Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alpha View Post
    F106DeltaDart

Would you recommend a mix to pitch, perhaps on a loose curve (to approximate correlating airspeed), or maybe just on a gyro? I'm unaware of a mixer to coordinate all three.
    Alpha, on my 500 Apache, I just opted to put it on a slider. I treat it almost as if it's a retract switch. If I'm hovering, it's down and in fwd flight I put it up. I thought about mixes, and honestly the interaction is just a bit too complex to program at this scale with a lot of work.

A collective is a good starting point, but it really needs airspeed as well. Otherwise, you might have the H stab come down at high speed or in a fwd flight climb where the same collective (or more) than hover is required. And although airspeed systems are available for RC, calibration of a helicopter airspeed system is a MAJOR headache. Even on the full scale, it's very easy to end up with bad data.

Comment

I added a separate Rx to provide for more AUX functionality and mixed the stab to the throttle/collective stick. At bottom stick it is down while at hover and above it is flat to avoid the pitch of the stab fighting the FBL in high speed forward flight. I don't know of a way to automate it to know the difference between forward flight and hover. The Vario I saw fly at the Southern Classic leveled the stab at lift off. If there is a way to do what is being discussed I would love to know. A separate gyro for the stab may not be enough. Maybe some kind of accelerometer or GPS device like drones use?

Comment

Short of having an onboard GPS with enough resolution and high enough refresh rate, it doesn't sound like it would be feasible to have it function safely in all stages of flight. I like the idea of simple "retract" setup, where the stab is in "Hover" mode and "Flight" mode. It would be much easier to trim it for forward flight and set that as the latter mode, then trim it for hover and set that location as hover mode. All you'd need to do is time the transition...
        Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Sounds good to me. I will change it

Comment

Anyone have a helical main gear and pinion for the 700 they would be willing to sell? The two main sources I know of are out of stock at the moment.

Comment

Scaleflying.de got in more helical main gears so a I have one on the way. Working on the latest mod to add the up turned engine exhausts. They were designed by Michael Brown and printed in ABS. They fit perfectly!!! One side down, one to go.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20191224_191529-1944x1458.jpg
Views:	771
Size:	122.4 KB
ID:	224617

Name:	IMG_20191224_191538-1944x1458.jpg
Views:	702
Size:	95.7 KB
ID:	224618

Name:	IMG_20191224_191722-1944x1458.jpg
Views:	730
Size:	139.2 KB
ID:	224619

Name:	IMG_20191224_191552-1944x1458.jpg
Views:	809
Size:	152.5 KB
ID:	224620

Comment

Merry Christmas bro

Comment

Just loving the details!!! Very cool!

Comment

Merry Christmas to you too!

Comment

Right side is done.

Name:	IMG_20191225_204905-1944x1458.jpg
Views:	713
Size:	128.7 KB
ID:	224754

Name:	IMG_20191225_204101-1944x1458.jpg
Views:	739
Size:	141.2 KB
ID:	224755

Name:	IMG_20191225_203432-1944x1458.jpg
Views:	716
Size:	142.1 KB
ID:	224756

Name:	IMG_20191225_203132-1944x1458.jpg
Views:	732
Size:	90.6 KB
ID:	224757

Comment

That changes the bird's entire look, I really like it and it blends well!
                        Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Michael did a great job with the CAD work. He is working on his own Apache and scanned the fuse in to accomplish this. They turned out great! His son works on the E models and has been able to provide lots of good pictures. I am his guinea pig and have provided some feedback on a couple small items. I am not aware of another RC Apache out there with these exhausts but this is what they are all going to if not already. Once I get the other side done I will be able to start working on the 3 color NATO camo paint scheme. I need to decide if I am going to articulate the gun and MTADS, add bearings to all the wheels and make the tail wheel pivot. I have an idea of how to lock it in flight and it would be neat to be able to taxi it around. Still thinking on those mods.

Comment

Almost done.

Name:	IMG_20191227_002459-1944x1458.jpg
Views:	734
Size:	163.5 KB
ID:	224919

Name:	IMG_20191226_235559-1944x1458.jpg
Views:	681
Size:	157.0 KB
ID:	224920

Comment

Hi. That looks great. Will he be selling these exhaust mods? Would love that. Also, that sight you mentioned for the helical gears is in German? How do you know what to order? I cant even figure out what to click on for gears :)

Comment

Originally posted by Aces View Post
                                Hi. That looks great. Will he be selling these exhaust mods? Would love that. Also, that sight you mentioned for the helical gears is in German? How do you know what to order? I cant even figure out what to click on for gears :)
                                At the moment I don't think he has plans to sell the exhausts. Scaleflying.de has a button you can click on to change it to English. You may have to be on a computer to see it. Search on HSM-800SU

Comment

All done....

Name:	IMG_20191227_182227-1944x1458.jpg
Views:	727
Size:	162.6 KB
ID:	224996

Name:	IMG_20191227_181945-1944x1458.jpg
Views:	687
Size:	134.9 KB
ID:	224997

Name:	IMG_20191227_170019-1944x1458.jpg
Views:	703
Size:	123.1 KB
ID:	224998

Name:	IMG_20191227_182022-1944x1458.jpg
Views:	717
Size:	140.9 KB
ID:	224999

Comment

Sweeeet, can't wait to see more video of it, looks awesome sir.....

Comment

Great looking build, RCJD. Love all the detail and 3DP parts, too. Keep the pics coming, please. Best, LB
                                      I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                                      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                                      ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

I should order one of the main helical gears but would like to hear whether or not it makes a big difference in sound.

Comment

Originally posted by Aces View Post
                                          I should order one of the main helical gears but would like to hear whether or not it makes a big difference in sound.
                                          I hope to find out soon.

Comment

Working...
                                          X