Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UH-1N Finally Finished

Hey Guys,
    I finally finished up my Roban 800 UH-1N. I have had a lot of scale helicopters in my 40 years of modeling but have had none that fly any better than this one. The 1/6th scale weapons came from BlackOpsToys. A pretty good fit for this size Huey.

Beautiful work!

Comment

Helipilot, that really looks great, thanks for sharing! What electronics did you use? Servos/motor/esc/flight controller? Is this fully stock with extra decals, or did you add extra details? The rocket pods, for example, are those from BlackOpsToys? I recall the guns are included in the Roban kit but unsure if those pods are, also?
      Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Thanks. Electronics are Spectrum AR7200BX set on soft cyclic and using transmitter expo. High torque servos on cyclic on a 4.8 battery. Align 750MX 530 kv and a Castle 160 esc with cooling fan. Decals are pretty much from the kit except I added my own numbers on the tail and the Marine decal on the nose. The guns and rocket pods are included but the rockets are 1/4 inch wood dowels run through a pencil sharpener and sanded then painted. The guns in the kit are actually very nice but I ran across these and HAD to have them. This thing is heavy but flies great with plenty of power. Nothing gets hot, just warm to the touch and I get a good 6 minute flight on two 6000mah batteries.

Comment

Wow, that looks so nice, you did a great job on that one, any video?

I have been thinking about building another scale heli, had 9 of the 600 size, Hughes 500E and D models, Agusta 109, AS 350, and a Bell 47. So how was that kit to build and all that, any major problems or things like that?? Thanks

Comment

I have built many scale helicopters and this one was without a doubt the easiest to build. Everything fit well and I encountered NO problems. I really liked the added detail and nice paint work right out of the box. Just by adding a little paint and weathering you can make this Huey look very real. The supplied mechanics were completely built and are a work of art. Motion RC did their homework with the recommended motor size and KV. The model flies VERY smooth and has plenty of power.

Comment

Hello all! Huey looks good! I am working on the 700 cobra now... I'm having an issue... I've never built a big belt driven heli before. I'm getting bind in one spot when the motor rotates. The belt looks level... I can't pin point the cause of the bind... any suggestions?

Comment

Working...
              X