Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I ended up with a mini yellow kbar. It works really well, although the software was difficult for me to figure out on my own. I enlisted the help of the local heli guru, and as luck would have it, he was flying the same fbl in one of his birds. Once he explained it to me, it all made sense.

Comment

Originally posted by scootergenie View Post
      Throw the zyx in the trash. Mine did the same thing. I could never get it initialized.
      This advice is a bit harsh IMO. Yes, the ZYX-S2 initialization is sensitive and the unit must be held perfectly still during the power on sequence. I've been running them on three 450s (two RotorScale and one Sport V1) and have had nothing but good luck so far. But once again - the unit must be held STILL during power up. Once powered up, it is very tolerant of vibrations, has zero tendencies to tip over when spooling up, and it has both heading hold and rate mode for the tail. I didn't have to modify the default settings at all (although I did fiddle a bit with the tail gain).

YMMV

Comment

So do all the 450’s have the upgraded internals now? And how complicated would it be to switch to a 4 or 5 blade head on these?

Comment

Yet another dumb question from me (sorry guys, but this is my first scale heli). Is there any way to adjust the belt tension on this without taking all of the mechanics out of the fuselage? I have adjusted several booms of course and I can do that but wondering with this fuselage if there was something short of "take it out...adjust it...put it back". Probably not, but I had to ask. Thanks in advance for any constructive advice.

Comment

Unfortunately I haven’t found any other way. The only way I know of it to loosen the boom at the frame and pull it out and then tighten it again when tight enough.
            gravy

Comment

I notice parts are not available, seems that is an issue? Would this be a good first heli with an instructor?

thanks

Comment

For a first heli I would not recommend something with a scale fuselage. Get a 300 or 400 size something like blade or align and learn to fly that first. No reasone to tear a clean body up while leading.

gravy

Comment

Does Align have something like Blade in reference to stabilization? Thanks

Comment

Thanks for the advice on belt tension. I found the screws had not been tightened and the belt was slipping. Not a lot of fun, but I learn something new each time. Expecting the five blade rotor head in today or tomorrow and while I have all of the mechanics out, it will be a good time to work on that project. BTW - the change out to the Microbeast from the Tarot worked out great, boots correctly every time now. Thanks guys!

Comment

Guys if you have any questions on my MD500e set up in the future, you'll have to ask me on RCG. Motion did me dirty over $40-$50 on my UH-1 purchase. I will no longer purchase from them or promote them. Just glad it wasn't a high dollar lesson. today will be my last day here. Good luck on your mods and fly safe.

Gravy

Comment

Originally posted by Gravythe clown View Post
                        Guys if you have any questions on my MD500e set up in the future, you'll have to ask me on RCG. Motion did me dirty over $40-$50 on my UH-1 purchase. I will no longer purchase from them or promote them. Just glad it wasn't a high dollar lesson. today will be my last day here. Good luck on your mods and fly safe.

Gravy
                        Sorry to hear that man. Would love to stay in touch.

Comment

MotionRC reaches out to me Friday. They offered A fair resolution to my issue. I am annoyed it had to go to that level and voiced my concerns on the situation. I’m positive they understand my concerns. It a not a money issue as it was a moral issue. One I never thought I would have had with MotionRC since they always seamed you be one of the best.

i will accept their offer and move on. I will continue to do business with them and see what the future brings.

companies are only as good as how they handle their worst situation. The fact they want to do the right things speaks the right message.

gravy

Comment

MotionRC reaches out to me Friday. They offered A fair resolution to my issue. I am annoyed it had to go to that level and voiced my concerns on the situation. I’m positive they understand my concerns. It a not a money issue as it was a moral issue. One I never thought I would have had with MotionRC since they always seamed you be one of the best.

i will accept their offer and move on. I will continue to do business with them and see what the future brings.

companies are only as good as how they handle their worst situation. The fact they want to do the right things speaks the right message.

gravy
                            Glad to hear that issue was resolved and glad to know you will be sticking around on the forum. Got the 5 blade head in and as soon as the blades get here I will be making that change out.

Comment

Tail rotor assembly question guys - Have any of you taken the tail rotor assembly off yet? My question regards the metal vertical stabilizer mount. This small aluminum piece of course not only mounts the vertical stabilizer, but also appears to have a "stop" to keep the whole tail assembly from rotating on the boom. My question is...if you have looked at this...does the center solid metal pin actually fit inside the hole in the boom or does it fit flush and not actually touch the boom? I can't figure out why my tail rotor assembly wants to shift slightly. It seems reasonable to me that it would actually fit into the hole in the boom. Mine doesn't and I am wondering if I have (another) broken piece. Any thoughts?

Comment

ALSO - If anyone is using a Futaba radio I would love to know your settings to fly this bird. Almost everyone I have talked to uses Spectrum and of course the settings in a Spectrum radio and a Futaba radio are different. Its driving me CRAZY!!! Well more crazy :)

Comment

Mine sits into a hole in the boom as a stop.

gravy

Comment

Mine sits into a hole in the boom as a stop.

gravy
                                    Thanks....That's what I thought it should be. The one I have does not. Two new ones are on order (sigh). Was out at the local club field the other day and one of the members commented that RC doesn't always mean radio control...in MY case it means Repair Constantly :)

Comment

Just wondering guys...have any of you experienced a main rotor "wobble"? This is not toilet bowl, but it seems the main rotor wobbles. That's about the best way I can explain it. It seems to happen at higher RPM. It doesn't seem that the Micobeast is making the adjustments, but I may be wrong about that. The "wobble" makes hovering extremely difficult and any sort of circuit flight unpredictable. (1) Never been crashed or even had a hard landing. (2) I have made sure the swash is level. (3) Made sure the blades are balanced and the CG on both match perfectly. Each blade is exactly 22g. (4) I also balanced everything with the complete rotor head and blades on a DuBro balancer and everything checks perfect. (5) I inspected each blade - literally with a 25 power magnifier and can find nothing. (6) Checked and re-checked to ensure the main blades were not too tight (wish I could find a mini torque wrench - maybe someday). The only thing I can think of is a slightly bent shaft that is so small that it doesn't show up when balancing. I have not changed the main bearing (yet), because I don't have one (yet). ANY ideas??????

Comment

Have you checked the tracking. Tracking can make a big difference especially if tuning a multi-blade setup.
                                        also check and make sure your phasing is correct.

gravy

Comment

I have the Huey450 and the blade grip on one side had a lot of play. I tried removing the screws to disassemble, re-grease, and re-tighten. But, those screws wouldn't budge and I stripped them out. I have a replacement head coming, but I have a feeling the blade grip play was causing my huey to "wobble."

Comment

Working...
                                          X