You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Roban mechanics ball links have too much slop? Where did you find replacements?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roban mechanics ball links have too much slop? Where did you find replacements?

I'm working on my HH-60 Jayhawk mechanics and there is slop in the links. By the time the movement gets from the swashplate through the bellcrank to the servo arm, it is quite significant. The slop is axial, not radial. Has anyone found a suitable replacement, (servo links aka ball links)?

Howars01 I'll report this to the Roban factory tomorrow afternoon. We have them working through a few feedback items that other customers have sent us.

Would you be able to post a photo of the offending link? Or is it all of them, on both ends?
    Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Hi Alpha,

It's all of links except the #2 linkage rod. I did order a bag of links(RBN-60-026) and uniball set(RBN-60-036) to see if maybe I have a bad batch. All 20 of the ball links were "sloppy" and all of the uniballs mic'd out to 5mm. I can post a link to a short video this afternoon.

Thank you

Comment

On the Roban Facebook group, a lot of guys have been using SAB ball links for a tighter fit: https://www.amainhobbies.com/sab-gob...0066-s/p240260

Comment

One of the servo rod linkage (elevator) in the middle needs to be elevated using a longer type of steel ball with 3mm thread. This has to be noted because if we dont use those there will be binding with the aileron rod links and that spells trouble.Our plastic Linkages are fine and had no issues with them.

Comment

The one on the top most steel balls should be used to extend the middle servo arms higher to prevent binding with the airleron rod wire.

Comment

Thanks F106DeltaDart. Those links are much much better. As far as the elevator linkage, one .10 shim under the uniball gave enough clearance all around with only losing a half thread maybe a whole threaded turn at the most.

Comment

Thank you for the info on the SAB ball links. I will order a few packs soon.
                The Rocket city ball links were the best I ever used but I understand they are no longer available so these SAB links look like a great replacement.
                Roy Mayoral

Comment

Working...
                X