You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official RotorScale AS350 Alpine Yellow and Red 450 Size Helicopter Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alpha View Post

Hi Chief58D, as you requested, attached are the adjusted files for the AS350. The LED mounts are now affixed with screws instead of glue.

If you had any questions about specific 3DPUP files, where they go, or how they're attached, just post and one of us can chime in. I titled the files with a prefix that states which general area, then you can cross reference these photos to confirm the exact location.

Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_20190704_165907.jpg Views:	0 Size:	219.9 KB ID:	204294Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_20190704_165856.jpg Views:	0 Size:	255.4 KB ID:	204295
    Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_20190704_165646.jpg Views:	0 Size:	175.3 KB ID:	204293Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_20190704_170038.jpg Views:	0 Size:	301.0 KB ID:	204296

The LEDs install very simply. More detail in one of my earlier posts on Page 1. Now, both belly LEDs and the Searchlight are screw-on, and the searchlight is also adjustable for angle.

I'm still working on the exhaust and static winch.
    hey alpha do you know when these and similar 450's will be back in stock? i missed the first batch. motion team says they aren't sure when they are coming back.

Comment

I see that the RotorScale 450 helis are back in stock and they now ship with a MicroBeast-Plus FBL and now have: "upgraded internals". I have three questions:

1. What are the "upgraded internals"?
      2. Can I order it without the uBeast FBL?
      3. I have 5 of the older/original models - am I now out of luck with regards to spare parts?

Comment

Ya I’m curious too oh what is going on. They aren’t offering any remarks on it.

Comment

I would also like to know what firmware version is on the MicroBeast Plus, does it include Safe/Attitude control?

Danny

Comment

Contacted MRC about the MicroBeast firmware as delivered. As delivered the MB will not have attitude control capability, you will need to purchase the Pro upgrade at about $99 to get that capability.

Danny

Comment

I'm using the Brain2 in my UH-1 and it does great.
              TiredIron Aviation
              Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

Originally posted by ridgerunner View Post
                I see that the RotorScale 450 helis are back in stock and they now ship with a MicroBeast-Plus FBL and now have: "upgraded internals". I have three questions:

3. I have 5 of the older/original models - am I now out of luck with regards to spare parts?
                Crickets?!
                Difficult/awkward answers I can handle - but silence? Not so much!

Comment

I have forwarded your questions to our team...There should be some kind of response shortly.
                  My YouTube RC videos:
                  https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

Crickets?!
                    Difficult/awkward answers I can handle - but silence? Not so much!
                    ridgerunner Our team has gotten the message and are working on getting us an update for you. But as much as we try to be all over the forums, it's hard to see every single post here. Your best bet to get direct answers from Motion RC will always be to call, live chat or email us directly here: https://www.motionrc.com/pages/pre-sale-questions

Comment

Sorry, there are so many threads on here, sometimes it is impossible to follow all of them. We try. If you need a question answered very quickly, please open a ticket with our support. We will eventually see it here but sometimes it is difficult. I'll try to answer all of your questions:
                      1) Upgraded internals - The new internals are backward compatible with the old ones. They are made with more consistency with better tolerance from a better supplier with better knowledge of metallurgy. They are now made by the same manufacturer who makes the mechanics for the 600 ARF bundles we were selling (we will setup that bundle again).
                      2) Currently, they are only available with a microbeast pre-installed. That said, we're checking our inventory and it appears the manufacturer may have forgotten to install some of the microbeasts. Give us a couple days to check more inventory. You may b e able to buy it without a microbeast even though that was not the original plan.
                      3) You are not out of luck at all with regards to spare parts. All are backward compatible.

Comment

As luck would have it, or not, the factory forgot to install the MicroBeast Plus into our entire order. They are still sitting at the factory. Therefore, they will all be available without a microbeast Plus. For anyone who already purchased a RotorScale 450 and thought they were receiving a MicroBeast with it, we're sending one out to all of you. We lowered the price on our website to reflect the fact the MicroBeast Plus is not included.

Comment

Is this with the UH-1 as well? I ordered one of them on Friday.

gravy

Comment

Yes, this is true with the UH-1 as well. You are on the list to get a MicroBeast Plus. We will setup the orders and send them out tomorrow. I'm really sorry for the inconvenience.

Comment

Thanks. Are they shipping from you Motion or your supplier. I’m trying to figure if I have any chance of it being here when my UH-1 arrives this weekend.

Gravy

Comment

It is shipping from Motion RC here in IL. We can send it by Priority Mail if you would like so it has a chance of arriving quickly.

Comment

My UH-1 is schedule for Friday delivery. Any chances. Only one going to Fresno CA I’m sure.

gravy

p.s. You guys are awesome if you could get it here the same time my heli arrives

Comment

Originally posted by Tom View Post
                                    It is shipping from Motion RC here in IL. We can send it by Priority Mail if you would like so it has a chance of arriving quickly.

will the micro beasts be sold separately as well?

Comment

Yes, they are for sale separately. MicroBeast Plus link: https://www.motionrc.com/products/be...barless-system\

Ed will make some posts showing the setup. It works extremely well in this heli and the MicroBeast Plus is very simple to setup (which I know many of you have been requesting). It is a little more pricey but worth it if you are looking for ease of use.

Comment

I am working on a setup guide for the microbeast over here: https://www.hobbysquawk.com/forum/el...uey#post237068. Still a work in progress, but I’ll be adding more throughout the week.

Comment

Love the microbeast plus. Couple things I’ve added to my setup sequence.
                                          1 use a separate BEC for receiver binding / setup and ESC calibration. I use a spare ESC for this. Power up the MBP and receiver. I use Sbus so I let it auto discover. Then after bound and channels are set. I go full throttle and power up the heli ESC to calibrate it. Must make sure you pull the red pin temporarily out of heli ESC during this part of the setup.
                                          after calibration I power down all power and hook the ESC red wire back up. Now I finish the setup using heli esc bec.
                                          the other step I’ve added is when I get to item “I” “swashplate servo direction” before I move to next step I use a pitch gage and adjust me blade grip ball linkages. I move first blade to front of heli in parallel with boom. Set pitch to 0deg using throttle stick. Then I rotate blades so the next blade is now in the front parallel potion and check with pitch gage. Is pitch is not 0deg I adjust the linkage. If two blades done. If multiple blade continue until all blades are adjusted and close to 0degs.

Just my $0.02

gravy

Comment

Working...
                                          X