X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scale UH-1b 500 Size

I started this UH-1b in the fall. I should be done with it 1st part of may.

Some scale work done on the body

Comment

Comment

Nice, I need to get back to my scale helis one of these days. Planks and EDF's have been occupying a lot of my time over the last few years.

Mike
        \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

That's some really nice work. Love the scale details, and the paint work is excellent. Nice!

Comment

Awesome work! I look forward to seeing work it turns out.

Comment

Glad you guys like it, it can be a lot of work but at the end of the day when you see it flying??? Yeah!!

A few pictures of the cockpit work, which is almost done.

John

Comment

Love it John!!
                Lon

EFlite F-16 80mm, EFite DRACO, EFlite Night Radian, E-Flite P51 1.5m
                Freewing A-10 80mm, F-86 80mm, F-15 90mm, Avanti. FMS DHC-2 Beaver, Fliteline P-38L ,HSD HME-262, HSD F86.

Comment

Looks great! Can't wait to see it come together.

Comment

Well cut some more out on the cockpit floor, the fit is not as good as I wanted so I need to recut after I mark where it needs cutting. The dash stands to high right now. The mechanics should be done with placement sometime today on the mockup I've finding the raise tail somewhat off center, easy fix but I still don't see how it could be off center. Something on Roban's end needs adjustment.

John

Comment

Plugging along, I had to re-bend the skids as there is a large warp in the bottom of the fuselage to match the warp. Now the airframe sits level and it was easiest way around this. More weathering done, top glass dyed green and finished. Cockpit is almost finished, just need to make room for the chin bulkheads. Everything is coming together now. On the down side.

John

Comment

Maybe a week out for finish on this UH-1. I'll post pictures when I can, cross my fingers to grab some video of the test flight.

John

Comment

Originally posted by JFandL View Post
                          Maybe a week out for finish on this UH-1. I'll post pictures when I can, cross my fingers to grab some video of the test flight.

John
                          Looking forward to seeing it flying!!

Comment

I love love love scale helis!!!
                            Lauren

Comment

Originally posted by Flygirl View Post
                              I love love love scale helis!!!
                              Me too!!!!

Well some real small bits to finish, test flight should be this weekend. Took 18 months of on and off time to finish it!!

John

The UH-1B is Painted in the 116th Yellow Jackets unit colors.

Comment

Nice work! Certainly looks the part, the weathering and rivet detail really makes it look great. I'm hoping to get back to working on my 450 UH-1C soon as well. Good luck on the first flight and be sure to post a video!

Comment

Nice, John! That looks brilliant!

Comment

Wow, that looks great!

Comment

That is one awesome looking chopper, great work!
                                      TiredIron Aviation
                                      Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

Originally posted by F106DeltaDart View Post
                                        Nice work! Certainly looks the part, the weathering and rivet detail really makes it look great. I'm hoping to get back to working on my 450 UH-1C soon as well. Good luck on the first flight and be sure to post a video!
                                        Thanks guys, Gal?

Seems like something always get in the way of us finishing what we start. I have another 500 sized UH-1b. Around half finished. Will be painted in the 205th unit colors.
                                        Looking forward to your UH-1c build being finished. I've always loved that units paint.

John

Comment

Working...
                                        X