Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JFandL View Post

So how's the build going?
    Haven’t started yet. I’ve got the 600 size Kiowa and a 500 size CH-34 Choctaw in the project cue first. Have everything together for it, and might start looking at it more after I’m back from New Years with the family.

Comment

Starting to get more of the body details going over our 4 day weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Derek.motionrc View Post
        Wiring all coming together, solderd on bullet connectors and EC5 plugs really sucks ! Went to do a voltage test on my leads coming off for the UBEC's and fried one JST plug ... nobody is perfect !
        Have you got your(Math) gears setup for your castle done yet? I would guess 1450 RPM would be max safe target?

Comment

My specs are the 450KV motor which is 10 pole, ratio is 13.845 and my RPM is set too 1225 on a 12s setup. You can go 1450 but probably need the 500KV motor for that.

Comment

Test bed complete and ready to fly. Now if it will just get above freezing outside I will do a test hover.

Comment

Having never built anything of this caliber, I would have never thought to build a test bed like that!! That's awesome! Hope the hover goes well!

Comment

Got a little more done this weekend, created some light covers for the strobe lights, details to the front, gun installed and working on some tail details. Just keeping it fun.

Comment

Having some fun dressing up the body from the rear with some more detail.

Comment

My specs are the 450KV motor which is 10 pole, ratio is 13.845 and my RPM is set too 1225 on a 12s setup. You can go 1450 but probably need the 500KV motor for that.
                    So what is the all up weight? 1225 RPM's seems slow.

Comment

That will be sufficient for scale flight keeps the heat down and the blades will sound more like a real Apache

Comment

Working on a complete decal kit for the Apache with Callie Graphics I will let all of you know when it is completed!

Comment

Nice work. What size/scale did you get those pilots? I just picked up the 700 Ah-1w and trying to find pilots for it.

Comment

So I got them from real model pilots over in England and I just gave him overall dimensions and not use scale as that seems to not look as good.

Comment

Looks great! I have had my 700 size cobra for almost a year... slowly putting it together (clearly). I like your test bed, I was thinking of doing that myself. What are the dimensions of the base piece? And your skids? (cross pieces and skids)?

Comment

Upgraded main gear set from Quick UK very good quality
                                Is the main gear set that comes with the kit suspect? Or you just wanted to upgrade?

Comment

So the dimensions on the test bed are set according to when the batteries are placed in it will CG correctly and the main gears are good but these will run making much less noise.

Comment

Any updates on the build?

Comment

Hello. I am purchasing this Apache and looking at the align 850mx 490kv motor. What is the main gear tooth count you are using? And what pinion tooth count?

Comment

Sorry for no updates in a while been diverted to other projects. I dont have a tooth count but the overall ratio is 13.845. I hope that helps and the pinion is on a belt drive so it does not contact the main gear directly.

Comment

Might as well subscribe to this thread as I just bought one of these.

Comment

Working...
                                          X