X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official RotorScale B222 Shadow Black 450 Size Helicopter Discussion Thread

Motion RC is pleased to announce our release of the RotorScale B222 Shadow Black 450 Size Helicopter. This is the official message thread to post photos, videos, flight reviews and any questions about this scale 450 helicopter.

Product Page: https://www.motionrc.com/collections...helicopter-pnp

Introducing RotorScale’s new lineup for sport scale PNP helicopters! At Motion RC, we believe there is more to RC helicopters than 3D acrobatic flying, so we’re excited to bring together scale realism and modern stabilization software in an economical, user-friendly package.

With the quality of Roban fiberglass fuselages the RotorScale 450 PNP Helicopter Series seeks to bring scale helicopter flying within the reach of pilots with basic collective pitch flight experience who are looking to move upward toward larger scale 500-800 size helicopters.

Using a 6S 1100-1500mAh battery, fly for 5-6 minutes while exploring the flight envelope of this sport scale stabilized helicopter. The durable fiberglass bodies are finished in automotive paint and clearcoat for durability, and feature sharp panel lines, rivets, and other surface details.

Digital servos provide precise and responsive action, and breakaway landing gear plates help divert damage during hard landings away from major frame components. If ever required, the internal frame can be completely removed from the body in a few minutes with eight screws. Fully backed by Motion RC’s world renowned service, a complete line of spare parts is available to keep you flying.
    • Roban quality fiberglass fuselage complete with sharp panel lines, rivets and other surface details
    • Electronically retractable landing gear
    • Scale weapons
    INCLUDES:
    • RotorScale B222 Shadow Black 450 Size Helicopter - PNP
    REQUIRES:PRODUCT SPECIFICATIONS:

SKILL LEVEL : INTERMEDIATE
    Class / Size 450
    Power Type Electric
    Rotor Type Collective Pitch
    Body Material Fiberglass
    Overall Size (L x W x H) 750 x 180 x 250mm
    Empty Weight (w/o Battery) 950g
    Main Rotor Diameter 740mm
    Main Rotor Blade Length 325mm
    Tail Rotor Diameter 162mm
    Tail Rotor Blade Length 61mm
    Tail Drive Type Belt
    Cyclic Servos eMax ES09MD metal gear
    Tail Servo eMax ES9258 metal gear
    Power System 450L-1800kV Brushless Motor
    Electronic Speed Control 50A Brushless with XT60 connector
    Recommended Battery 6S 22.2V 1100 - 1500 mAh LiPo with XT60 Connector
    Required Radio 6 Channel
    Skill Level Intermediate
    Build Time 1 Hour
    Recommended Environment Outdoors
    Click image for larger version  Name:	mastera_c59e04a8-6b88-4bd4-8868-853fda8ad93c_1024x1024.jpg Views:	1 Size:	169.5 KB ID:	156463
    Attached Files
    My YouTube RC videos:
    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Wow! Now these are cool. I flew RC helicopters years ago, and haven’t flown them in a while as I prefer airplanes more. However, these may get me back into it with one. It’ll be hard to choose which one though, LOL.

Comment

The 450 size is great. They are economical. They fly nice. However, I can't really auto them well. But with electric you don't need to. I thought this genre was dead. Thank you Motion RC for bringing scale helicopters back.
      Meridian Aeromodelers, Meridian MS

Comment

I think that once the other "rotor heads" find out about this, you folks are going to have a hard time keeping them in-stock, ESPECIALLY with the holidays coming. An affordable (Blade 360 is $399 and NOT scale)
        scale helicopter that isn't a toy has been missing since all the other helicopter manufacturers shifted to quads. BTW Alpha, have you started threads on the OTHER discussion groups about this?

Comment

Are retracts standard? It appears there is a servo in the nose. I cant find mention of it in the release info. Not shown as an upgrade.
          Still flying P.15, avanti(#2), mig 21, yak 130 70mm(#2), f35, f9f panther, a10 64mm, F8 crusader/ PA ultimate amr /HK skipper, durafly dh vampire, p 51,spit mk24, corsair, flybeam/ BH f86 50mm, deltawing 50mm/ HH su 26 mm,umx pitts,umx sbach, blade nano cp s,blade 450x, inductrix 200, inductrix pro, umx yak 54,umx f27 fpv/ electrifly 4s L39/ flyzone beaver/ volantix asw 28, /dynam B26

RIP.. roc hobby waco,strega #2(you will be missed), Fw 90mm eurofighter.

Comment

Completely agree Valk! Fiberglass fuselages, and durable mechanics, for a killer price! Heck, if I remember right, the Blade micro Apache launch at a $269 price point. And that was a 2S plastic fuselage micro! The PNP element is really the icing on the cake. Hoping that this lineup drives the return of the scale choppers!

Comment

Originally posted by CFIT rob View Post
              Are retracts standard? It appears there is a servo in the nose. I cant find mention of it in the release info. Not shown as an upgrade.
              Yes, the retracts are standard. The servo in the nose drives the mechanical retracts. Same goes for the A109.

Comment

Originally posted by F106DeltaDart View Post
                Completely agree Valk! Fiberglass fuselages, and durable mechanics, for a killer price! Heck, if I remember right, the Blade micro Apache launch at a $269 price point. And that was a 2S plastic fuselage micro! The PNP element is really the icing on the cake. Hoping that this lineup drives the return of the scale choppers!
                From what I heard, the Blade scale helos pretty much shook themselves apart. And the thing you forgot to mention about the Apache was that it was a micro class, not a big bird like these.

Comment

Originally posted by Valkpilot View Post

From what I heard, the Blade scale helos pretty much shook themselves apart. And the thing you forgot to mention about the Apache was that it was a micro class, not a big bird like these.
                  I mentioned that twice.. And yeah, the thin vacuformed blade fuselages had a pretty nasty vibration tendency. The biggest problem was tuning the FC. It all had to be done through beeps and stick movements like programming an ESC. If you want to alter the programming on any of these, you plug it into the computer, download the software for Librepilot, and tweak as you desire!

Comment

Ok, so where are they? On a slow boat FROM China? Or are you folks holding back this and several other products for a big holiday extravaganza?

Comment

So what's the holdup? FOIL went from announcement to pre-order the same day, while this is approaching the thirty day mark?

Comment

Hi Valkpilot, I appreciate your initiative and continued interest! All of our new/upcoming products are on different timetables depending on a variety of factors. These helos are a different animal than Freewing, so we're getting our ducks in a row on a couple items based on early feedback before we push ahead with formal product availability. As is the case with any new release, our customer family can be assured that we won't make these available for purchase until we can fully support it in all facets.

For now, continue to send us feedback or post what you'd like to see, what flight controllers you've used and may want to see in these in the future, what types of scale 3DPUPs you'd like to see made available, etc.
                        Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
                          Hi Valkpilot, I appreciate your initiative and continued interest! All of our new/upcoming products are on different timetables depending on a variety of factors. These helos are a different animal than Freewing, so we're getting our ducks in a row on a couple items based on early feedback before we push ahead with formal product availability. As is the case with any new release, our customer family can be assured that we won't make these available for purchase until we can fully support it in all facets.

For now, continue to send us feedback or post what you'd like to see, what flight controllers you've used and may want to see in these in the future, what types of scale 3DPUPs you'd like to see made available, etc.
                          I'm good with waiting a while if it means a better product in the end. Are you or Motion involved in flight testing or is it RotorScale employee's? Either way, I'm looking forward to hurting the bank account a little more with one or two of these!

Comment

Ok Wolf fans, got some answers when I wandered over to the Huey thread on where are birds are.

Per Tom:
                            Hi guys. Alpha has been super busy on some new and existing projects so he has been unable to respond for a few days. Mark and I will try to cover for him in this thread for a bit. The simple explanation is that we are waiting for our order. So far we've received a small order of 450 PNP helicopters and about 30% of the spare parts. This is not enough to launch a new line of helicopters so we're waiting for the remainder of the order. Maybe we got over excited and shared these too early. I'm not sure where the happy medium is. If we keep things to close to the vest, I feel like we are keeping you guys in the dark and I don't want to keep you guys in the dark. If we let the cat out of the bag too early, you can see what happens. Hopefully we can find a happy medium.

So it appears to be a SAFU at the manufacturer's end. Keep your fingers crossed that we'll have one under the tree.

Comment

Count me in for one of these.

The description says it requires a flight controller but a post above implies that it already has one (e.g. programmed via LibrePilot - which implies that the FBL may be a CC3D board?).

Whats the deal?

Comment

Originally posted by ridgerunner View Post
                                Count me in for one of these.

The description says it requires a flight controller but a post above implies that it already has one (e.g. programmed via LibrePilot - which implies that the FBL may be a CC3D board?).

Whats the deal?
                                I think they mean receiver.

Comment

Any update on expected delivery date?

Is this, in fact, a real product?

Comment

Originally posted by ridgerunner View Post
                                    Any update on expected delivery date?

Is this, in fact, a real product?
                                    Big trouble in Big China, film at 11.

Comment

Ladies and gentlemen, let me present the Grinch that stole our Christmas:

Comment

I'm confused, when these were first announced it sounded like you plugged in your airplane rx. Now in the required section it's saying a $170 flite controller is needed. :Confused: I'm pretty new at helicopters so simple is what I was looking for. At $300 dollars I'm in on it.......... if it requires a $170 dollar rx I won't be buying one. Can someone from Motion please clarify this I'm sure I'm not the only one that wants to know.

Comment

Working...
                                        X