Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mark went and visited the factory with Alpha a few weeks back. Mark was communicating with the factory last night as well so hopefully we will know more soon.

Comment

Thanks Tom. Good info.
      Meridian Aeromodelers, Meridian MS

Comment

Really appreciate the info Tom. This Huey is at the top of my want/purchase list, so waiting anxiously for news.

Comment

The longer this takes to finally come out, the lower and lower my cash funds go, and eventually will hit zero. Would really like one, but the wait is burning a hole in my pocket.

Comment

I gave up on them already

Comment

The lack of communication is quite telling - the silence is almost deafening, in fact. Extremely discourteous and very amateurish to say the least.

Comment

I wouldn't go that far cyclone. I guess it's just business.

Comment

Originally posted by seaviper View Post
                  I wouldn't go that far cyclone. I guess it's just business.
                  Absolutely wrong - never, ever let marketing get ahead of production. A company's credibility ever relies more on the latter, than the former - a disappointed client base is a sure way to kill your business.

Obnoxious, hyped up marketing has destroyed more than a few seemingly sound enterprises.

Comment

Among all the products we're bringing in, each has its unique challenges and each must meet our series of standards before being deemed ready to upload onto the website. We're not quite there yet with these 450s due to some special circumstances. As Seaviper said, it's an unfortunate risk of "business", we do our best to avoid it, and I'd feel comfortable asserting our record of timeliness and transparency is solid in this industry. This is why we didn't load the products to the webpage and start taking preorders on an All New category that has never been done before in the RC Hobby to this degree... the day that they're on the product page on www.motionrc.com, you'll know all things are GO. In the meantime, we've publicized the models here on Hobby Squawk as a preview of what's to come... which is standard practice for just about everyone. We've got many other products online, and we continue to be open to feedback from customers regarding these 450 Helos as we gauge interest and tweak the final formats for this all new model category.

Increasingly it seems many people are asking for a version without the FBL FC, so presently that is in the works.

I understand and appreciate the anticipation. No one wants these in eager pilots' hands more than I do.
                    ​​​​​​​

Thanks, all!
                    Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
                      Among all the products we're bringing in, each has its unique challenges and each must meet our series of standards before being deemed ready to upload onto the website. We're not quite there yet with these 450s due to some special circumstances. As Seaviper said, it's an unfortunate risk of "business", we do our best to avoid it, and I'd feel comfortable asserting our record of timeliness and transparency is solid in this industry. This is why we didn't load the products to the webpage and start taking preorders on an All New category that has never been done before in the RC Hobby to this degree... the day that they're on the product page on www.motionrc.com, you'll know all things are GO. In the meantime, we've publicized the models here on Hobby Squawk as a preview of what's to come... which is standard practice for just about everyone. We've got many other products online, and we continue to be open to feedback from customers regarding these 450 Helos as we gauge interest and tweak the final formats for this all new model category.

Increasingly it seems many people are asking for a version without the FBL FC, so presently that is in the works.

I understand and appreciate the anticipation. No one wants these in eager pilots' hands more than I do.

Thanks, all!
                      More 'Martketing BS' - why can you not just admit that your concept is in fact, still far from becoming a reality? The Chinese are very likely now jumping you to the gun - hence, your parts supply problem.

You announced this far to soon, before getting all your 'ducks in a row' - from a Chinese perspective, 'charity forever begins at home'.

Comment

Thanks, all!
                        You speak of transparency, but only post this information on ONE thread. If it's a problem with an ENTIRE PRODUCT LINE, shouldn't you post it to the other product pages as well? Some people are interested in one or two products in this line, so they might not look at the the forum, only the specific thread. And in regards to this product line, many are going WTF or wondering if this will be MRCs Tucker Torpedo.

Comment

Cant we just agree that this is taking longer than anyone expected and not argue about such trivial things.

Comment

Originally posted by Grady.c View Post
                            Cant we just agree that this is taking longer than anyone expected and not argue about such trivial things.
                            Again, absolutely wrong - this is hardly trivial.

Do not ever market an idea - Marketing 101.

I am quite expecting a 450 Scale series to suddenly pop up elsewhere - before Motion RC ever get their act together.

By the way, the Motion RC Europe site is not worth visiting - not much works other than for the home page.

Comment

PS - I lost track of the number of times that the marketing fellow mentioned how 'super excited' he and Motion RC was about the imminent release of this new line, in the original video ........

I trust that you are all still SUPER EXCITED?

Comment

Originally posted by Grady.c View Post
                                It's more than that Grady. You know how over on the fixed wing side that there has been seemingly long delays on project announcements to the actual release. But I don't think the problem is MRC. I think the problem is in the Middle Kingdom with the trade "difficulties" going on between the US and China. Before this started MRC went an and asked if they could make X, Y, and Z, and were given a time frame by the manufacturers on when to expect delivery. Now with the disputes going on, the manufacturers are suddenly having "difficulties" on their end satisfying MRCs orders. One of the reasons I suspect this is just look at how many aircraft Hobby King USED to have vice what they have now. It wouldn't surprise me if some of the major model producers over there have switched from producing exportable products to local consumer goods.

Comment

Have a bit of patience.. I work in the world of full scale helicopter flight test. A delay can come from the smallest of items, from supplier shortages on a particular bolt, to last minute design alterations and software tweaks. Schedules change on a daily, if not hourly basis. There is so much more going on in a helicopter then Motion is used to in the fixed wing world. There are 10 times the parts, all more complicated to build with extremely tight tolerances. Its better to take the time and ensure everything is lined up and good to go, rather than push it out the door as quickly as possible. Other heli manufacturers (both RC and full scale) have been guilty of that mistake before.

Comment

I can't say much publicly for a variety of reasons, Valkpilot, but you're sniffing up the right tree, my friend, in terms of "X, Y, Z".
                                    Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

I can't say much publicly for a variety of reasons, Valkpilot, but you're sniffing up the right tree, my friend, in terms of "X, Y, Z".
                                      Wholly understand. Official comments could mean Big Trouble in Big China. But when you have answers you CAN publicize that effect an entire product line, post it on all threads in that product line. Just type up a response in a Word program, copy, paste, go to the next thread, paste, repeat as necessary. Not all people go to the main page, just to the subs that pertain to them. And as far as your problems go, perhaps you should hire Kurt Russel as a liaison to the manufacturers?:)

Comment

When all is said and done, never try to market an end product still in the making.

Simple as that.

Comment

That just has to be the most inept and uninformative response, ever.

Consider me to be yet another 'lost customer' .

Comment

Working...
                                          X