Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hasselbrook
    replied
    Anyone know the screw size for the main gear on the FW 450 V2?
    mine is bent, need a new one.

Leave a comment:

• DCORSAIR
    replied
    Originally posted by Astro2018 View Post
    Aside from the occasional jitter/sudden interference it would be ok!
    I wanted to position it to the rear on one of the trays, but there isn’t a whole lotta room back there. That’s why I chose the front tray. I’ll make it work!
    Oh glad you got it working, I know I wasn't much help for you on it, I was going to tell you to make sure you had things going in the right direction, done that plenty of times, also you said it was happening at a high throttle setting, are you hovering at about 1/2 throttle or mid stick then?? Also a too high head speed and out of balance blades will cause a buzzing through out the airframe and make things jitter, shouldn't be getting a jitter on the servos, check your wiring as well, everything clear of your motor, things like that., all my big 700/800 helis run a ferrit ring around the ESC throttle lead, I run all Kontonik 160 ESC's and they actually come with them, supposed to help with servo jitters.

Leave a comment:

• Astro2018
    replied
    Aside from the occasional jitter/sudden interference it would be ok!
    I wanted to position it to the rear on one of the trays, but there isn’t a whole lotta room back there. That’s why I chose the front tray. I’ll make it work!

Leave a comment:

• Astro2018
    replied
    It looks like it is. It’s secure to the front tray below the battery. I’ll try to reposition it to the rear see if that helps. I was thinking of moving it, guess now I have a good reason. Thnx!

Leave a comment:

• CM_Aero
    replied
    Yup, did that from the get go and I’m glad I did. Turns out I didn’t reverse the tail rotor servo direction. Had to make several adjustments and on the last adjustment I forgot to reverse the travel. It’s working better now, but still get some occasional servo jitter, which throws things out of wack when I try to get it to hover. Thanks for the help. I appreciate it!
    Is the demon 3x well mounted? It's not vibrating or moving around? That will cause a servo "jitter." Had that issue on my AS350 so i had to re-secure the FBL unit

Leave a comment:

• Astro2018
    replied
    Yup, did that from the get go and I’m glad I did. Turns out I didn’t reverse the tail rotor servo direction. Had to make several adjustments and on the last adjustment I forgot to reverse the travel. It’s working better now, but still get some occasional servo jitter, which throws things out of wack when I try to get it to hover. Thanks for the help. I appreciate it!

Leave a comment:

• DCORSAIR
    replied
    I put my MD500 together and got all the settings in on the TX, ESC and Demon 3x. Tried to get a madani flight on it, but when I spool it up the tail begins to spin when I reach the upper third of the throttle. It also seems like I’m getting interference on the servos cuz the seem to jitter every once in a while without any input from the radio. Any suggestions?
    Take the mechanics out of the fuselage, make a platform of some sort to test fly the mechanics first and work out all the bugs and put lots of flights on it until it flies great then install it back in the fuselage, save yourself headaches. Can't help you on the Demon because I fly with Microbeast which is so easy to get working properly and you don't need a computer to set up, it sounds like the tail is blowing out on you, maybe a gain adjustment, any video??

Leave a comment:

• Astro2018
    replied
    I put my MD500 together and got all the settings in on the TX, ESC and Demon 3x. Tried to get a madani flight on it, but when I spool it up the tail begins to spin when I reach the upper third of the throttle. It also seems like I’m getting interference on the servos cuz the seem to jitter every once in a while without any input from the radio. Any suggestions?

Leave a comment:

• DCORSAIR
    replied
    Originally posted by Amjet View Post
    Moving up to Scale Helicopters from a 200 size. Thought the Rotorscale MD 500 would be a great place to start. I've been looking at it for the last 6 months Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3256.jpg
Views:	257
Size:	85.3 KB
ID:	363459 or so while I became proficient with the OMP 200. Thankfully I have a buddy to help guide me through all the steps. Mine arrived yesterday and what beautiful model! I will be updating my progress.
    Looks great, try a 800 size and you will be hooked......

Leave a comment:

• Amjet
    replied
    Moving up to Scale Helicopters from a 200 size. Thought the Rotorscale MD 500 would be a great place to start. I've been looking at it for the last 6 months Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3256.jpg
Views:	257
Size:	85.3 KB
ID:	363459 or so while I became proficient with the OMP 200. Thankfully I have a buddy to help guide me through all the steps. Mine arrived yesterday and what beautiful model! I will be updating my progress.

Leave a comment:

• Astro2018
    replied
    I’m connecting the esc to Bavarian Demon 3x. The esc has a single RPM wire that’s suppose to be connected to the flybarless unit, but the 3x doesn’t have a socket for the wire. Does the RPM wire need to be connected for the esc to work? Can I just leave it alone?

Leave a comment:

• cgdurant
    replied
    This is ridiculous to even ask, but I need to. Has anyone had issues with inserting the skids of the MD500E Rotorscale 450 into the legs. Mine just will not go. The legs almost appear backwards with the longer at the back sticking out and the angle to push the skid through the hole in the back leg just will not go.

Leave a comment:

• Jett
    replied
    Anyone bought this heli since they’re back in stock ? Will most the T-Rex 450 mechanics interchange with it ?

Leave a comment:

• DCORSAIR
    replied
    Originally posted by Larry D View Post

I am beginning to think the trash is a good place. Will call MRC and see if they can help (sure they can, even if it is toss it in the trash...lol). I can get the ZYX to connect via the computer but everything seems to be wrong. This sucker is blowing my poor little mind which is not hard to do :)

Talked with Ed at MRC today and after going through several checks and diagnostics it seems the Tarot ZYX is hit and miss (sometimes it would boot correctly - other times not). Not going to risk it and will be switching to a Microbeast. Fingers crossed. Thanks for the help guys. It was a frustrating time when I KNEW my connections were all correct. This is my first scale heli. Flown a number of booms in the past and looking forward to seeing this one fly and working on the total scale look and feel.
    Can't go wrong with the Microbeast, I use them in my big 800/700 scale helis, work great and so easy to program, I haven't heard anything good about those zyx controllers, you should enjoy flying a scale heli and not fighting issues with them.....

Leave a comment:

• Jett
    replied
    Any idea when these will in in stock Are they still in business ??

Leave a comment:

• Larry D
    replied
    It wasn't "maxed" but it was midway on the scale of 50-150. Effectively default (100). LOL - Yeah that'll do it on a 450! Also running the Microbeast Plus (v5). I think I am going to drop it a bit more and see if I get exactly what I want. Kickin' my butt for not even thinking of that to begin with.

Leave a comment:

• Gravythe clown
    replied
    Holy cow you had you cycle Maxed out? That will do it definitely. I’m using the microbeast plus. And all the of my cycle gain, cycle feed and tail gyro response are all right around the 50% mark got my 450 size helis. On my Huey my tail gyro response is like 60%.

glad to here you got her sorted out.

gravy

Leave a comment:

• Larry D
    replied
    I couldn't wait. Beautiful no wind morning. Lowerd the cyclic gain from 100% (it is a 50 to 150 scale) to about 70% and what a difference. No more/very little wobble/oscillation. A few more minor tweaks and I think it will be rock solid. Lesson learned - RTDB!!! Thanks again for the help gentlemen. All good reminders that when you have checked everything, check it again.

Leave a comment:

• Larry D
    replied
    Thanks guys. I went over everything again and paid special attention to blade grip and tracking (everything looked really good) as well as phasing. Thanks Gravy and CM. Then it dawned on me. What if my cyclic gain was too high for my current setup? Sure enough, I went back and re-read the gyro setup. I had NOT re-adjusted the pod for the cyclic. The instructions caution that too high of a gain on the cyclic will cause the type of "wobble" (they correctly call it oscillation) I am experiencing, just like a tail that is "wobbling" and not holding heading is likely caused by too much/too little gyro gain thereby causing oscillation. The instructions PLAINLY state that especially in 450 size and smaller helis this is not uncommon. Then I had an unpleasant memory flashback to school days long, long ago and a professor reminding me to RTDB (read the damn book). Yet another senior DUH moment :). I had no time to do a flight test last evening and test this. Keeping my fingers crossed that it is a simple fix.
    Last edited by Larry D; Mar 27, 2020, 05:49 AM. Reason: UPDATE: I couldn't wait. I HAD to try the cyclic gain adjustment and wow what a difference. This little heli is now just about rock solid. A few more minor adjustments to trim. It is said that confess

Leave a comment:

• CM_Aero
    replied
    I have the Huey450 and the blade grip on one side had a lot of play. I tried removing the screws to disassemble, re-grease, and re-tighten. But, those screws wouldn't budge and I stripped them out. I have a replacement head coming, but I have a feeling the blade grip play was causing my huey to "wobble."

Leave a comment:

Working...
X