X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XK X520

IMO Best VTOL on the market. Take off, hover and forward flight are easy and predictable. Vertical landing from forward flight takes practice.

ISSUES where can I purchase batteries that fit the aircraft? Current 850-950mah batteries are too wide.

Since you have success with the X520. Perhaps you will know or understand the instructions. How set neutral on elevons? I assume in 3D mode. How calibrate IMU? How turn on the WiFi? Maybe without binding to TX? With plane on ground, on wheel, the elevons should be indicating slight down but level positions? They are way off. When starting motors with out and up stick positions, only one motor spins up? Normal? One-key take off and landing, for vertical operation only? That's my guess.Calibrate aircraft level? Ok, lift the tail fins to level plane on its wheel. Select V or 6G or 3G mode? I guess 6G. Airplane's four corners light??? How long does this calibration take? Motion RC should read the instructions for each language and supply their own additional sheet with correct information and then test that information in use.

Comment

I am addicted to the xk520. Love to fly it in vertical, horizontal and aerobatic. I crash a lot in aerobatic but glue it back together. Until it’s too far gone, or literally gone, like lost in a strong wind or just too far too see. I’m on #6. Got the first two from Amazon and the last 4 from Motion (much better deal, and always comes with the big transmitter with the 3 mode toggle switch). I love twins with conterrotating props, ever since the Strato from E-flight. I put a set of floats on my 520, taken off a UMX Timber that also blew away in the wind. I just let them get too far away, and my 77 year old eyes lose them. Anyway, the floats look great and it loves to fly with them, even inverted. I have a short video if anyone wants to see it, send me your email. Dalpiaz@ieee.org. Oh, I have two spare transmitters never used, the 3 mode ones. Wish Motion would just sell the plane, and save me $30 each time.

Comment

1. Comments on gyro calibration. I use vertical mode and after binding, with the bird on its tail, push both joysticks down and left and watch the blue led on the plane flicker until it stops. Then both down and out to start both motors, and add throttle to lift off before they shut down again. When up 20 or 30’ and after taxing around forward and backward and side to side, switch to horizontal mode. Be ready if it dives, and after leveling back off put in up trim to get it to a slight climb. I don’t use the takeoff button, just throttle. It will also take off in horizontal mode, but only one motor starts initially. Get it rolling and both will let you steer during you takeoff run.

Comment

Working...
        X