X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official Roban 800 Size B222 Snake Eyes Scale Helicopter ARF Thread

B222 Snake Eyes 800 Size Scale Helicopter ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) from Roban - RCH-BE222NG8

Click image for larger version

Name:	master.jpg
Views:	1202
Size:	298.5 KB
ID:	345354

The B222 was the first light commercial twin turbine engine helicopter developed in the United States. Developed as a larger follow on to the popular Model 206, the Model 222 incorporated a variety of state of the art technologies for its time. This included vibration reduction systems, provisions for IFR avionics, and dual hydraulic and electrical systems. The aircraft also had the option to be configured either with skids or retractable landing gear depending on the needs of the user. The 222 is primarily used for corporate transport and emergency medical or utility transport missions, with seating for up to 10 including the pilot. In popular culture, a modified 222 also starred in the Airwolf TV series as a fictional sleek and powerful attack helicopter.

This is the Roban B222 Snake Eyes Scale 800 ARF. A premium scale kit that offers unparalleled detail. From tip-to-tail the B222 body kit displays an accuracy of detail to the real aircraft not normally seen in the RC helicopter hobby.

This kit comes with a fully illuminated scale detail cockpit with illuminated dashboard, joysticks, rudder pedals, aerials, windshield wipers and more. Full rear cabin interiors are included (not installed). Floor and ceiling details can be crafted so once the interiors are installed you have an impressively scaled cockpit/interior.

These scale kits house the cockpit in precisely the right location and the mechanics are built into the engine compartment just like in the full scale version. The B222 really impresses with the highly detailed and accurately scaled down profile.

Features:
    • 2 Blade rotorhead and scale carbon fiber rotor blades
    • 2 Tail blade head and scale carbon fiber tail blades
    • Extremely detailed surface with molded panel lines and rivets
    • Completely illuminated scale cockpit
    • Complete built In / partially pre-installed position lighting system (Controlled via AUX channel)
    • Special CCPM mechanics built in the top section like the full scale
    • Take off weight of 8.5kg (approximately double of a 700 3D helicopter)
    • 1794mm long, 1/8 scale
    Includes:
    • Roban B222 Snake Eyes 800 size scale body
    • Full 800 size helicopter mechanics
    • 2 Carbon fiber rotor blades
    • 2 Carbon fiber tail blades
    • Complete illuminated scale cockpit
    • Complete built in / partially pre-installed position lighting system
    Requires:Important Information - Please Read
    Roban Scale Helicopters are intended for modelers who have advanced level building skills. Both ARF and KIT product formats require you to install your own electronics (ESC, servos, motor, etc). KIT product formats also require you to install your own helicopter mechanics. Because helicopter mechanics can vary greatly in size and shape, you may be required to modify the fuselage slightly (including cutting, drilling, etc.) to achieve a perfect fit. Roban fuselages are all handmade from fiberglass and therefore may have slight variation in tolerances between body panels, doors, or windows. These variations do not affect flight performance and can be easily adjusted by an experienced builder with proper tools. These precautions are intended for novice builders; an experienced modeler should have no issue achieving perfect results with these premiere scale helicopters kits.

Product Specifications:

AGE LEVEL :18 and up
    SKILL LEVEL :expert
    BUILD TIME :4+ hours

Class / Size 800
    Power Type Electric
    Rotor Type Collective Pitch
    Body Material Fiberglass
    Overall Size (L x W x H) 1850 x 580 x 510mm
    Flying Weight 8500g
    Main Rotor Diameter 1660mm
    Main Rotor Blade Length 750mm
    Tail Rotor Diameter 280mm
    Tail Rotor Blade Length 105mm
    Tail Drive Type Torque Tube
    Cyclic Servos 3x Metal Gear
    Tail Servo 1x Metal Gear
    Power System 500Kv Brushless Motor
    Electronic Speed Control 160A High Voltage with EC5 Connector
    Recommended Battery 2x 6S 22.2V 5000 mAh LiPo with EC5 Connector (in series for 12S)
    Battery Compartment Size (L x W x H) N/A
    Required Radio 8 Channel
    Skill Level Expert
    Build Time 4+ Hours
    Recommended Environment Outdoors
    My YouTube RC videos:
    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Is there anyone that might know when Snake Eyes will be back on the market ??

Comment

Originally posted by Lighthorse View Post
      Is there anyone that might know when Snake Eyes will be back on the market ??
      Good luck with that question if it was directed to MRC, they will say, oh we have an order in with Roban but don't know when we will see it, they place an order but have no idea when its shipped or where the order is, it just goes poof and they show up out of no where then you will see them back in stock.

ZY-Hobbies on Ebay has them in stock but you will have to wait awhile to get it because they come directly from China, several guys on here have ordered from them, I haven't yet but plan too, prices are higher, only bad part.

Comment

The problem with the ones on Ebay is you dont know what it is Kit or ARF. The say both in the title. It can only be one.

Comment

The problem with the ones on Ebay is you dont know what it is Kit or ARF. The say both in the title. It can only be one.
          I didn't know Roban sold both?? I thought they were all a kit, all the ones I have bought were all kits but ARF's, so I don't know what to say on that one, do you mean ARF as in they come with everything or ARF as in they still need electronics and all that??? In the specifications they say what's needed to complete them, for those prices it's just the kit, nothing is included as for electronics and all those items.

Comment

ARF (Almost ready to Fly) you need to add Electronics, Kit you need to build, add mechanics and electronics. They did respond to my email. They are ARF. Has anyone purchased from ZYHobby, and are they the same modle as you get from Roban ??

Comment

I like you addiction notice. Im 72 years old and have been in the RC hobby sense the 60's

Comment

I like you addiction notice. Im 72 years old and have been in the RC hobby sense the 60's
                we are old school buddy.

Still not sure on kit versus ARF, I know the difference but you still have to build and modify things usually on these Roban kits, they come painted and the mechanics are put together along with the cockpits but there is still a lot of work involved and yes as far as I know they are the same kits/ARFs as Motion sells.

Comment

Nice, Thanks for the info.

Comment

One guy on here sfcfury has ordered a bunch of parts from them and even a kit, hit him up and see what he says about them.

Comment

Cool Thanks

Comment

I have made 4 orders from them, including the 800 size OH6 Cayuse. They prefer to communicate thru Whatsapp. I have not been disappointed at all with them. They communicate directly with Roban. All of my parts orders have come in less than 10 days from the point it shipped. The big heli took 17 days (and I had some extra parts in that box as well lol). They send pictures to confirm the correct items before they ship and provide tracking numbers where they can. I think I had a tracking number on the big box as well.

I would make a bid on the heli you want- start a few hundred less (but be reasonable lol). Here's that snake eyes:

Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for Snake Eyes 800 B 222 ARF RC Helicopter Fuselage 800 Size Bell222 V2 KIT Version at the best online prices at eBay! Free shipping for many products!

Comment

It posted twice... so I edited out lol...
                          Buy & sell electronics, cars, clothes, collectibles & more on eBay, the world's online marketplace. Top brands, low prices & free shipping on many items.
                          Last edited by sfcfury; Jul 8, 2023, 06:15 AM. Reason: double posted

Comment

There is the man Lighthorse, he just posted everything you needed to know...

Comment

Cool, I am already texting the seller. I will be looking for some build videos if there are any. I do appreciate all the help. I fly mostly SAB Goblins 700+ size. The largest I have is the SAB Maverick 800. https://youtu.be/m8tAiZXoryY

Comment

Cool, I am already texting the seller. I will be looking for some build videos if there are any. I do appreciate all the help. I fly mostly SAB Goblins 700+ size. The largest I have is the SAB Maverick 800. https://youtu.be/m8tAiZXoryY
                                Oh your in for a surprise, once you go scale there is no turning back you know, first it's 1, then 2,3, the collection grows....

Comment

Oh Bloody Heck, Can you believe it? I order the one from China and Motion RC pops up and says they have 4 for sale, and $350 cheaper. Aggg.
                                  And ZY would not budge on the price. Fingers crossed, Ive never delt with ZY before, They havent even shipped it yet.

Comment

Hey guys, a couple of questions, I've been going through the manual just to prepare, and i am seeing use glue a lot or use AB glue.I have been trying to find some build info but to no luck. If someone could let me know what glues they are talking about. They say to not use super glue as it will damage the paint which is true, it will also damage the windows, but they list Cyanoacrylate adhesive as a needed item. and I don't see what they mean by AB glue. To me AB would be something like Epoxy part A part B. But I really don't want to just assume anything. Like what would be best for gluing the windows in.
                                    Also I read somewhere that the battery space was about 4"x7", in the manual, I did not see any reference to it, as even to where it is located. So the batteries must fit side by side?
                                    If there is build info out there could someone please point me in the right direction. The last Scale build I did was in the 80's (Long Ranger 90) so I am a little rusty, but up for the challenge.

Comment

Oh Bloody Heck, Can you believe it? I order the one from China and Motion RC pops up and says they have 4 for sale, and $350 cheaper. Aggg.
                                      And ZY would not budge on the price. Fingers crossed, Ive never delt with ZY before, They havent even shipped it yet.
                                      I just knew that was going to happen to you, I'm sorry for suggestion ordering from ZY, can you ask for a refund really quick if they haven't shipped it yet, looks like it should be okay??
                                      As for building, I use 5 minute epoxy and 30 minute epoxy on mine mixed with a little bit of micro ballons mixed in with the epoxy to fill in cracks or gluing wooden parts that need strength, or CA glue works on the wooden parts too, for windows I use foam tac applied with a toothpick to keep things neatly done, don't use CA glue for any windows, those little tubes of Foam-Tac glue MRC sells work great, you will need some CA glue for certain things but not for gluing the fiberglass parts to fiberglass, epoxy works best and micro ballons mixed in, make sure you sand and clean the surface area on any of the fiberglass parts before gluing anything to it or the epoxy will break loose, as for the painted parts I just use foam tac to glue scale parts to the outside paint, as for batteries, I do believe the batteries are dropped in from the top into the wooden cavity just in front of the motor, looks like they stand on end, look at page 44, I would wait until you build it before ordering any batteries to make sure you have room for the batteries you decide to buy, looks like two 5000 pks won't be a problem but I would wait on that, also your going to need patience building the retracts and getting them all working, some of us a dealt with them Roban retracts on other projects and they are a pain to get working properly, take your time and be ready to do some dremel work on them and get your self a dremel tool anyway if you don't have one already, these Robans kits take some tinkering and dremel work to get things to fit right sometimes, any other questions just ask, were here to help you and make suggestions, there areway more experienced builders than me on here that's for sure so I 'm just making suggestions to you, do what ever is best for you in certain situations as well and what you think will work better, I have built and bought already built about 5 Roban kits and all have flown very well so I think you will enjoy your kit as well, don't be expecting to have it built over night, ARF does not really fit these kits because of so much test fitting and gluing you have to do, also purchase good servos, high end is best with good torque, a good FBL gyro and radio system as well, that will be your choice there, see what others are using, I happen to be using a Futaba radio with KST servos, Microbeast FBL gyros works for me, my buddy introduced Microbeast to me when I first got into these big scale helis and that's all I use now, very easy to set up and work great for me, but there are other choices out there that work great as well as others will chime in I hope to make suggestions as well.

Comment

Hey sounds good, I have most of what is needed, I think I might still have micro ballons. Yeah, I only use
                                        MKS HBL850 (Cyclic) MKS HBL880 (Tail),

The rest of what I use for this project will be
                                        Receiver: SpiritGTR,
                                        Transmitter: JETI DS-12 (Spirit Edition),
                                        ESC: KONTRONIK KOSMIK 210 HV,
                                        Motor: EGODRIFT Tengu 4530HT/510KV
                                        I use the Spirit Rx in all my Heli's and the Jeti has served me very well.

Thanks for the reply. As I said it has been awhile sense I built a Scale Heli, so I am looking forward to this winter project.
                                        I will probably have more questions.​

Comment

Working...
                                        X