X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting back into it, questions !!!

Hey everyone, finally getting back into heli’s after a long break. This past weekend i ended up scoring a Vario Lama (im guessing 1.8m) at a local auction and practically stole the thing.

Trex 600L mechanics, 12t Pinion/112t Main (both helical cut), 800 TT, RMC-BL750MX, CC HV160, CC BEC PRO, BL700H SERVOS, & A SPIRIT FBL. Apparently the previous owner flew this on 10s 4000 and was getting about 8 minutes mixed flying, i am planning 12s 4000 since that is was i have

So a bunch of questions now, lol.

When i flew, i was flying the old ergo 60’s, xcell 90’s etc with flybars. FBL is new to me, does it feel the same as flybar systems (surfaces self centering) , or is it more of a heading hold type feeling ? When going through a basic setup, i noticed when i move aileron/elevator on the cyclic, it takes a few moments for the swashplate to return to center, is this normal, should it happen quicker, is this a setting thing ?I fly jeti and know the spirit integrates with jeti, so not a problem there. What headspeed should i be looking to set in the ESC (geared for around 1900 rpm), what sort of expo should i be using ? Throttle curves, pitch curves (pitch range -2 to +12 ?) I have flown helis in the sims for about 2 years now so not really a concern learning on this big bitch, lol.

Any input/advice is appreciated.

Thanks !​
    Attached Files

Nice score! Not familiar with spirit FBL, depends on how the previous owner setup the unit? Yes it is normal for it to take a sec or 2 too re-center on the bench.
    FBL is a totally different feeling, but then again depends on how it was setup in the FBL.
    Have a look at the spirit settings it is currently set to, save a backup file.

Comment

Working...
    X