You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Helicopters do you want to see next?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Helicopters do you want to see next?

As we have multiple of these “Wishlist” threads for fixed wing, I figured I’d pose the same question for Scale Helicopters. What types and sizes do you want to see produced?

Here is my list to start:

500-600 size UH-1D Huey “Slick”
    600-700 size Sikorsky SH-3 Sea King
    700-800 size MH-53 Pave Low
    500-600 size MH-47 Chinook
    600-700 size Bell 47
    500 size Sikorsky HO3S-1 (R-5)
    700-800 size Bell 525
    500-600 size H-21 Shawnee

Vario has a good selection but I don't like all the work you have to do to them, I like ARF versions like the Roban helis, quality isn't all that great but they fly, so for me, I want a 600-800 size electric Bell 47 and thats about it, I have the Century Bell 47 but its still on nitro and it was my buddies who passed away and his wife wanted me to have it, really don't want to convert it and fly it because parts are hard to find, if you can find any at all, so I want to keep it for display only.

600-800 size Bell 47

Comment

Completely agree DCorsair! I have the Century Bell 47 as well, although mine is the electric conversion, and the lack of any parts is a huge concern. The Century version also has a variety of scale issues. The Vario 800 version looks great, I just can’t justify the cost. I don’t mind the work, but it is over $2500 for the airframe + mechanics. And that still doesn’t include the rotor head, blades, or cockpit interior! A Roban version would be great to see made.

Comment

Well, I didn't get my Bell 47, but I did pick up a Roban 800 AH-6 Little Bird, it was listed for sale about 4 days ago and was only 20 minutes from my house, it is huge, great shape to, has all the top of the line electronics in it, it has a hole in the windshield but for the price I got it for ( $1,000) I just couldn't pass it up.
        Attached Files

Comment

That’s awesome!! Was drooling over that when it was listed on RCG. What a great deal! Will be really cool to see in the air!

Comment

Originally posted by F106DeltaDart View Post
            As we have multiple of these “Wishlist” threads for fixed wing, I figured I’d pose the same question for Scale Helicopters. What types and sizes do you want to see produced?

600-700 size Bell 47
            700-800 size Bell 525

That's a good start
            TiredIron Aviation
            Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

It would be nice if they would get the Rotoscale 450s available for purchase along with full parts support. Been waiting since they announced them many moons ago, but still nothing.

Comment

Me too, lol. Ended up getting a 450 g-jive from Germany, closest place that had a g-jive 450.

Comment

Originally posted by MichiganJarrad View Post
                  Me too, lol. Ended up getting a 450 g-jive from Germany, closest place that had a g-jive 450.
                  I think that they have given up on the idea without having had the courtesy to advise anyone. My guess is that they will only be selling the Roban fuselages from hereon ........ even that seems a bit hit and miss though, depending on what you are looking for.

Comment

I knew this might be a problem as far as Roban goes, don't think it's MRC fault because when I was doing scale several yrs ago I built several Roban fuselages and parts were always out of stock when RCAerodyne was the supplier, looks like getting parts for these scale fuselages and mechanics are in short supply, I don't even want to fly my 800 size Hughes 500 yet, because if I break certain parts then its grounded until who knows when, I'm in no hurry to fly it but I would feel better knowing the parts support is there in stock.

Comment

Yes, I noticed that with RCAerodyne too - they rarely had anything in stock. Certainly not in the way of 450 size, at least. A guaranteed way to annoy and lose customers is to advertise merchandise that you are unable to supply - irrespective of who's fault it is. A fundamental marketing precept that MRC does not seem to grasp, by the look of it.

Comment

Originally posted by F106DeltaDart View Post

600-700 size Bell 47
                        700-800 size Bell 525

Presently I have no faith in this company.

The whole thing, business model, after sales service and supply.....Total garbage!

My new to me heli came with broken landing gear, broke in transit from the previous owner. Wouldn't be a big deal but they are perpetually out of stock.

So now what?

This is a sad excuse for any type of venture.

Comment

Originally posted by RaisedByWolves View Post

Presently I have no faith in this company.

The whole thing, business model, after sales service and supply.....Total garbage!

My new to me heli came with broken landing gear, broke in transit from the previous owner. Wouldn't be a big deal but they are perpetually out of stock.

So now what?

This is a sad excuse for any type of venture.
                          Welcome to HobbySquawk. Please feel free to exercise your right to buy from whoever you feel has a better business model.

Comment

I like MRC. They have always treated me fairly whenever I had an issue, which fortunately, has not been often. It would be nice however, if the powers that be, would throw us an occasional bone to let us know if this project is ever going to happen, or if it's been dumped. I'm a fixed wing pilot with some stick time on helicopters, that was really looking forward to trying scale. I'm trying to build my own at present with a fuselage I ordered from MRC. But it would have been nice to have bought one already assembled. This has forced me to learn the mechanics and setups of helicopters....which isn't a bad thing I suppose.

Comment

Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post

Welcome to HobbySquawk. Please feel free to exercise your right to buy from whoever you feel has a better business model.
                              I am afraid that RBW is spot on in his appraisal of MRC's behaviour over the whole Rotorscale 450 debacle. Go to 11m38s of this video to remind yourself of what was originally promised - very little of which has actually been fulfilled: https://youtu.be/qEGRQYDkEqQ

Comment

Originally posted by Cyclone 7 View Post

I am afraid that RBW is spot on in his appraisal of MRC's behaviour over the whole Rotorscale 450 debacle. Go to 11m38s of this video to remind yourself of what was originally promised - very little of which has actually been fulfilled: https://youtu.be/qEGRQYDkEqQ
                                But I wonder if it's actually MRCs fault. They might have negotioated with Company "A" for the helos and then something happened, and they had to go to Company "B", but made the mistake of setting price points and features before they had the product in-hand. They started out with $X as the per unit cost with company "A", but Company "B" said that they couldn't sell for that price with all the advertised features. And it appears that it's caused quite a stir, because all we've been getting on the fixed-wing side is Blackhorse Balsa and upgrades/new paint jobs on existing aircraft and being classified as "new".

Comment

Originally posted by Valkpilot View Post

But I wonder if it's actually MRCs fault. They might have negotioated with Company "A" for the helos and then something happened, and they had to go to Company "B", but made the mistake of setting price points and features before they had the product in-hand. They started out with $X as the per unit cost with company "A", but Company "B" said that they couldn't sell for that price with all the advertised features. And it appears that it's caused quite a stir, because all we've been getting on the fixed-wing side is Blackhorse Balsa and upgrades/new paint jobs on existing aircraft and being classified as "new".
                                  It doesn't matter who's fault it is as the buck stops at MRC's front door. Their silence on the matter is palpably deafening and yet they continue to advertise the Rotorscale 450 line - albeit mostly listed as being 'Out of Stock'.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyclone 7 View Post

It doesn't matter who's fault it is as the buck stops at MRC's front door. Their silence on the matter is palpably deafening and yet they continue to advertise the Rotorscale 450 line - albeit mostly listed as being 'Out of Stock'.
                                    But they aren't the only ones having this problem. I've been waiting for an OEM propeller for my Tower Millennium Master since June.

Comment

But they aren't the only ones having this problem. I've been waiting for an OEM propeller for my Tower Millennium Master since June.
                                      Howdy! I use an APC 9 x 9 on the MM and it makes it a different plane. Fast but hard to slow down with less prop drag!

Comment

Yes, I hear what you are saying - all I am saying is that the Rotorscale 450 project set off on the wrong foot and was not really viable in the format envisaged, from the start. They should just admit that and stop stringing the customer along.

Comment

Working...
                                        X