance options, and what programming they have set up on their computers or phones. It's most probable that a guy would buy the heli kit without a FBL controller so that they can use the one they prefer. That's simpler than learning an entirely new FBL program.

On the smaller size scale helis, up to and including 450's, there's not a lot of real estate inside the fuselage for a lot of extra stuff. I think that guys would be choosing FBL controllers with built-in receivers so that they only have one component to install inside the fuselage. That also minimizes wiring and weight.

Comment

• I would definitely be going the AR7210BX route but that is of course, quite a significant add-on cost if you don't already have one to hand.

Comment

• I was thinking the same thing at first but for the price, I am thinking about giving one a shot. I have an extra 7200BX that will eventually find a home in the AH-6 but I may get one for the next project. I have plenty of spare receivers so why not?

Comment

• There doesn't seem to be much in the way of customer feedback on the Rotorscale 450's, which is a bit disappointing and surprising - are there any new owners out there flying one at the moment?

Comment

• Since the Huey and Airwolf are both sold out I too was hoping for more feedback. Still on the fence with the A-6 and am really curious how these are doing. There are a couple small reviews but not much.

Comment

• Originally posted by icepirate3 View Post
                                Since the Huey and Airwolf are both sold out I too was hoping for more feedback. Still on the fence with the A-6 and am really curious how these are doing. There are a couple small reviews but not much.
                                I have the Airwolf, Huey and AS350 and have been enjoying them. I haven't messed with the Huey yet, but am planning on doing a full build and setup thread to walk through everything.

Comment

• [QUOTE=F106DeltaDart;n192703]
                                  I have the Airwolf, Huey and AS350 and have been enjoying them. I haven't messed with the Huey yet, but am planning on doing a full build and setup thread to walk through everything. [/QUOTEbvio

Forgive me for suggesting this Delta Dart but it seems to me that you are clearly a sponsored 'Motion RC apologist' - what I am looking for is an honest independent customer review(specifically not of the home branded fake variety that has appeared thus far).

Comment

• Originally posted by Cyclone 7 View Post
                                    Forgive me for suggesting this Delta Dart but it seems to me that you are clearly a sponsored 'Motion RC apologist' - what I am looking for is an honest independent customer review(specifically not of the home branded fake variety that has appeared thus far).
                                    I’m not sure where you are suggesting I am being “fake”? I have been helping Motion test out these models over the last year or so, and have accumulated a decent amount of time flying them. The main reason why I have not posted nearly as much “review” type material, is because my 450s are fairly heavily modified and therefore not fully production representative. The Huey is totally out of the box new, and I plan on writing up the full preflight setup, and software setup, using an ikon2 FBL. After that, I’ll be writing up a separate thread for mods and scale detailing.

As for being an “apologist”, say what you will. I’m happy to see ANY progress forward in the world of scale helis. And, as a fixed wing Warbird/edf guy, I’ve seen what Motion has done for for those products, by improving quality, durability, and scale. They have a chance to do the same for scale helicopters, and these are the starting point. Do I have things I’d like to see done differently in the 450s? Absolutely! Setups for lower headspeed, a faster tail servo, torque tube options, ESC with active freewheeling, a Loooong list of scale airframe tweaks, scale rotor rotation, and multi blade heads. But, this is their first step into that world, and I am excited to see where they take it from here.

Comment

• I am curious, any news yet on these coming into stock yet?

Comment

• I know, right ? Just go over to rcg, Admiral 450s are at the top of the page every day. With such a great interest in these, you would think they must be getting close to bringing these to market.

Comment

• I’ve almost waited too long now, I think I’m just going to get a 500 size MD 500

Comment

Working...
                                          X