Clear All

My Apache arrived today...

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190805_135636-800x600.jpg
Views:	753
Size:	177.8 KB
ID:	209102

Comment

Hi tooeleflyboy. My name is Scott and have spoken with you a couple of times by phone thus week about the roban Apache I am building. I have a couple of questions. Where did you get the light covers for your side lights? Also where did you get the glass pieces for the nose cameras? Looks real nice.

Comment

The camera setup was all custom from stuff laying around the shop. Here are my side light covers that I took and ground down till I just had the shape you see left over from the one pare on the right in the photo.

At Motion RC we carry the largest selection of electric and gas powered radio control (RC) planes, boats, buggies, cars, helicopters, tanks, trucks, and much more. We also offer a huge selection of lipo batteries, chargers, ESCs, gas engines, motors, radios, and servos. Shop our lowest prices with free shipping.

Comment

Originally posted by Tooeleflyboy View Post
          The camera setup was all custom from stuff laying around the shop. Here are my side light covers that I took and ground down till I just had the shape you see left over from the one pare on the right in the photo.

https://www.motionrc.com/collections...ers-dy-dhc2-19
          Way to see the potential in something. I took two large vitamin pills and sanded them down to make the pucks to vacuum form over. Worked really good.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20190816_212750.jpg Views:	0 Size:	32.3 KB ID:	210587

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190816_214451-800x600.jpg
Views:	704
Size:	163.8 KB
ID:	210588

Comment

And here is the result.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20190818_162153.jpg Views:	8 Size:	81.2 KB ID:	210832

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20190817_215209.jpg Views:	6 Size:	78.5 KB ID:	210833

Comment

Nice work, looks great!

Comment

Any more progress on this Apache?

Comment

Yes putting it all together now and hope for a test hover when the weather gets better

Comment

Yes putting it all together now and hope for a test hover when the weather gets better
                    Oh okay, I still haven't bought one yet, watched RCJetdude get his going and wanted to see what you thought of the kit and how it flies as well, I might still get the Cobra first, don't know yet, love the look of the Apache though, can't wait to see yours done as well.

Comment

Have a Cobra laying on the table right now. Belongs to a friend he is building it, His second one. He says it is the best flying 700 size military helicopter and I have to say it looks mean.

Comment

Have a Cobra laying on the table right now. Belongs to a friend he is building it, His second one. He says it is the best flying 700 size military helicopter and I have to say it looks mean.
                        Oh, that makes me want one even more now, good to know it flies good, I think my choice will be the Cobra first, then the Apache down the road, thanks for the info.

Comment

Upgraded main gear set from Quick UK very good quality
                          Do you have a part number or something for that gear set?

Comment

Originally posted by ASGriffith View Post

Do you have a part number or something for that gear set?

Welcome to Hobby Squawk ASGriffith , I found it here, but seems to be out of stock at the moment: https://www.ercmarket.com/roban-700-...t-qrb-mg1.html

Comment

Originally posted by James View Post

Welcome to Hobby Squawk ASGriffith , I found it here, but seems to be out of stock at the moment: https://www.ercmarket.com/roban-700-...t-qrb-mg1.html
                              Thanks, I setup to notify when back, I also sent QUK an email directly

Comment

I got mine from scalflying.de but they are out of stock too at the moment. Part number HSM-800SU

Comment

Thanks Steve, they seem to be out of stock everywhere :(

Comment

Originally posted by ASGriffith View Post
                                    Thanks Steve, they seem to be out of stock everywhere :(
                                    They were for me as well when I first checked them so I registered my email to be notified and sure enough they came back in stock. I am sure they will be getting more.

Comment

Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post

They were for me as well when I first checked them so I registered my email to be notified and sure enough they came back in stock. I am sure they will be getting more.
                                      Thanks! I registered on both sites, Quick UK hasn't replied to my email but I'll keep my eyes open and go with what I have now till then.

The goal is scale heli nats with this and yours looks great so I'm following what you did closely.

Comment

For anyone looking for them, the helical cut gears are in stock at ScaleFlying.de

I decided to check on the stock despite never being notified and they were there so woo hoo lol

Comment

Working...
                                        X