You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official RotorScale AH-6 Attack 450 Size Helicopter Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #81
    Originally posted by fleetsailor1981 View Post
    I must be blind as a bat, I keep looking for the STL files and can not find them I saw the post that said it had a zip file in it. Just got a printer and want to print out the parts, thanks
    Hello,

    The Zip folder contains 27 stl files, I just downloaded it.
    AH-6.zip

    Comment


    • #82
      Thanks, now get get some printing done.

      Comment


      • #83
        Hi all, just joined the forum because of this thread. I got my ah6 last week, but looks like it will take forever to get her flying. The esc (hobbywing platinum v4)needs programmed, and it takes another peice of electronics to program it, and i havent even ordered that yet. I bought the flywing fbl or gyro or dfc, im thinking its just 3 words for the same thing, but it needs programming too. I'm using the radiomaster 16c, it needs programmed as well. Pitch gauge shows the blades differ by 1 degree. Half a twist on the linkange gives 1/2° movement, so now therye as close as i know how to get them. Still waiting on blade balancer. Before i found the ah6, i found stl files for the fueslage and landing gear at cults3d.com,
        https://cults3d.com/en/3d-model/game...s-rc-helis-450
        for $50.00 and bought them. I resized them to a 250 size using maxon c4d, sent them out and was told the slicer found more than 50 holes between the few parts i sent off to print. If there are any 3dp artists out there, ill share the files in exchange for them to be made unholy.
        just a fyi, my ah6 came with a tarot 450 sport v3, with 14t pinion, and 150t antirotation gear and a 1800kv gartt brushless. Early in the thread its mentioned its set up to run 6s battery....my caculations on that head speed equals ...22.2v x 1800kv =39960rpm
        divided by 150 multiplied by 14 gives a head speed of 3729.6 rpm. Seems kinda high to me.

        Comment


        • #84
          Can anyone send me a diagram of connections for a Bavarian Demon 3x and a Futaba 3008 in the Little Bird - also ID the servo wires by color code - lack of instruction detail holding me back,\.

          Comment


          • #85
            Originally posted by HookDriver View Post
            Can anyone send me a diagram of connections for a Bavarian Demon 3x and a Futaba 3008 in the Little Bird - also ID the servo wires by color code - lack of instruction detail holding me back,\.
            I'm just curious, did you find the information you were looking for as I have a 3x in mine as well.

            Comment


            • #86
              The Black Hawk got it's name from the Black Hawk Indian tribe. All Army helicopters are named after indian tribes. 160th paints their aircraft flat black because flat black is IR suppressant. Al aircraft regardless of color are flat. Accept the Jets in Jet Company (Command Aviation Company (Jets).

              Comment


              • #87
                With what do you open the .stl files?

                Comment


                • #88
                  I think you are al to young.The color of light Olive Drab was the original. The OH 6 won it's reputation as a fighter in Vietnam and I am here to tell you that it was not dark green or black but a bright Olive Drab. Blackhawk blades have been black since I can remember and that is probably older than you. Here is the real colors.

                  Click image for larger version  Name:	AB-12.jpg Views:	0 Size:	32.2 KB ID:	360992Click image for larger version  Name:	RG-14.jpg Views:	0 Size:	65.9 KB ID:	360988Click image for larger version  Name:	RG-131.jpg Views:	0 Size:	53.2 KB ID:	360989Click image for larger version  Name:	RG-81.jpg Views:	0 Size:	40.7 KB ID:	360990Click image for larger version  Name:	gren.jpg Views:	0 Size:	83.8 KB ID:	360991Click image for larger version  Name:	AB-11.jpg Views:	0 Size:	37.7 KB ID:	360999Click image for larger version  Name:	oh62.jpg Views:	0 Size:	12.9 KB ID:	361001
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Top Maycen; Nov 10, 2022, 12:23 AM. Reason: Didn't mean for al these extras to show up, don't know how to get rid of them

                  Comment


                  • #89
                    Hey everyone, I just bought this heli from MotionRC. I've unboxed it and have only been able to do a quick inventory of it. Would it be wise for me to pull the mechanics out and loctite everything or has that already been done? I'm going to put a Spekrum 6250HX FBL on it and planning to use a 4s 2200mah battery. Is that a good size battery? Any recommendations for rotor pitch? -3/+8 sound about right or still too aggressive? This is my first "scale" heli. I bought this one as a way to dip my toes into scale before I sink a ton of money into a large build. I've got a couple of Align 470LM's and a Blade 330 S. I don't want this to fly like those. I'm wanting it to be more relaxing and less tense to fly. Any input or suggestions is greatly appreciated.

                    Comment


                    • #90
                      Originally posted by smsalisbury View Post
                      Hey everyone, I just bought this heli from MotionRC. I've unboxed it and have only been able to do a quick inventory of it. Would it be wise for me to pull the mechanics out and loctite everything or has that already been done? I'm going to put a Spekrum 6250HX FBL on it and planning to use a 4s 2200mah battery. Is that a good size battery? Any recommendations for rotor pitch? -3/+8 sound about right or still too aggressive? This is my first "scale" heli. I bought this one as a way to dip my toes into scale before I sink a ton of money into a large build. I've got a couple of Align 470LM's and a Blade 330 S. I don't want this to fly like those. I'm wanting it to be more relaxing and less tense to fly. Any input or suggestions is greatly appreciated.
                      Well I see no one has answered you, so I will give you my opinion, I would box it up and send it back for a refund and continue to save money to get into the 600 size scale, way more stable and I feel way easier to learn on, learning to fly a small scale heli really doesn't help much for the big birds if you already know how to fly a heli, small ones are hard to see and not all that stable with that high head speed, yes cheaper and you can fly in a small space, but I say don't waist your money on the small headache ones that are a pain to get flying properly and usually require constant tinkering, large 600 size, 700 or 800 size scale helis are the way to go, I know money is a problem but $499 for those junky things just aren't worth the headache to me, my opinion on this and I'm sure I will hear about it.

                      Comment


                      • #91
                        Originally posted by DCORSAIR View Post

                        Well I see no one has answered you, so I will give you my opinion, I would box it up and send it back for a refund and continue to save money to get into the 600 size scale, way more stable and I feel way easier to learn on, learning to fly a small scale heli really doesn't help much for the big birds if you already know how to fly a heli, small ones are hard to see and not all that stable with that high head speed, yes cheaper and you can fly in a small space, but I say don't waist your money on the small headache ones that are a pain to get flying properly and usually require constant tinkering, large 600 size, 700 or 800 size scale helis are the way to go, I know money is a problem but $499 for those junky things just aren't worth the headache to me, my opinion on this and I'm sure I will hear about it.
                        Tell me how you really feel. 🤣

                        I hear you and think what you are saying is on point. This is just a toy and a very expensive toy. I realize the mechanics are pretty cheap which is why I wanted everyone's opinion on if I should pull the mechanics out and go over it or if it was good to go already. I actually did purchase a much older used 600 Jet Ranger, but it is Flybar so trying to learn that setup and the previous owner/builder and I are planning on taking it out this weekend. I got it at a very affordable price and not worried about trying to convert to Flybarless right now. I do want to get into the larger new scale helis, but just trying to take baby steps right now as we all know RC helis are way expensive.

                        I don't have buyer's remorse for this little AH-6 yet, but time will tell as I haven't done anything with it yet except to pull it out of the box and inventory everything in it. I find the lack of any instructions in the box a bit off putting, and the downloadable instructions on Motionrc is very generic.

                        Thanks for your input! I guess I'll report back at a later date as I get going with it.

                        Comment


                        • #92
                          Originally posted by smsalisbury View Post

                          Tell me how you really feel. 🤣

                          I hear you and think what you are saying is on point. This is just a toy and a very expensive toy. I realize the mechanics are pretty cheap which is why I wanted everyone's opinion on if I should pull the mechanics out and go over it or if it was good to go already. I actually did purchase a much older used 600 Jet Ranger, but it is Flybar so trying to learn that setup and the previous owner/builder and I are planning on taking it out this weekend. I got it at a very affordable price and not worried about trying to convert to Flybarless right now. I do want to get into the larger new scale helis, but just trying to take baby steps right now as we all know RC helis are way expensive.

                          I don't have buyer's remorse for this little AH-6 yet, but time will tell as I haven't done anything with it yet except to pull it out of the box and inventory everything in it. I find the lack of any instructions in the box a bit off putting, and the downloadable instructions on Motionrc is very generic.

                          Thanks for your input! I guess I'll report back at a later date as I get going with it.
                          Yeah, I was hoping not to disappoint you, looks like you know what your doing and happy with your purchase, Good Luck on your new purchase.....

                          Nothing wrong with a fly bar heli, they fly great and are so much easier to set up and fly, I miss those days for sure, I put off FBL as long as I could then jumped into them and learned how to set them up properly, that was the part I dreaded, my buddy introduced me to my first Microbeast FBL gyro and helped me get going on those, I love the Microbeast, so easy once you get the hang of it, had several other FBL gyros but couldn't understand how to set them up, Microbeast works for me specially using Futaba S-Bus, makes it so simple, well anyway if you decide to go big, just read up on this forum and ask away, were here to help. As for your new toy, you should go over every part of that thing and check for loctite and such, check screws and how its assembled and if it's assembled properly, just keep in mind that once you go big, you won't go back............

                          Comment


                          • #93
                            Originally posted by smsalisbury View Post
                            Hey everyone, I just bought this heli from MotionRC. I've unboxed it and have only been able to do a quick inventory of it. Would it be wise for me to pull the mechanics out and loctite everything or has that already been done? I'm going to put a Spekrum 6250HX FBL on it and planning to use a 4s 2200mah battery. Is that a good size battery? Any recommendations for rotor pitch? -3/+8 sound about right or still too aggressive? This is my first "scale" heli. I bought this one as a way to dip my toes into scale before I sink a ton of money into a large build. I've got a couple of Align 470LM's and a Blade 330 S. I don't want this to fly like those. I'm wanting it to be more relaxing and less tense to fly. Any input or suggestions is greatly appreciated.
                            I’d start with +10/-3 on the pitch. It’s setup for 4S already so it will have a lower headspeed and fly much more scale and smooth than your other helis. That’s how I setup my Rotorscale Huey and it flew great! There are also a few aftermarket 5 blade heads if you’d like to mess around with that option as well.

                            As for the small size, I’m in the middle on that issue. 450s definitely tend to be on the more twitchy side of things and are difficult to make look scale in flight. Most of my fleet is 500s, with a few larger (up to 800) models. To me, the 500s are where it’s at. They have enough mass to fly scale, enough inertia for an autorotation, easy to transport, and less expensive than larger models. But that’s just my opinion. So far my 500 size fleet includes 1 of each: AH-6 Little Bird, AH-64A Apache, UH-34D Choctaw, UH-1C Huey Gunship, Sikorsky HO3S-1, and I’ve got a bunch more on the project shelves.

                            Comment


                            • #94
                              Originally posted by F106DeltaDart View Post

                              I’d start with +10/-3 on the pitch. It’s setup for 4S already so it will have a lower headspeed and fly much more scale and smooth than your other helis. That’s how I setup my Rotorscale Huey and it flew great! There are also a few aftermarket 5 blade heads if you’d like to mess around with that option as well.

                              As for the small size, I’m in the middle on that issue. 450s definitely tend to be on the more twitchy side of things and are difficult to make look scale in flight. Most of my fleet is 500s, with a few larger (up to 800) models. To me, the 500s are where it’s at. They have enough mass to fly scale, enough inertia for an autorotation, easy to transport, and less expensive than larger models. But that’s just my opinion. So far my 500 size fleet includes 1 of each: AH-6 Little Bird, AH-64A Apache, UH-34D Choctaw, UH-1C Huey Gunship, Sikorsky HO3S-1, and I’ve got a bunch more on the project shelves.
                              Yeah, I didn't think about the 500 size being better, I have seen the 500 size fly and they do seem better, I even thought about trying one, but now that I have been flying these big 700-800 size I just can't do it, I did have a nice MD 500D 450 size years ago, it flew okay I guess once I got it close to dialed in....

                              Comment


                              • #95
                                The 500 club is calling. Time to answer.

                                Gravy

                                Comment


                                • #96
                                  Originally posted by F106DeltaDart View Post

                                  I’d start with +10/-3 on the pitch. It’s setup for 4S already so it will have a lower headspeed and fly much more scale and smooth than your other helis. That’s how I setup my Rotorscale Huey and it flew great! There are also a few aftermarket 5 blade heads if you’d like to mess around with that option as well.

                                  As for the small size, I’m in the middle on that issue. 450s definitely tend to be on the more twitchy side of things and are difficult to make look scale in flight. Most of my fleet is 500s, with a few larger (up to 800) models. To me, the 500s are where it’s at. They have enough mass to fly scale, enough inertia for an autorotation, easy to transport, and less expensive than larger models. But that’s just my opinion. So far my 500 size fleet includes 1 of each: AH-6 Little Bird, AH-64A Apache, UH-34D Choctaw, UH-1C Huey Gunship, Sikorsky HO3S-1, and I’ve got a bunch more on the project shelves.
                                  Thanks for the advice. Any recommendations for the 5 blade head and blades?

                                  Comment


                                  • #97
                                    Originally posted by DCORSAIR View Post

                                    Yeah, I was hoping not to disappoint you, looks like you know what your doing and happy with your purchase, Good Luck on your new purchase.....

                                    Nothing wrong with a fly bar heli, they fly great and are so much easier to set up and fly, I miss those days for sure, I put off FBL as long as I could then jumped into them and learned how to set them up properly, that was the part I dreaded, my buddy introduced me to my first Microbeast FBL gyro and helped me get going on those, I love the Microbeast, so easy once you get the hang of it, had several other FBL gyros but couldn't understand how to set them up, Microbeast works for me specially using Futaba S-Bus, makes it so simple, well anyway if you decide to go big, just read up on this forum and ask away, were here to help. As for your new toy, you should go over every part of that thing and check for loctite and such, check screws and how its assembled and if it's assembled properly, just keep in mind that once you go big, you won't go back............
                                    I like the Microbeast, but Forward Programming with Spektrum makes things so much easier.

                                    Comment

                                    Working...
                                    X