Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hope all are staying safe? Still awaiting mrp paint from hobby world, been 6 weeks, and may have to go another route as need to get this sweety re-sprayed....
    Took the mechanics up for a maiden last weekend, all went pretty well, just kept it low and slow. did some tweaking this week and will take out again tomorrow and see what difference it made if any. The 4530-520 has lots of power, although the test bed is an approx. weight, I'm sure it will perform fine. Not liking the vbar gov, may change to the scorpion gov and give that a try? after a few more gentle flights.
    What are you all doing with the blades during transport? removing ? or have a nice 3 blade holder and removing one?
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2299 (1).JPG
Views:	406
Size:	110.1 KB
ID:	316365Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2300 (1).JPG
Views:	391
Size:	92.4 KB
ID:	316366

Comment

Looking good there Birdman, I just remove my blades, I don't like the stress it puts on the blade grips and linkages when you leave them on, sometimes one blade slips out of your hand as your unfolding them or if you have to leave one blade half unfolded as your trying to fumble with the rest, to me it's just as easy to transport without blades and install them when your ready to fly it, just don't forget to mark them in the order you have them tracked and balanced...

Comment

Well 7 flights on her now, dialed in as close as i can get with out the body on, likes 1250 rpm nice and smooth all around and good power, got rid of the vbar gov and went with the scorpion gov, no more rpm increases, ended up with 55%-60%-65% esc and motor nice and cool, may tweak after body is on.
        Picked up a blade bag, so blades off :)
        Now to wait for the paint....8 weeks now and counting....

Comment

Originally posted by thebirdman View Post
          Well 7 flights on her now, dialed in as close as i can get with out the body on, likes 1250 rpm nice and smooth all around and good power, got rid of the vbar gov and went with the scorpion gov, no more rpm increases, ended up with 55%-60%-65% esc and motor nice and cool, may tweak after body is on.
          Picked up a blade bag, so blades off :)
          Now to wait for the paint....8 weeks now and counting....
          Well congrats to another Apache owner, glad you got her dialed in and sounds like its ready for the fuselage soon, it will require a little more tweaking once you get the fuselage on it but I bet with all the testing you did, it will be pretty close to perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by DCORSAIR View Post

Well congrats to another Apache owner, glad you got her dialed in and sounds like its ready for the fuselage soon, it will require a little more tweaking once you get the fuselage on it but I bet with all the testing you did, it will be pretty close to perfect.
            Yes it fly's comfortably, little hard on orientation with no body but was manageable.
            Just need to design the bottom antenna, already broke just looking at it lol, plus going to print out all the ladders as they look pretty brittle and don't see them lasting long.
            Just finished hold downs for the rear mounts, just simple thread inserts and 3mm bolts to tighten down on the small L bracket, need to pop 2 small holes in the top and come up with something to cover them, maybe new antenna or also thinking of maybe running the 2 flybar antennas up and out them ?

Comment

Yes it fly's comfortably, little hard on orientation with no body but was manageable.
              Just need to design the bottom antenna, already broke just looking at it lol, plus going to print out all the ladders as they look pretty brittle and don't see them lasting long.
              Just finished hold downs for the rear mounts, just simple thread inserts and 3mm bolts to tighten down on the small L bracket, need to pop 2 small holes in the top and come up with something to cover them, maybe new antenna or also thinking of maybe running the 2 flybar antennas up and out them ?
              I would like to see those mounts your talking about, mine is stock and seem fine after several flights, I will keep an eye on them as I get more flights on it, it was something I was worried about but not a problem yet and seem to do the job as is, I know what you mean about the antenna, I bought my Apache from a friend already built and the first thing I broke was his 3d printed bottom antenna, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by DCORSAIR View Post

I would like to see those mounts your talking about, mine is stock and seem fine after several flights, I will keep an eye on them as I get more flights on it, it was something I was worried about but not a problem yet and seem to do the job as is, I know what you mean about the antenna, I bought my Apache from a friend already built and the first thing I broke was his 3d printed bottom antenna, lol.
                Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2308.JPG
Views:	371
Size:	67.2 KB
ID:	317771

Comment

I figured that's how you did it, thanks for the pic.

Comment

Hope all are well... Still plucking away at this thing in the spare time I have, can't believe summer is almost over. Least got out several more times than last year, and flew most of the fleet with no mishaps, take that back...the logo 200 got bashed up a few times lol
                    Finally got the paint on her, back yard looked like a paint factory with pieces hanging everywhere drying. Never did get my order from hobby usa, last look dont think he even ordered paint, as MrP confirmed..be aware.....is all I will say. Had one bad mishap, air compressor fell off the stand, cord brought along the engine door pieces and landed right on one, cracked it 3/4 the way across :(
                    Took some time to repair.... but you would never know now....
                    Added some more 3d printed scale parts, and finally got the rear stab hinge and servo mount sorted out.
                    Decided to go ahead and move the swash linkages outward, feel much better that I did, and don't have to mess with it later, changed a couple balls and links from my synergy stash to get it 90*
                    Also saw this on a thread somewhere, printed blade pitch tools for setup, saves putting on the blades to do, worked mint for the re-setup on the lever move...
                    All front Stab weapons are now attached via magnets, did not like the idea of gluing it all together, I can now add remove swap with a simple "click", just finishing the end attachments for more choices.
                    Just need to get the engine bay doors fitted and find a home for the speakers, than I can finally start installing all the lighting, scale parts and mechanics, Don't think time will allow me to get it out completed this year, but in no hurry, as November 14th will be one year ....wow.... I should not have opened that box :)
                    Attached Files

Comment

Re-flew the mechanics today with the swash control links on the outside and I will say there is a major improvement in how it fly's, was even 30k winds today and it handled it perfectly, all settings were identical as before. I thought it flew fine before, but cyclic inputs are much more exact, and required less stick adjustment for corrections. Highly recommend the upgrade too the new setup and arms moved outward. BTW this is with a vcontrol and Neo. Other FBL units ?
                      Just my 2-cents
                      cheers Birdman

Comment

Well another 3 months have passed, and still plucking away at it in my spare time. Have redone some mods in different designs that look and work better.
                        Air pitots are now attached via magnets, spent countless prints trying to use springs and rotation to work to no avail..
                        Have mounted speakers in the nacelles, All wiring also runs in them for the lighting / sound and cooling back to the front junction.
                        Nacelle doors done and mounted, latch works good, just need to redesign the inner holding position a tad so it fits tighter.
                        Have added a second neo controller as channels were getting used up fast, mounted this forward of the chassis as it will just be used for additional channels and more diversity with the 2 extra antennas.
                        Also spent a lot of time working on the rear stab actuation, final solution is I have reprinted the front body sensors and incorporated an air speed sensor into it, I can now use that signal to operate the rear stab, have it move downward in a hover (no airspeed signal) and move up in forward flight (air speed signal) going to be interesting to see how the girl responds when I do a fast flare in forward flight.....May have to add some delay to the servo in that situation.. time will tell.
                        Also printed and added a couple new antennas for the access holes to the rear frame mounts, no not scale but they look ok.
                        Still yet to receive the replacement canopy from Roban, Eawings has kept in touch from motion, which is appreciated, we talked last week, as soon as I do receive I will order up another cockpit for it as going to add motion to the pilots (already printed awaiting assembly) For those interested found a nice simple solution from RC GEEK.... Small platform...2 servo functions...

check it out here

Also looking into "Tiny Circuits" for instrumentation :) looks promising, but a bit of work....

Hope all are staying safe? And had a good summer flying ?
                        Winter blast just went through today, so ski's now on the planes, and helicopters put away. We still have not got permission for indoor flying, so it will be another winter of simming :()

Keep safe, and have a merry holiday season.....May Santa be nice... He already was to me :)
                        New DJI FPV :) Need something to film the maiden.....

Attached Files

Comment

Looks great! Like the speaker setup!

Comment

Hi does any one no if the latest Align 700X mechanics would fit the 700 size scale conversion kit sold by motion RC the jet ranger ,

Comment

I’m currently working on my own 700 Apache build.. I’ve tried finding the info but can’t seem to find anything specific.

1. Can anybody show me a picture of their motor a bearing setup. Mine came with a block and a mount but can’t really figure where this bearing goes. I assume it’s an additional motor support bearing but it’s not in any of the instructions I can see.

2. Reverse direction tail. Should It and what all is involved? Is leaving stock an issue?

3. Motor choice. I have a scorpion 450 and a 560kv will one of those work or should I look into a 500kv?

got plenty of other questions but mostly on scale add ons and I’ll leave that for when this thing is up and running good.

Thanx in advance!

Comment

Originally posted by Shark102 View Post
                                I’m currently working on my own 700 Apache build.. I’ve tried finding the info but can’t seem to find anything specific.

1. Can anybody show me a picture of their motor a bearing setup. Mine came with a block and a mount but can’t really figure where this bearing goes. I assume it’s an additional motor support bearing but it’s not in any of the instructions I can see.

Hard to get a good pic, you should have the block and the spacers i'll see if i can find the install video.....

2. Reverse direction tail. Should It and what all is involved? Is leaving stock an issue?

Reversing the tail is a personal decision, i pissed with trying to do it at the tail and gave up and flipped the direction up front.

3. Motor choice. I have a scorpion 450 and a 560kv will one of those work or should I look into a 500kv?

This is another personal decision, also depends on the esc your using, it does run sweet on the 4525-510kv :)

got plenty of other questions but mostly on scale add ons and I’ll leave that for when this thing is up and running good.

Bring them on, were here to help one another

Thanx in advance!

Comment

install video...

Comment

Originally posted by Shark102 View Post

Thanx in advance!
                                    Just curious...why do you want to reverse the tail direction? I don't have the apache, but is not rotating the scale direction?

Comment

I did just for scale looks......

Comment

Originally posted by sfcfury View Post

Just curious...why do you want to reverse the tail direction? I don't have the apache, but is not rotating the scale direction?
                                        On this Apache the tail rotor rotates in the wrong direction, CCW, the real one rotates CW, up into the main rotor wash.

Comment

Thanx, don’t speak German but that helps a lot.

Comment

Working...
                                          X