X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Porkster View Post
    I'd love to put a scale body on my Blade 550x. I've sold my other hell's but just couldn't part with the 550 as it flies so well. I don't fly it much these days but one day i'll find something nice to dress it in. Any pointers always appreciated.
    Is there a 600 size boom that will fit the 550X? If so, it will easily fly any 600 sized fuselage as well and give you more room to adapt the mechanics into.

Comment

Hey afjetmech, there is indeed a 600 sized boom and all the parts are an easy mod from a 600x so I could convert it to a 600, if I went the whole 600 route that would be ok but I just didn't want to spoil the already great flight characteristics of the 550.
      I could just look for a good second hand scale helicopter. I just missed out on a 600 sized Apache which looked great.

Comment

Originally posted by Porkster View Post
        Hey afjetmech, there is indeed a 600 sized boom and all the parts are an easy mod from a 600x so I could convert it to a 600, if I went the whole 600 route that would be ok but I just didn't want to spoil the already great flight characteristics of the 550.
        I could just look for a good second hand scale helicopter. I just missed out on a 600 sized Apache which looked great.
        The flight characteristics of the 550 won't change by making it a 600, but it certainly won't be pod & boom flying once you put it in a fuselage anyway. It's just an easy way to go to a 600 sized scale fuse and still use your mechanics.

Comment

The new Roban Super Scale 800 size UH-1D is so bad I sent Roban a few Emails on it and I told them if they want my money for that thing it needs a overhaul. I sent them pictures of the real UH-1D . I'm waiting for their reply and most times they do.

John

Comment

Originally posted by JFandL View Post
            The new Roban Super Scale 800 size UH-1D is so bad I sent Roban a few Emails on it and I told them if they want my money for that thing it needs a overhaul. I sent them pictures of the real UH-1D . I'm waiting for their reply and most times they do.

John
            Might want to include their OH-6 in the next email if they reply... It's hard to believe that these are from the same company that delivered awesome looking Cobras, Bell 407s, Apaches, and AS-350s..

Comment

I have their 700 Size UH60, the rotor heads were so bad I sent them the video of it running after RCAerodyne didn't seem to know what they were going to do about it. a they replied and said they were very sorry, as I had the 1st shipment to the states they didn't know there was a problem( ect ect) . 6 days later I got in the mail from China( Roban) a new tail and main rotor head made of all medal.

I'll pass on your kind words about the OH-6 which I think is also bad.

John

Comment

Originally posted by JFandL View Post
                I have their 700 Size UH60, the rotor heads were so bad I sent them the video of it running after RCAerodyne didn't seem to know what they were going to do about it. a they replied and said they were very sorry, as I had the 1st shipment to the states they didn't know there was a problem( ect ect) . 6 days later I got in the mail from China( Roban) a new tail and main rotor head made of all medal.

I'll pass on your kind words about the OH-6 which I think is also bad.

John
                That's great service! Hopefully they follow up with some big changes. I'll definitely be keep an eye on those models in the future. So far, 500s are the biggest I've owned, but a giant Huey would be pretty awesome!

Comment

Also, thought I would share a few photos of my 500 size AH-6 Little Bird here from flying on Friday. I already posted them over in another thread, but I thought they turned out good enough to share again here..

Comment

I love the OH-6's same as AH they fly so well!, nice pictures. looks like someone was having fun. Temps around here Friday were 34 ish but its now going to be in the low 60's this week coming. Can't wait to get out and fly.

John

Comment

Working...
                    X