Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JFandL View Post

So how's the build going?
    Haven’t started yet. I’ve got the 600 size Kiowa and a 500 size CH-34 Choctaw in the project cue first. Have everything together for it, and might start looking at it more after I’m back from New Years with the family.

Comment

Starting to get more of the body details going over our 4 day weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Derek.motionrc View Post
        Wiring all coming together, solderd on bullet connectors and EC5 plugs really sucks ! Went to do a voltage test on my leads coming off for the UBEC's and fried one JST plug ... nobody is perfect !
        Have you got your(Math) gears setup for your castle done yet? I would guess 1450 RPM would be max safe target?

Comment

My specs are the 450KV motor which is 10 pole, ratio is 13.845 and my RPM is set too 1225 on a 12s setup. You can go 1450 but probably need the 500KV motor for that.

Comment

Test bed complete and ready to fly. Now if it will just get above freezing outside I will do a test hover.

Comment

Having never built anything of this caliber, I would have never thought to build a test bed like that!! That's awesome! Hope the hover goes well!

Comment

Got a little more done this weekend, created some light covers for the strobe lights, details to the front, gun installed and working on some tail details. Just keeping it fun.

Comment

Having some fun dressing up the body from the rear with some more detail.

Comment

Originally posted by Derek.motionrc View Post
                    My specs are the 450KV motor which is 10 pole, ratio is 13.845 and my RPM is set too 1225 on a 12s setup. You can go 1450 but probably need the 500KV motor for that.
                    So what is the all up weight? 1225 RPM's seems slow.

Comment

That will be sufficient for scale flight keeps the heat down and the blades will sound more like a real Apache

Comment

Working on a complete decal kit for the Apache with Callie Graphics I will let all of you know when it is completed!

Comment

Nice work. What size/scale did you get those pilots? I just picked up the 700 Ah-1w and trying to find pilots for it.

Comment

Working...
                          X