X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poldhu Cove Cornwall with DJI Spark. 4th in series

Just getting a series of videos showcasing Cornwall off the ground. Got a lot to learn still though. https://youtu.be/LFfFl3cfnKI

I take it the in the UK, flying UAVs over public areas is allowed. In N. America regulations (FAA in USA and DOT in Canada) would get you some court time if the pilot didn't have a permit or licence. The first case locally resulted in a $500.00 fine and the crown isn't done yet. They've appealed because they think the punishment wasn't enough. I wish we had the ability to capture videos of our beautiful landscapes. On a side note, the sale of drones have taken a marked hit.

Comment

I was hoping to see aerial footage from Canada. Are the drone laws really tight for you currently. Do you have any way of working to get the laws relaxed?

Comment

Originally posted by simpcorn View Post
        I was hoping to see aerial footage from Canada. Are the drone laws really tight for you currently. Do you have any way of working to get the laws relaxed?
        Not likely for "drone"laws to get less strict. Its very likely for them to get more strict, since there are more and more idiots flying drones in close proximity to full scale aircraft, especially in the landing path of airliners.

Since this stupidity is happening in many countries and at international airports, I would not be surprised if it becomes an issue at the UN resulting in an international drone registration treaty.

People doing stupid stuff without thinking about the consequences generally results in laws that the average person does not like.
        FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

Like fhhuber just said, laws are getting more strict due to a few numbnuts flying where they shouldn't be. Now all UAVs (Unmanned Aerial Vehicles) are under scrutiny and heavy restrictions applied. There have been cases of people who post up YouTube videos taken with cameras mounted on planes and quads, etc, clearly showing the model being flown over people, buildings, cars and roadways. The FAA and DOT can figure out where those were taken and based on information posted in the comments section, can chase down who the perpetrators were. Just recently, someone was charged while flying a drone in the national park in our Rocky Mountains. You don't get more beautiful scenery than that but unless you have a permit or a commercial licence, this sort of activity is no longer allowed. Having a camera onboard a model aircraft is considered "surveillance" and falls under another set of regulations. A dad can't even take a video from a drone of his daughter playing soccer without the law putting an end to it. Aside from racing quads, drone sales have taken a significant decline.

Comment

Working...
          X