Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Searching for parts...

Hi Squawkers,
    First time poster, long time RC addict (mostly fixed wing). I'll start by commending everyone here on the tone and professionalism of this forum. As a newbie to the internet discussion thing, I can't overemphasize how helpful it is to have folks out there willing to share and discuss their experiences in the hobby. And in terms of fun, I think the collective anticipation of new projects and ongoing releases can't be beat. So tip of the cap to moderators and contributors here, as well as the developers who occasionally pop up on this site (Alpha, you're my hero). All things said it's nice to know a community like this exists out there.

On to a question: I've dabbled in helis over the last few years. Pod and boom first, now making my way into scale. But the resources out there for parts seem very hit and miss: some available, some out of stock, some long gone. For the pros- any resources for finding serviceable, relaible multi-rotor heads (5 blade) and tails (4 blade) and raised tail kits for 450 sized birds (I've got an Align Trex 450 L) Seems like a lot of the parts out there disappeared circa a while back, and links in most of the forums are old and lead to dead ends. Any ideas for sites or suppliers? Or is it mostly craft your own?

Anyhow, thanks for the help, and happy to be here!

Hello there, and welcome to the forum! Unfortunately, the parts for multiblade 450 heads have really dried up over about the last 2 years. The main website I've used is eHirobo: http://www.ehirobo.com/rc-helicopter...s-multi-blades. At the moment, they only have the 4 blade heads in stock. The 5 blade heads occaisonally pop up on ebay if you keep an eye out. I also have one one them in my personal spares if you need it.

Tails are a bit more complicated. The only 450 size raised tail unit is belt drive, and comes with the Roban 450 Huey fuselage. You might be able to get it through special order from Motion, or direct through Roban, but it wouldn't work with the 450L. For the 4 blade tail, there are no companies making them under the 600 size right now. You can find 3 blade tails that fit with some modification (Oxy 3 or Gaui), but the only way to easily do a 4 blade is to make a cascade tail yourself: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...%28450-size%29.

Hope this helps!

Michael

Comment

Thanks for the advice DeltaDart!

Comment

Originally posted by AlmostReadytoFly View Post
        Thanks for the advice DeltaDart!
        No problem! What kind of project are you looking at? Between a 5 blade head, raised tail, and 4 blade tail, maybe a Hind?

Comment

Call it a semi-scale S64 Skycrane (I gave up on the idea of a 450 sized 6 blade main and I do t have the skill to flip the tail rotor over to the correct size, so 5 blades and a right side tail rotor will have to do). Aiming to build a functional water drop mechanism for it, too! Maybe it's the So Cal in me, but I feel like the firefighting aircraft deserve more model time!

Comment

Working...
          X