X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roban Airwolf 800 Size Build

Here is a finish product one of our 800 size Scale model - Airwolf runs on 12S powered by a Scorpion HK4035IV-530 KV ,equipped with a Bavarian Demon Axon. Spektrum iX12 12 chnl. radio system, Castle 160HV-F ESC, M-Blade system.
    Attached Files

Im starting mine today

Comment

Great. Enjoy your build. Any problems you encounter, let me know. On that note, be real careful about those retract bushings when mounting them.

Comment

Hey buddy, nice to see your Airwolf in its full pride. Wondering if you used a voltage regulator? Have a great Christmas, a happy new year and lots of joy flying. Cheers

Comment

Glad to see more build threads in Scale Helicopters
          TiredIron Aviation
          Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

I will be watching this thread, I have an interest in purchasing the same kit

Comment

Hey Jerry, let me know when you start yours. I
              finished mine but still need to get the electronics to run and would appreciate any help.
              Where you from by the way?
              Stay in touch, mate.
              Andy

Comment

I will keep you updated, I live in the Houston Texas area.

Comment

Thanks Jerry. This is my first R/C helicopter and I haven’t got the slightest clue what’s going on. If I only knew before just how difficult it is, I wouldn’t have started. Honestly.

Comment

Well that is a deep subject. Helis are challenging more so than airplanes, the fact they give an warm feeling flying them, but instantaneous defeat. You have the advantage of the advanced electronics that we did not have 10 years ago. I do not want to discourage you so, my number 1 recommendation is to GET HELP! Do not try to fly this type of heli on your own, it will not turn out well.

I began in this hobby when I was 10 and flown every facet over the past 50 years. let me know what I can do to help.

Comment

Merry Christmas to you, Jerry.
                      Thank you very much for your offer. I’ve been to a rc club near me and happy to join. Pretty sure the guys would give me good advice and help me as well as good as they can but the heli must be in a finished enough state. The guys go there to fly and not to build. So, yes. Every help would be greatly appreciated. I’d like to send you some pictures of how far I am with the model. It does look awesome, you won’t regret buying it. Are you a scale flyer only or do the 3D flying as well?
                      Take care.
                      Andy

Comment

I am 64 and fly big which means I am not a hard core 3D pilot. I have a Trex 700 Turbine and others. I am considering moving in to the slow lane after 12 years of flying helis moving into scale. This Airwolf fits my flying style perfectly. I have the abilities to put on a good show with this type of heli.

It has been a pleasure talking with you, this is a great hobby to be in.

Comment

Great to see more interest in scale helis :)
                          TiredIron Aviation
                          Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

I ordered the 500 size to fit my budget. And found a 500 trex tt on rcg for 235.00 shipped. So I'm well on my way as soon as I receive everything.

Comment

Sweet. Waiting for some pictures, buddy.

Comment

Yes I used a 20 amp Castle BEC Pro with 2 output plugs receiver - throttle and BX3 controller set at 6.0V

Comment

Hey Jerry,
                                  thank you very much for your time and help. You are absolutely right. I wouldn't be too concerned about crashing, it's only money after all. But the last thing I want to do is to hurt someone or worse. It is very complicated and obviously way above my head, I mean, I am trying since half a year now to put all the things together. Think I better cut my loss now and watch the show on TV. Thank you very much again for all the help and thoughts, it's much appreciated.
                                  And don't forget to send some pictures if you decide to get the Vario. Here's my email: homerj.simpson@y7mail.com
                                  I know, silly name for an address but I am also a Simpsons fan.
                                  Take care and stay up in the air.

Comment

Andy, Did you get the PM that I sent you? I am still trying to learn to navigate this new forum. The last thing I want to do is discourage you after you have made it this far but you need to fully understand the dangers. I would recommend a sim for you to begin learning to fly. I have purchased my 3rd sim right now and so far recommend AccuRC. It will set you back about 50 usd depending on your transmitter. It may run another 40usd for a simstick. This will be the best investment in your stable. I recommend a Pod & boom heli to practice on also like I said. Do not give up at this point, GET SOME HELP.

Comment

Don't worrie about it, Jerry. The navigation through this forum is a riddle for me too. You did not discourage me but help is difficult to find here. Most of the RC club guys fly fixed wings only and the one or two other guys are barely there. Every time I find somebody close to where I life, he's selling his heli because of the same problems. I wouldn't sell mine though, love the Airwolf too much. Haha. I might put everything together and just have it hanging suspended of the ceiling. At least it doesn't crash there. Have you decided on the Vario yet?

Comment

Hola, alguien sabe dónde puedo comprar repuestos para airwolf 800 de roban , en motion rc no hay stock necesito sistema eléctrico completo los cables de leds y todo lo que lleva de origen un raton me a hecho daño en todos los cables,lo agradecería saludos

Comment

Working...
                                        X