X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roban Apache 700 size build

Starting to put together the Apache 700, lots of parts to this big boy.

Upgraded main gear set from Quick UK very good quality

Comment

Mechanics are coming together

Comment

Motor installed and belt tension set correctly, belt tracking centered on the drive gear. very Important !!

Comment

Wiring all coming together, solderd on bullet connectors and EC5 plugs really sucks ! Went to do a voltage test on my leads coming off for the UBEC's and fried one JST plug ... nobody is perfect !

Comment

I plan to fly and tune the mechanics/gyro on a test board before installing into the body.

Comment

The factory finish from Roban leaves a lot to be desired. Cheap easy fix ? Yes ! camo green spray paint from Wal-Mart is a close match and looks great for a base color. Plan to weather this baby up real good !! I added a small chrome strip to the inside of the windows for a start on detailing and it looks close to the real thing.

Comment

Wow, that looks like a fun build! I will be following this as hopefully some day the finances will allow me to get one. Is the Huey in the background a Roban as well? That's what I plan to build in the future.

Comment

Yes that is the 600 size Huey back there, flies very well I just need to finish up details on the outside and the interior but I will start another thread for that one.

Comment

So far this will be my basic layout for the batteries and ESC, looks like it will work out pretty well. I have been told the interior can run hot so I have punched some holes into the sides and intend to add some cooling fans to combat this. The holes alone will allow more air to circulate around the batteries.

Comment

So here is my cooling system for the interior to keep the temps down on all the electronics, Cut open the sides to access the engine or turbine area for the heat to exit out of. Found some small 5volt computer fans and used garage door foam seal to create a nice pressure fit and they will blow the hot air right out the back through the exhaust.

Comment

Bench test of the mechanics https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlwH9_cN3SQ

Comment

Day Bright lighting system GT 3W kit https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84REN_CixW4

Comment

Nice work so far! Really looking forward to the build! Just picked up the 700 Cobra myself for a winter build.

Comment

Weekend progress.

Comment

Ordered some lens covers for the strobe lights will see how they work out.

Comment

getting closer to a test flight ! gyro is programmed and everything checks out so far.

Comment

Started getting the body together today. Had to do some shaping to get the tail to fit just perfect but so far so good and it is nice to see it sitting on the landing gear !

Comment

Had these pilots made for my 600 size Huey but dang ! I think I can make them for for the Apache as well. They are from http://realmodelpilots.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by F106DeltaDart View Post
                                        Nice work so far! Really looking forward to the build! Just picked up the 700 Cobra myself for a winter build.
                                        So how's the build going?

Comment

Working...
                                        X