FlightLineRC and Motion RC - A match made in R/C Heaven

You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DJI Phantom 4 Maiden Flight

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • DJI Phantom 4 Maiden Flight

    Maiden flight of my Phantom 4... The winds were too strong for fixed wing even though we tried our wings. The gusts would just knock them right over on their sides so I was leery about how the Phantom would perform but it was just rock steady. There's some real magic going on inside this thing!
    Lauren

  • #2
    Wow you can't tell there was any wind at all. That's some beautiful country. Nice video and good music with it.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Flygirl View Post
      Maiden flight of my Phantom 4... The winds were too strong for fixed wing even though we tried our wings. The gusts would just knock them right over on their sides so I was leery about how the Phantom would perform but it was just rock steady. There's some real magic going on inside this thing!
      Rock solid...even with the trees blowing like they were it just did not matter. Very nice.
      Currently flying - Freewing 70mm BAe Hawk, 80mm A-4 "Green Knights", F-86 & Mig-21, 8S Stinger 90, Twin 80mm A-10, Twin 90mm A-10; FMS 1700mm F-4U Corsair & Fox 2320mm glider; Eflight 1200mm Spitfire Mk XIV & Rare Bear on 6S; Twisted Hobbies Crack Laser, Clik v2; LX SU-47 Berkut, 64mm F-117 Nighthawk
      RIP - Freewing 90mm F-16, 80mm Super Scorpion, F-5 & 64mm A-10; LX A-10; Hobby King 105mm J-10 (The Zombie!)
      Coming soon - Freewing 80mm A-4 Blue Angels #6 and whatever Freewing EDF comes next...

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by farmflyer View Post
        Wow you can't tell there was any wind at all. That's some beautiful country. Nice video and good music with it.
        Thanks FF!! One of the things I like best about Baltimore is if you go 15 miles out of the city you end up in farmland.
        Lauren

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post

          Rock solid...even with the trees blowing like they were it just did not matter. Very nice.
          I know!!! I was super shocked! When I was flying my wing in that wind and was landing it just knocked it over sideways. I crashed. ! My friend Shane right at the end of the video threw his wing up in the air (literally) and lasted about a minute before giving up. Too bad because we were going to maiden his tri-plane...
          Lauren

          Comment


          • #6
            Looks insanely great!!!

            Comment


            • #7
              Thanks!! It's a fantastic camera platform. I used it in this video as well. You can really tell which parts are from airplanes and which were from the Phantom 4. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLQg4yc5eRA
              Lauren

              Comment


              • #8
                 
                Lauren

                Comment


                • #9
                  WOW.............look who's back. Where you been girl
                  Warbird Charlie

                  ScaleTech OV-10 Bronco; HSD A1 Skyraider(in rehab shop); FlightLine: F7F-2D, P-38 Allied Green, Sea Fury; FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51 Marie, F4U Olathe, F6F, T-28, P-40E, 1500 Razor, 1700 F4U and a Fox glider; Freewing: A-10 Artic Thunder(100+ parts to rise again), A-6, P-51 Iron Ass; VQ: P-39, JU-52; LX PBJ-1(B-25); Dynam: ME-262, FW-190, Waco, Catalina; Phoenix Spitfire; Maxford Antonov AN-2; Starmax L-4 Grasshopper; Eflite 1100 T-28 float; Tech1 P40;

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X