X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi Cyclone 7,
    I tried rotating the mount and this is as good as it gets with the current rod and tube arrangement. It was apparently factory test flown in this configuration and they had the tail servo ball at 13mm.

I may try to mount the servo on the underside of the boom mounts if I can find some longer screws, washers and a lock nut. That would make the tail control rod a straighter run.

As it is, it's doing ok in my test hovers in the yard. I've got it setup as good as I can now and need to expand the flight testing to forward flight and see how it flies. I'm at the bare minimum on the esc governor (60%) throttle and getting 6 minutes hovering with cells coming down at about 3.80V. No heat issues with motor, esc or battery although that's probably being helped by hovering without a fuselage.

Comment

• I think mounting the servo 'underside' as you suggest, is a good idea - it will certainly gain you quite a bit of height reduction(by the look of it) and reduce the bend significantly - if not making it almost straight? I've done the same thing in the past where I had a clearance issue.

Other than that, it is sounding all good if you are hovering around comfortably. I generally get 7+ minutes out of my 450's 3S 2200mAh batteries - just mild scale flying though. Seven minutes on my Tx's alarm lands my batteries at 3.72 - 3.74V consistently, which is where I like them to be at the end of a flight. I run my throttle at 66% & 68% flat curve for I/U 1 & 2 respectively and likewise, the Hobbywing 60A is not even slightly warm. I use the FBL controller(AR7210) governor for no other reason than to keep everything 'neat and tidy', control wise. Keep us updated on progress - you, RidgeRunner and DeltaDart seem to be the only customer feedback around at the moment.

Comment

• Cyclone is absolutely right, Loosen the screws on the rudder servo mounting plate and swing the servo where the pushrod aligns with the tail pitch lever. Upon doing this make sure your tail blades are in neutral with your servo arms at 90degrees.. And when you get everything all lined up with no binding, then set those pushrod guides by applying some epoxy and tie wraps to hold the pushrod tube in place.

Comment

• In time for Independence Day, here are some updated 3DPUP .STL files for the UH-1. With a few hours of printing and basic painting/cutting/screwing/soldering, one can really personalize the model beyond what arrives in the box. I especially like the fiberglass body because typical techniques from the plastic modeling world can be used. I haven't had the time to take this model to the next level, but it's nice knowing I could. Work in progress...

Stance: Cut the struts down the lower the stance as shown below. For more scale, shorten the skids themselves. I haven't done this yet on mine.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190629_125648.jpg
Views:	1428
Size:	34.5 KB
ID:	204304

3DPUPs: The files attached for the most part screw together. You'll need lots of 1.5mm wide screws.

Name:	IMG_20190629_141916.jpg
Views:	1353
Size:	70.4 KB
ID:	204309Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190629_161114.jpg
Views:	1337
Size:	61.0 KB
ID:	204308

Ammo belt: The great thing about PLA is that it softens under heat. A half second pass over a lighter will soften areas enough to bend the strip before it hardens again.

Name:	IMG_20190629_090921.jpg
Views:	1364
Size:	72.2 KB
ID:	204330Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190629_143918.jpg
Views:	1354
Size:	81.9 KB
ID:	204331

Drill 2mm holes into the fiberglass, and use those holes to also drill through the holes of clear green sheet. I try to minimize where glue is used.

Name:	IMG_20190704_010339.jpg
Views:	1301
Size:	70.4 KB
ID:	204306Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190629_145109.jpg
Views:	1338
Size:	101.0 KB
ID:	204310
          Attached Files
          Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Work in progress. Right now there are eight LEDs being driven from an MFCB. Simpler circuits can also be used if space is a concern.

Name:	IMG_20190704_170426.jpg
Views:	1409
Size:	252.9 KB
ID:	204340Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190704_170328.jpg
Views:	1348
Size:	262.4 KB
ID:	204341

Name:	manny2.jpg
Views:	1307
Size:	125.3 KB
ID:	204342Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190702_121325.jpg
Views:	1332
Size:	88.6 KB
ID:	204335

Name:	IMG_20190704_170250.jpg
Views:	1344
Size:	232.9 KB
ID:	204339Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190704_170258.jpg
Views:	1324
Size:	192.1 KB
ID:	204343
            Attached Files
            Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Awesome work Alpha! Love the 174th AHC colors on a Huey!

Comment

• Hi everyone. Just curious if there was a time-frame for Motion getting this helicopter back in stock.

Comment

• hi everyone can you help me for the wiring connection of my rotor scale as350 alphine yellow 450size helicopter/pnp

Comment

• Originally posted by ruel View Post
                    hi everyone can you help me for the wiring connection of my rotor scale as350 alphine yellow 450size helicopter/pnp
                    You might want to check & post in the thread that's active specifically for the AS350:

Post with the specific issues/questions you might have, and someone there will likely lend a hand!

Comment

• Greetings!

I just stumbled over Alpha's pictures of his modifications. Good job, especially with that not at all scale landing gear. I also like the weapons. They are scratch built, right? There is one more thing that you really must do: Get rid of that ugly front window and the wide brim it is mounted on. It looks like the helicopter is wearing thick horn glasses.

How do I know? I have the same fuselage and spent some time with modifying it. Here it is, but please be merciful. It's my first scale helicopter.

And I like the ammo belts. My experiments look similar, but I don't quite trust them to stay where they are when actually flying the model.

Comment

• So is Motion discontinuing this line already? Seems odd that the first batch came and went and not restock with no idea if or when restock will happen. I bought the A-109 coast guard back in may because there were no UH-1A's. I really wish I would have gotten the UH-1A as the 109 I got had issues with gear. I would convert my 109 but it would coast almost as much as just getting a UH-1A. Also Seams to be an issue with parts availability as well. Which leads me to think they done with the line. It would be nice to get some kind of update from Motion on the matter.

Gravy

Comment

• Originally posted by Gravythe clown View Post
                          So is Motion discontinuing this line already? Seems odd that the first batch came and went and not restock with no idea if or when restock will happen. I bought the A-109 coast guard back in may because there were no UH-1A's. I really wish I would have gotten the UH-1A as the 109 I got had issues with gear. I would convert my 109 but it would coast almost as much as just getting a UH-1A. Also Seams to be an issue with parts availability as well. Which leads me to think they done with the line. It would be nice to get some kind of update from Motion on the matter.

Gravy
                          I asked this way back when they announced them if parts were going to be a problem, well I was right, parts are not in stock like they should be, helis are different than EDF jets as far as parts go, you can make some parts for the foam jets or glue them back together but a heli needs a supply of parts in stock, I know how you feel, bought this big 800 size Roban AH-6, and I need to replace a couple of things and was already notified that they didn't know when they were getting any replacement parts back in stock, something as easy as a window, if your going to be a heli dealer, parts need to be in stock......................
                          Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by DCORSAIR View Post

I asked this way back when they announced them if parts were going to be a problem, well I was right, parts are not in stock like they should be, helis are different than EDF jets as far as parts go, you can make some parts for the foam jets or glue them back together but a heli needs a supply of parts in stock, I know how you feel, bought this big 800 size Roban AH-6, and I need to replace a couple of things and was already notified that they didn't know when they were getting any replacement parts back in stock, something as easy as a window, if your going to be a heli dealer, parts need to be in stock......................
                            That sucks Corsair. If it helps, the Windshield is in stock over at scaleflying. It would need to be shipped from Europe and painted black though: https://scaleflying.de/product_info....et-md500d.html

Comment

• Originally posted by F106DeltaDart View Post

That sucks Corsair. If it helps, the Windshield is in stock over at scaleflying. It would need to be shipped from Europe and painted black though: https://scaleflying.de/product_info....et-md500d.html
                              Oh wow, thanks for the info, flat black is easy to paint.....

Comment

• Yeah DCORSAIR it really blows that they offered up these nice little heli’s that nobody else carries only to never have parts or restock. Now my 109 sits patiently waiting for a main shaft.

Gravy

Comment

Yeah DCORSAIR it really blows that they offered up these nice little heli’s that nobody else carries only to never have parts or restock. Now my 109 sits patiently waiting for a main shaft.

Gravy
                                  The mechanics are all Trex 450SE clones. You can find most of the parts on amain or at aligntrexstore. Here is a link to a spare mainshaft that should fit: https://www.amainhobbies.com/align-4...h001xx/p243418.

Comment

• Ordered new shaft. Thanks for the heads up.

Comment

• Well unfortunately that shaft don’t work. It’s 112mm and the stock is 116mm. I could make that work with if that was the only problem but the head Jesus bolt hole don’t line up with it match on the shaft. The hike is to far down the shaft just enough I can’t get the bolt in. Now I could drill it out, but I really don’t like messing with the main shaft on a helicopter.
                                      The other shaft that Align has for a 450 is 118mm closer but uses a different mid shaft retainer.
                                      I tried straightening out my bent shaft and I got it really close but I can still see a slight offset when spooled up.
                                      Man Motion really needs to get on getting some spear parts for these helicopters.

gravy

Comment

Well unfortunately that shaft don’t work. It’s 112mm and the stock is 116mm. I could make that work with if that was the only problem but the head Jesus bolt hole don’t line up with it match on the shaft. The hike is to far down the shaft just enough I can’t get the bolt in. Now I could drill it out, but I really don’t like messing with the main shaft on a helicopter.
                                        The other shaft that Align has for a 450 is 118mm closer but uses a different mid shaft retainer.
                                        I tried straightening out my bent shaft and I got it really close but I can still see a slight offset when spooled up.
                                        Man Motion really needs to get on getting some spear parts for these helicopters.

gravy
                                        Sorry to hear that. I guess its not quite a 100% clone. Found these on ebay: https://www.ebay.com/itm/116mm-450-M...wAAOSwlfZani6k. They look like the stock shaft, and are 116mm. Might be our mysterious clone main shaft. Sorry to give you a wrong lead on that first shaft.

Comment

• No problem on wrong lead, it was way better than what found. I bought a couple of the news one. Look closer. Thanks again.

gravy

Comment

Working...
                                          X