X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dutched fan drone

i'm planning on building a dutched fan drone. so far i have chosen 80mm 6s fans. but i having trouble picking esc's and flight controllers. if anyone could give me a tip on which one that would be helpful.

Click image for larger version

Name:	drone 5.PNG
Views:	561
Size:	285.4 KB
ID:	212389 this is what i have for a design so far i will make some improvements when it comes to building it. and this is a very simple design i was just trying to get a general look.

Comment

That's very interesting. It looks like it will work. I would only be guessing in what type of esc or flight control board it would need.

Comment

They do make 6s flight control boards but then I’m just trying to understand what I’m going to need for a esc and a battery. Like can one 6s. Battery run 4 6s motors

Comment

Originally posted by Skyboom View Post
          That's very interesting. It looks like it will work. I would only be guessing in what type of esc or flight control board it would need.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	DRONE 9.PNG
Views:	550
Size:	408.3 KB
ID:	212792 I've changed my design up a little. but i did find a flight control board but would one battery be able to run all 4 motors for at least 10min or so

Comment

Each motor would need its own esc? Kind of reminds me of the Harrier jet concept.

Comment

Tips and Tricks for building a dutched fan drone

Let me remind you that building a drone is something that takes practice, especially if you’re a beginner. Knowing your drone’s limits can have an important impact on how long it lasts in top condition.
              Read More: https://dronesvilla.com/drones-in-bad-weather/

Comment

That one has been done before and I'm quite sure he has patented it. Ducted fans have an extremely short battery life compared to props, let alone 4 x ducted fans.
                With 4 ducted fans, and some carbon fiber, I built a bladeless drone that I think is one of safest in the world. It uses 4, 90mm ducted fan propulsion units...

Comment

I don't understand how these things work, especially why they need those long, bent tubes. The Flex Innovations FV-31 Cypher is basically a 4 EDF drone with wings. It doesn't use tubes and it can fly as a drone the whole time, if that's what you want. Yes, the flight time in hover is exceedingly short on the biggest battery that it will lift (about 1 minute). If you use just the vertical for lift off and landing capabilities and immediately go into and out of airplane mode, it can fly for about 3 to 4 minutes or more (about the same as a more conventional EDF airplane model).
                  In that video, it was an interesting and motivated project, however, if the only reason to do it was because he whacked his fingers (flying indoors no less), I'm not sure that was a good enough reason.

Comment

I'm sure OP has no idea what he is doing at all except to show he can use CAD. A project like this is way beyond his capabilities and comprehension.

Comment

Working...
                    X