X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's Going On with RotorScale?

Went to see the latest on the B222, everything's gone. Has the project been scrapped due to manufacturer problems or just pulled UTFN due to manufacturing problems?

Just updating the pages and making some changes to them. They will be back up soon

Comment

Any updates on this? I'm anxious to know when we can expect these to be released. (me and probably thousands of others) I really hope after all this time, they don't cancel these.

Comment

Per SuperDave over on the "Admiral Helicopters" thread:

Today, 12:13 PM
        I just spoke with MotionRC about the Rotorscale heli's. I was told that they have been shelved for the forseeable future due to some issues with the manufacturer.
        Bummer. Moving on.

SuperDave

Comment

Oh man, that is just a shame. I hope they can work it out somehow. I know they will sell like hotcakes so I don't get what the issue is.

Comment

Per the Official RotorScale UH-1A Medic Green 450 Size Helicopter Discussion Thread, It appears MRC has been at the mercy of manufacturing issues and this may or may not happen. No fault of MRC, Per another thread, someone spoke to MRC recently and was told that they have been shelved for the forseeable future due to some issues with the manufacturer. It's certain a bummer but that's life. We can only hope this eventually surfaces. Despite some of the negative comments in the aforementioned thread, MRC is by far one of the best in the business and they back up their products. Though the marketing may have been a bit premature, I still would much rather they didn't release anything until all was kosher. Thanks for all you do to make this hobby most enjoyable MRC.

Comment

OK, so I just had a chat with someone from MRC support online about this. He said the reason for the holdup on these is they would not all perform the same so they have been held back until the new parts arrive for the factory to do an upgrade. They just want the customer to get a good product. He says they will eventually become available but no ETA at this time. To buy something else now or not to buy....that is the question. lol

Comment

Kudos to MRC for not using their customers as beta testers!
                Roy Mayoral

Comment

I purchased the md 500 450 size2 months ago. It says they are test flown at the factory. That’s a lie. Mine would not fly because of the tail servo not centered. Ended up sending Heli to Ed that works for Motion rc to fix it and set up the tarot gyro. Received Heli back with damage to the fuselage that was not there when it left my house. He also had to do other repairs to the Heli. Not worth buying. Also, 90 % of the parts on there sight are out of stock and have been out of stock. Hopefully they go out of business.

Comment

These are the photos
                    Attached Files

Comment

I known Ed for a long time back when he use to work for RCAERODYNE and I have send several of my big Helicopters to him and No matter how tight you pack your Helicopter in the box you are guaranteed to get it back with something wrong. Blame it on the shipping Company. We stuck 10 fragile stickers on the box and got one package back with a crushed corners, punctured holes, etc. Etc....

Comment

Is there any idea about availability of the UH1 or AS350 setups? Last comment with any reference to a time was in Feb 19.

Danny

Comment

Originally posted by Apache500 View Post
                          I known Ed for a long time back when he use to work for RCAERODYNE and I have send several of my big Helicopters to him and No matter how tight you pack your Helicopter in the box you are guaranteed to get it back with something wrong. Blame it on the shipping Company. We stuck 10 fragile stickers on the box and got one package back with a crushed corners, punctured holes, etc. Etc....
                          Not shipping problem. He put the frame to high in the fuselage causing the servo next to the swash plate to break through the fuselage. You can clearly see in the photo. Poor quality workmanship and then going to send it back to me like that. The Heli was brand new from motion. Never flown. The tail servo was not centered and couldn’t fly.
                          Attached Files

Comment

He must be slacking off. I know my past issue was shipping so, cannot compare with your issues.

Comment

Originally posted by RCFlyer51 View Post
                              Is there any idea about availability of the UH1 or AS350 setups? Last comment with any reference to a time was in Feb 19.

Danny
                              Hi Danny, welcome to Hobby Squawk! It seems each time we're ready, something else comes up in feedback from our customers that we really want to incorporate into the next batch. Unofficially, we're pointed toward the 2020 summer flying season. Officially, we'll make a formal announcement when they're ready, both here on Hobby Squawk and in an eventual episode of our weekly Motion RC Live show that is streamed on YouTube every Friday at noon.
                              Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha View Post

Hi Danny, welcome to Hobby Squawk! It seems each time we're ready, something else comes up in feedback from our customers that we really want to incorporate into the next batch. Unofficially, we're pointed toward the 2020 summer flying season. Officially, we'll make a formal announcement when they're ready, both here on Hobby Squawk and in an eventual episode of our weekly Motion RC Live show that is streamed on YouTube every Friday at noon.
                                Thank you for the welcome. I look forward very much to the announcement. I am just starting to get into scale helicopters and, being retired Army, have a great interest in the UH-1 model.

Regards,

Danny

Comment

Originally posted by RCFlyer51 View Post

Thank you for the welcome. I look forward very much to the announcement. I am just starting to get into scale helicopters and, being retired Army, have a great interest in the UH-1 model.

Regards,

Danny
                                  I’m not sure about Roban. I have never purchased one but the rotor scale MD 500 450 size Heli that I purchased is not very well-built,poor quality. It also states that the helicopters are flown at the factory for stability and agility but that is false. Mine would not fly straight out of the box because of the tail servo was not centered.

Comment

ANY idea if/when Rotorscale parts for the MD500E (450 scale) will be back in stock? Sadly the vertical stabilizer on mine broke (my fault entirely) and I have been trying to find a replacement with no luck. I might have to break down and buy some lexan and a hot knife and try making my own, but for a low cost part like this that seems like I might be spending more money than it is worth. James / Alpha....any word on these parts from Rotorscale?

Comment

Working...
                                    X