X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bell 407

Having been so pleased with the Roban scale helicopters I am on my third one. Having flown the 407 as an offshore pilot I had to have one. The ease of assembly and attention to detail with these Roban helicopters let's you get a very nice scale model flying very quickly. The first picture is right out of the box with the tail boom and landing gear taped on. Of course I added paint and detailing to suit my personal preference. Took about four days to get the detailing finished to suit my personal preference. Next step is to fly the mechanics.

Hi Helipilot, how are you detailing your Roban B407? Is it paint only? Are you using 3D printed parts, or making them from scratch with styrene or balsa? I'm curious what you've added beyond what's included in the kit.

Are there are tips you'd have for other builders of this model? We've sold quite a bunch but it seems most of the owners aren't forum users. I'd appreciate any insight you could share.

Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Detailing the 407 was quite easyl. Everything you see on this one came in the kit with the exception of the pilot. I only added paint to highlight the existing detail. I used small pieces of tape and monokote to simulate seat belts and exterior latches. Using your imagination is a lot of the enjoyment of building scale.

Comment

Working...
      X