Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, thanks Alex. Those are really helpful insights on how to effectively practice chase shots. :Cool:

My son is currently flying a Armattan Chameleon TI 5” quad using 3s and 4s batteries. He uses FS HDO goggles with lRC Rapidfire, a TBS Unify Pro VTX, along with a Foxeer Predator cam on board. Chase video was filmed with old Mobius cam at 1080P 30fps.

We need to get better camera for filming. He has been asking for GP Hero Session 5. I was thinking to make it easier on him and get a 360 camera such as the Insta 360 OneX...
    YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/motionsic
    Currently Flying: Sebart PC-21, Taft Cobra, 3DHS Osiris 60, CZ Splendor, FMS PC-21(FPV), FMS BF-109 1400mm, DJI Mavic Pro (FPV plane chase), FMS Fox Glider 2.32m, Flyzone Seawind
    RC Home Base: Bob Swenson Memorial Field - Orange County Modeler's Assoc. Float Plane Base: Huckleberry Pond - Anaheim Model Airplane Club

Comment

Originally posted by Turbinefancy View Post
      Wow, thanks Alex. Those are really helpful insights on how to effectively practice chase shots. :Cool:

My son is currently flying a Armattan Chameleon TI 5” quad using 3s and 4s batteries. He uses FS HDO goggles with Immersion RC Crossfire VRX with Foxeer cam on board. Chase video was filmed with old Mobius cam at 1080P 30fps.

We need to get better camera for filming. He has been asking for GP Hero Session 5. I was thinking to make it easier on him and get a 360 camera such as the Insta 360 OneX...
      Hey we are flying the same frame! I've seen some 360 cam videos from fpv drones and it is cool but more of a niche shot inside of an already niche activity. They are expensive but I love the GoPro Hero 7 Black for it's insanely good 4k 60fps and 1080p 240fps. I also know DJI just came out with their own action cam but I have not used it. Nothing worse than crashing and breaking your expensive camera, your quad, and the plane so I would get as comfortable as possible before spending a bunch on a camera. I run mainly 4s 1300 packs but my flight times are awful coming in at 1:30-2:00 minutes with really low % left as well, but the components on my quad leave a lot to be desired. How are his flight times?

Comment

Originally posted by Alex.MotionRC View Post

Hey we are flying the same frame! I've seen some 360 cam videos from fpv drones and it is cool but more of a niche shot inside of an already niche activity. They are expensive but I love the GoPro Hero 7 Black for it's insanely good 4k 60fps and 1080p 240fps. I also know DJI just came out with their own action cam but I have not used it. Nothing worse than crashing and breaking your expensive camera, your quad, and the plane so I would get as comfortable as possible before spending a bunch on a camera. I run mainly 4s 1300 packs but my flight times are awful coming in at 1:30-2:00 minutes with really low % left as well, but the components on my quad leave a lot to be desired. How are his flight times?
        Nice! He will be happy to hear that his flying the same frame as a pro! Components in his Chameleon TI is stock. He runs 3s 2200 and 4s 1600 packs but does not chase EDF jets, and I fly really slow for him to chase. So his flight times are decent at 4 ~ 6 minutes. If he were orbiting and moving dynamically like you do, I am sure the run times would be much less.
        Currently Flying: Sebart PC-21, Taft Cobra, 3DHS Osiris 60, CZ Splendor, FMS PC-21(FPV), FMS BF-109 1400mm, DJI Mavic Pro (FPV plane chase), FMS Fox Glider 2.32m, Flyzone Seawind
        RC Home Base: Bob Swenson Memorial Field - Orange County Modeler's Assoc. Float Plane Base: Huckleberry Pond - Anaheim Model Airplane Club

Comment

Recently put together some of the highlights from recent releases and old favorites. The fixed wing pilots are Patrick for the F/A-18 flight and James for the other three.

Comment

Amazing chases Alex! I love the dynamic orbiting to show off the “JETS”. Especially the hard to see and fast F-35, that is a lot harder then you made it look:Cool:!

Comment

Working...
            X