Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alpha, that’s fantastic but will you guys be restocking spare parts soon on all the 450 rotoscale Helo’s?

gravy

Comment

Thank you so much Alpha ! Really looking forward to getting started on the scale details, but I'm going to fly my mechanics in pod and boom form first, until I'm satisfied with how it fly's before I install it in the fuselage.

Comment

Just received mine in motion rc fashion. Perfect condition and lightning like speed. Looking forward to the build and all the pup file goodies.

Comment

Originally posted by SilentTiger View Post
          Just received mine in motion rc fashion. Perfect condition and lightning like speed. Looking forward to the build and all the pup file goodies.
          SilentTiger Welcome home to Hobby Squawk, SilentTiger! If you have any questions about the 3DPUPs, let me know. I am still adjusting the files from time to time, as time allows. Printing the 3DPUPs is straightforward, but the LED housings can be finicky. If it isn't clear, the fuselage LED housings are drawn for a 5mm LED on the port and starboard, a Freewing 1W LED for the nose, and an RC car's rotating amber light for the tail.
          Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

My Frankenstein mechanics are almost ready for 1st flight. Meanwhile, I cut the doors off of the fuselage, and getting the weapon pods ready. They came today from Motion, and already painted black ! It's starting to come together...... Can't wait to fly the mechanics. Click image for larger version

Name:	20191112_152723.jpg
Views:	1283
Size:	95.9 KB
ID:	219297Click image for larger version

Name:	20191113_211254.jpg
Views:	1280
Size:	133.8 KB
ID:	219298Click image for larger version

Name:	20191113_211254.jpg
Views:	1265
Size:	133.8 KB
ID:	219299Click image for larger version

Name:	20191113_211242.jpg
Views:	1344
Size:	127.6 KB
ID:	219300

Comment

Does anybody know why Motion recommends the Tarot zyxs2 flight controller for all their RotorScale 450 helicopters, but all their photos show the Sparky 2.0 flight controllers.

Comment

Don't know, but I didn't have much luck with the zyxs2. Could never get it to initialize, no matter how many times I plugged it in. Went with the yellow mini kbar, and 2 dsmx satellites. Click image for larger version

Name:	20191122_185914.jpg
Views:	1294
Size:	119.5 KB
ID:	220160Click image for larger version

Name:	20191122_185842.jpg
Views:	1192
Size:	102.9 KB
ID:	220161Click image for larger version

Name:	20191122_185837.jpg
Views:	1187
Size:	104.7 KB
ID:	220162Click image for larger version

Name:	20191122_185827.jpg
Views:	1159
Size:	98.5 KB
ID:	220163 all is good. Also 20.00 cheaper.

Comment

Gentlemen, I have a question. I have been thru flying the fixed pitch helis for a couple years. Then 2 years ago I got a 550 size heli full collective pitch. I loved it and was doing great just hovering it and getting use to it. But one done I fat fingered it and down she went. Spent over $100 fixing her and then sold her because it was just too expensive to repair. I noticed the parts for this are at a much better price point. How does she fly and could this be a good first or in my case second collective pitch heli? And can I get assistance somewhere on setting up the gyro?

Comment

Originally posted by captfletch View Post
                    Gentlemen, I have a question. I have been thru flying the fixed pitch helis for a couple years. Then 2 years ago I got a 550 size heli full collective pitch. I loved it and was doing great just hovering it and getting use to it. But one done I fat fingered it and down she went. Spent over $100 fixing her and then sold her because it was just too expensive to repair. I noticed the parts for this are at a much better price point. How does she fly and could this be a good first or in my case second collective pitch heli? And can I get assistance somewhere on setting up the gyro?
                    captfletch Welcome home to Hobby Squawk! How comfortable were you with your 550? Was it belt drive or torque tube, flybared or flybarless, 4s/6s/8s/10s, and what flight controller were you using?

In general, CP helos fly as good as they're configured by the user. There will be some mechanical variations which are easily identified and resolved before flight. But once in the air, it's rare these days that a blade will suddenly shed or the mechanics will implode on their own. What is a stronger determinant of success is the pilot and his flight controller. If the latter is configured improperly, the helo may never leave the ground, or if it did, it might quickly return to the ground for a prompt dirt nap. If the latter is configured properly, they do a lot of the heavy lifting compared to more basic HH gyros of days past, so the overall brain load is lower and the overall experience more enjoyable. I'd emphasize that we're talking in terms of Potential here --modern tech makes CP helo flight Potentially more enjoyable, accessible, easier, etc. But that's only after the correct configuration has been done.

More specifically, setting up the gyro will depend on the gyro/flight controller you choose to use. Do you have one in mind yet? Otherwise, I'm sure the group here can recommend one to you that fits your budget, intended flight profile, and preference for ease of use versus programmability. There is a wide range, from K-bars to Tarots to Microbeasts and more.

Comment

Any 3dpup files yet for the cockpit,pilot and magazine rack?

Comment

SilentTiger I haven't drafted a cockpit yet. For now, the pilot figures are hot-glued against the inner frame.

The mag rack still needs some tweaking. I'll post it once complete.

The pilot figure is resized from MaxGrueter's "PILOT (1:6)" file, available for free download on Thingiverse. I also highly recommend browsing his paid gigs on www.cgtrader.com. He is very talented and I think his files are well worth the asking price.

Comment

I just got done with the build. I had tested without all of the armament and the heli performed well. I now need the weather to cooperate in order to retest with all of the add ons. The pilot seat is a bit cheesy, but it works. Used magnets to hold things together.
                          Attached Files

Comment

amgsky1 Neat, they look good! And your crewman doesn't look bad at all. I like the seat, too, and the ammo belt. Just to confirm, you're using the latest versions of the larger components (pylons, mounts, larger antennas) screw together, right?

Comment

Thanks Alpha! As respects to the 3DPUP's all of the larger items are held in by screws and epoxy. Smaller items and the pilot's chair are just epoxied. The pilot is held in by strong magnets as I wanted the ability to fly without it if the weight loading started to add up. Sorry that was not clearer from the onset......

Comment

Hi guys I've recently purchased one of these. Do you know of Anywhere I can buy the 3d prints of the ammo belt and the other bits in these pics.

Comment

Irish_steve86 Hi Steve, I posted a ZIP file on the previous page of this thread. That ZIP contains the majority of the files I designed and printed as shown in my helo photos you posted. We don't sell preprinted sets, but perhaps one of the guys here would print a set for you. Chris "TheRCGeek" prints files for members, as I recall.

Enjoy!

Comment

Ah I see the file now ha ha. I've picked up a 3d printer off a mate so I'm going to give it a go myself. I will keep the forum posted on my progress. Thanks guys

Comment

Feck setting up this Tarot zyx s2 is a pain. Has anyone had any luck with it. Or maybe recommend a better replacement??

Comment

I didn’t care for it either. I replaced mine with a beastX plus.

its got many setup steps all done through the sticks but works very well.

gravy

Comment

When will more of these be in stock?

Comment

Working...
                                          X