X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• seeking an RC Sikorsky SH-3 helicopter

I did a search of this website before opening this new topic, I was amazed no hits came up! want to find a SH-3 rc model, someone here will no doubt have some (or a lot of) info regarding one. I prefer electric power but fuel versions can probably be revised.
    Topcat 3

Hi O Boat, welcome home to Hobby Squawk! What size SH-3 are you looking for? I remember seeing a kit/body for a 200 sized helo. As for a large size (600+), I can't recall seeing one available in common ARF format. We sell Roban, among the largest fiberglass helicopter manufacturers, but even they don't have an SH-3. At least not yet.
    Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Welcome to the forum O Boat! The only SH-3 I know of is a 500 size fiberglass fuselage made by PKM hobbies. If you scroll through their photos on Facebook, there are a few photos of it there: https://www.facebook.com/pg/phuketho...=page_internal. They do them on a 1 off basis, so it takes a few months to get it built up.

Comment

Take a look at these guys. Not sure if it's a one-off but he has built a very nice one

Another link to his Sea King

Comment

I'm going to look into 3D printing as it lends itself to a much less expensive fuselage AND is far easier to ship. By the way, "O Boat" refers to USS ORISKANY CVA 34, last of the Essex Class aircraft carrier; we dropped more munitions on North Vietnam than the entire U.S.Air Force did. From the " Tonkin Gulf Mobile International Airport"...
          Topcat 3

Comment

Originally posted by O Boat View Post
            "O Boat" refers to USS ORISKANY CVA 34, last of the Essex Class aircraft carrier; we dropped more munitions on North Vietnam than the entire U.S.Air Force did. From the " Tonkin Gulf Mobile International Airport"...
            Are we supposed to be impressed?

Comment

Originally posted by Cyclone 7 View Post

Regardless of his/her intentions, that's not the best way to welcome someone new to the forum. If we cannot be respectful maybe it's best to keep your comments to yourself. Just my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyclone 7 View Post

Are you highly impressionable? My VA shrink told me I'm not schizophrenic and neither am I. Would he/she lie to us? Did someone pee in your cornflakes, or did you wake up on the wrong side of nobody? I think you need some more flight time, yer gittin' a bit edgy there, Admiral...
                I sure hope the rest of your day got better, for everyone's sake. I would've thought by now you would have gotten over that whole "babykiller" routine. The military doesn't start wars, politicians do---when the people let them.
                Topcat 3

Comment

Wow, That turned out far better than I expected, I've bee wondering if I'd wind up having to scratch build one, I'm going to check out all those good leads and sources all of you posted. Thanks!
                  Topcat 3

Comment

The running gear for a helo seems a bit pricey, and I could well be having one 'o those "champagne wishes on a beer budget" moments. Another example: wanting an 80mm EDF F14 with all the bells & whistles AND 2 onboard FPV head track cameras... I have a couple of friends that I know would get a kick out of riding RIO backseat and being able to look around like they're really in flight. Jeez, good thing I'm a geek, that's a bit of doing, eh?
                    Topcat 3

Comment

It's certainly not a cheap hobby, especially when you get going in a big scale heli. Love the RIO idea though, as that would be quite a ride.

Comment

Working...
                      X