You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Helicopters do you want to see next?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They have 2 of the 450s in stock, but without part support, what's the point in buying one ? One mishap, and your done.

Comment

That has now changed to 'only 1 left' of the A-109, with every other model now listed as being either 'out of stock' or still 'new - coming soon' - and not much in the way of 'essential' spare parts.

Comment

Originally posted by RaisedByWolves

Always good to hear from a fanboi, but if you would have paid attention you would realize I already have their product but cannot get support in any way shape or form.

Taking this into account, what is your advise now?

Should I be happy having to make landing gear out of Popsicle sticks?
        Fanboi and a Moderator. Please allow me to start by saying that I have absolutely no tolerance for your snide comments whether directed at MRC, myself or any other member on this forum. They are not welcome here period! I am very sorry that your landing gear was broken in transit from the third party you acquired it from. Since you gave no information as to which heli it was or what specifically was broken there is no way to help you here. Perhaps you should inquire with MRC concerning availability of the parts you need instead of coming on here and bashing them off topic. Perhaps you already have but did not mention that. With all the third party sources out there for heli parts have you looked for something that would work or can you fix what you have? They may have a container in transit right now with what you need on it that you don't even know about. Point is you do like the rest of any of us would and that is source an alternate, fab something or wait. No you shouldn't be happy having to make landing gear out of Popsicle sticks but then no one it telling you to do that. I bet that with a little ingenuity you could make them out of something a little more robust though.

Comment

Who have you contacted at MRC? Do you have a ticket number? What phone number did you call to check on parts or future availability? I will be glad to help if I can...

Comment

And please forgive me for being rude.... WELCOME to Hobby Squawk!!!

Comment

Here is a novel suggestion - perhaps MRC should be asked to clarify the situation, here on this forum, once and for all?

Comment

Well, perhaps they will. Their intent, and stock-supply situation would be helpful...

RBW, were you able to locate those contact points and phone numbers? How about your open ticket number?

Comment

Originally posted by Hardway View Post
                  Well, perhaps they will. Their intent, and stock-supply situation would be helpful...
                  It would be the right thing to do, I think. Avoidance and obfuscation is never good business practice.

Comment

The RotorScale lineup is being improved/reworked and updated models will be shipping to our US and Europe warehouses before end of year. We are also hoping to release a few new models in Q1-Q2 2020. as well as some scale accessories like spotlights, winches, baskets, etc. Improvements in the RotorScale platform include a pre-installed flight controller (known premium brand), upgraded mechanics, stronger landing gear, and step by step English manual including FC programming guide. We fully recognize that our initial batch of RotorScale helicopters was not executed to the typical Motion RC standards of excellence, which is why V2 is taking a bit longer than expected; we want to make sure we deliver the best possible product at a competitive price point. Thank you for your valued input and patience.

Comment

"We fully recognize that our initial batch of RotorScale helicopters was not executed to the typical Motion RC standards of excellence, which is why V2 is taking a bit longer than expected; we want to make sure we deliver the best possible product at a competitive price point."

I assume that means that those who have purchased the product to date, or components related thereto, can expect a full replacement or refund?

Please do not interpret my hitherto criticism as being 'troll like' or mal intentioned in any way. I would love the RotorScale 450 concept to really take off as I think that the original idea was excellent but merely, poorly executed. Most sincere commentators, no matter how harsh their words might seem at times, want only the best for the hobby and their own interest in it - and yours too for that matter!

Please do not let the hobby down again and always, always be honest with your customers. We are all keen to keep the hobby alive and hopefully trying our best to promote it, each in our own small way.

Comment

This is certainly great news ! Hopefully it will be a successful redo of an excellent concept. I'm excited now ! Now, If I could just convince them to post the 3dp file's for the ah6, all would be right with the world !

Comment

Originally posted by Marco Polo View Post
                          The RotorScale lineup is being improved/reworked and updated models will be shipping to our US and Europe warehouses before end of year. We are also hoping to release a few new models in Q1-Q2 2020. as well as some scale accessories like spotlights, winches, baskets, etc. Improvements in the RotorScale platform include a pre-installed flight controller (known premium brand), upgraded mechanics, stronger landing gear, and step by step English manual including FC programming guide. We fully recognize that our initial batch of RotorScale helicopters was not executed to the typical Motion RC standards of excellence, which is why V2 is taking a bit longer than expected; we want to make sure we deliver the best possible product at a competitive price point. Thank you for your valued input and patience.
                          Thank you Mark!

Comment

Originally posted by Cyclone 7 View Post
                            [I]
                            I assume that means that those who have purchased the product to date, or components related thereto, can expect a full replacement or refund?
                            "Not executed to typical Motion RC standards of excellence" means that there were several elements of the platform that we felt needed improvement. One of them being the inclusion of a proper helicopter Flight Controller which is installed at the factory. My statement does NOT infer that the units were defective or unflyable or would be replaced. The main criticism of RotorScale has primarily been that they are difficult to set up for the novice helicopter pilot, one of our target audiences. As mentioned above, we are trying our best to make the next release easier to setup, fly and service. I personally own the UH-1 and AS350 and love the flexibility of flying scale in a smaller package.

As with any purchase from Motion RC, if you have an issue, either out of the box or after a period of time, you need to contact customer service and they will do their very best to solve your problem or provide warranty support.

Comment

Fair enough Marco - I give you the benefit of the doubt and I for one, am looking forward to hearing more about the new developments. Please keep us informed as I think that it was the lack of information or any real comment that has resulted in something of a negativity toward the product. I have been involved in developing new products in another sector and know only too well the challenges and issues that can unexpectedly trip one up. Honest, on going communication with the customer base works a treat in my experience and more often than not, actually promotes loyalty to a brand.

Comment

I hope this thread hasn’t died out and the moderators of motion see this. I would love to see more of the 450 size, they are great because they are not too big for some of us that can’t get into large wide open spaces, they are also cheaper to repair for any mishaps. It would be nice to see more of a selection of the 450s, Roban has many of the 450 size to offer, even the 250 size would be nice to see. I would also love to see the 470 super scale kits that Roban has to offer for purchase through motion as well! Not many people know of everything Roban has to offer, I have a feeling the super scale kits of the smaller size would go quite well because of the size and lower price tag.

Comment

I am a Roban customer and so far am happy with their products and customer service. I don't want to speak out of turn but in my frustration over so many items being out of stock I did some inquiring and was told that it.is not Motion's fault as the container will not leave China until it's full. What I can say is that when I ordered an item that was listed in stock, it arrived fast and well packaged, both things I really appreciated.

Now to the subject of what scalers I would like to see;
                                  I think Roban could do a nice Chinook which we normal guys could afford and IMO would be a great seller. Vario makes an awesome Chinook but it's expensive.
                                  Another nice scaler would be a S-76. A beautiful popular helicopter which is not sold by anyone I can think of at the moment.
                                  Lastly, A Russian military helicopter like the Hind D would be a great choice. I personally like the MIL 6 but its an ugly-beautiful heli that can be done in civilian colors also as most Russian military helicopters are in real life.
                                  Thanks for letting me drop my two cents
                                  Roy Mayoral

Comment

I just picked up a nice Roban 600 size Bell 212, looking for a set of Trex 600 ESP mechanics now if anyone has any available out there, please let me know and this thing is huge for a 600 size and complete with some nice looking parts, hope to see Roban produce more scale helis like this and hope to get my hands on the 800 size Huey UH-1N soon.
                                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by DCORSAIR View Post
                                      I just picked up a nice Roban 600 size Bell 212, looking for a set of Trex 600 ESP mechanics now if anyone has any available out there, please let me know and this thing is huge for a 600 size and complete with some nice looking parts, hope to see Roban produce more scale helis like this and hope to get my hands on the 800 size Huey UH-1N soon.
                                      Awesome! I’ve been working through my build of the same model. I ordered the ARF bundle and it included the Chaos 600 mechanics: https://www.scaleflying.com/Chaos-60...e-_p_4740.html. It is a clone of the Trex and has worked so far. Still troubleshooting some vibration issues though: https://www.hobbysquawk.com/forum/rc...nd-impressions

Comment

I've mentioned a Hind to the owner of Roban several times, personally I'd love one, although I know he's not keen on it. A Chinook is up there on my personal To Do list, as well.

For the time being though, we're just focusing on keeping up with the demand for what Roban already produces. There are some new things in the works, whose development and eventual release will correlate with the continued pace at which our partnership is expanding.

Heli143 Welcome to Hobby Squawk! 'Nice to see another helo driver on the forum!
                                        Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha View Post
                                          I've mentioned a Hind to the owner of Roban several times, personally I'd love one, although I know he's not keen on it. A Chinook is up there on my personal To Do list, as well.

For the time being though, we're just focusing on keeping up with the demand for what Roban already produces. There are some new things in the works, whose development and eventual release will correlate with the continued pace at which our partnership is expanding.

Heli143 Welcome to Hobby Squawk! 'Nice to see another helo driver on the forum!
                                          Hi Alpha,

Question for you, I bought the Roban Bell 212 600 size fuselage and it comes with no mechanics, but I see Roban offering ARF bundles on some of the other 600 size fuselages with mechanics included, I would like to buy a set of those mechanics for my Bell 212 but there is no mention of a part number or any info how to get the mechanics seperate, can you find that out?? And get Roban to come up with some better instructions, mine are in Chinese and very hard to see and make heads or tails out of them, good thing I know how to build.
                                          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                          X