X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Superscale 470 size "compactor" mechanics? AS-350

HELP!!! I recently acquired a ROBAN AS350 470size fuselage and I either need to find a source for spare parts to complete this model or find some one who owns a crashed one and is need of a complete fuselage

Unfortunately, the 470s are discontinued. Your best bet is either going through Motion CS, they can special order parts from Roban for you.

Comment

Originally posted by JDLightnin'

Yeah, posting on hear was my last resort. I had exhausted my options on finding them on the web and Derrick at Motion told me I was "out of luck" there was Nothing they could do and offered No help in contacting Roban. I finally got ahold of Ed at Motion and he actually personally had most of the parts I needed laying around at home "slightly used", how cool is that? (still searching for the cockpit details) Thanks though
      That's awesome! Worst case for some of those cockpit details, you could have them custom made and 3D printed. I've had a few cockpits parts done by realmodelpilots in the UK that have turned out awesome.

Comment

Sure happy Motion has Roban now.

Comment

Originally posted by F106DeltaDart View Post
          Unfortunately, the 470s are discontinued. Your best bet is either going through Motion CS, they can special order parts from Roban for you.
          For anyone looking or interested, I have a NIB untouched 470 size AS350 (red/black color scheme) with three bladed head, all electronics, (gyro, ESC, motor, servos) scale cockpit goodies, etc. ...shoot me a PM

Comment

I am sorry to say. Roban's 470 series scale helis are totally off the shelf and discontinued due to poor quality in mechanical design and inferior parts.. I guess this should explain to you everything so as not to keep your high hopes.

Comment

Originally posted by eawings View Post
              I am sorry to say. Roban's 470 series scale helis are totally off the shelf and discontinued due to poor quality in mechanical design and inferior parts.. I guess this should explain to you everything so as not to keep your high hopes.
              I ended up with two complete kits. 1 ARF and 1Mechanics only. I sold them both already.

Comment

I am Ed John. Glad you did and they are a total headache to fly and repair. In fact as I already mentioned to you the on prototype model I built was the AH-1 but lot of mods before I could really make her fly. None of this Bell 407 and AS350 flew well no matter what mods you did to them. They were made not to fly to cut it short.

Comment

I have the AH-1 and it was more work than any other Scale helicopter I've done to get it to fly. It flies very well now but I would never try another 470
                  "compactor"
                  kit.

Comment

Working...
                  X