X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with Dynam ME 262

Hello everyone, I have the Dynam ME 262 and took it out today and when trying to build speed for takeoff, the right side motor quit.

Checked it out at full throttle while holding onto it and seemed ok. Took it back out to the runway and tried again. Got the same results, right motor cuts out.

Has anyone had this problem? Any ideas as to what's causing it? I did a wattage/amp check and here are the numbers: 1430 watts, and a steady 98 amp draw at full power.

Any help will be appreciated. Thank you..........

Could be heat shutting down the ESC. The Dynam Me262 has little to no cooling for the ESCs.
    The ESCs have thermal shutdown. If they get too hot they disable the motor. If they get even hotter they'll shut down the BEC attempting to prevent a fire.

I chose ti cut large "windows" in the heat shrink over the ESC's heat sinks. Be sure to leave abut 14 inch around the edge to hold the heat sink in place.
    I also attached sticks with rubber bands to hod the heat sinks up s air could get all around them.

Then I drilled in through the gun ports to create inlet air scoops that still looked like the gun ports (paint medium to dark grey)
    Some foam cutting in the battery area t let the air pass on each side of the battery
    And an air exit, minimum 3X the total inlet area through the gun ports behind the wing in the belly of the fuselage.
    FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

one more dynam 262 question... any reason u cant ues a battry for each esc motor.. for more flight time i have good cooling but battery still hot as hell.. around 3 minuts flight then down at about 3.7 volts per cell

Comment

In theory, you could put 2 separate packs in and split the ESCs to not be connected to each other and it would be fine.

In practice,, the result would be the ESCs not hitting LVC at the same time. If that happens at the wrong moment it would instantly snap the airplane into a spin.

Comment

Originally posted by F4ucorsair View Post
          one more dynam 262 question... any reason u cant ues a battry for each esc motor.. for more flight time i have good cooling but battery still hot as hell.. around 3 minuts flight then down at about 3.7 volts per cell
          What kind and age of battery are you using? Maybe you need better, newer, possibly higher C batteries.

Comment

Its a plane with about 3 min flight time at full power You can get 5 min of flying by varying power, still doing most of the same maneuvers. I never got more than 6 min without caching a thermal.

Adding more total battery capacity is not as helpful as you might expect fr gaining flight time. More weight means you need more power just to remain in the air.

Hopefully the new battery technology they are testing (the same leading researcher who developed the LiPo) will hit the market soon since its close to double the energy capacity in the same space and weight.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190704_145907[1].jpg
Views:	74
Size:	269.8 KB
ID:	209415 I use twin 70mm fms 12 blade fans with twin 80 amp escs but I mounted the escs in the nose wheel bay and cut out foam in bulkhead through into fuselage ( not too much) I then installed hole in rear underside of fuselage. I increased air holes via cannons in nose and added extra 2 cannon holes into nose leg area to feed battery. I removed the signal wire from one of the escs so that I only have one bec working so as not to confuse the escs brain( and mine ). I have cg set at 125mm from LE joint, 8% down elevator to throttle mix, HK oloes and retracts, photos attached,flys great, stays cool. Photos attached.

Comment

your 262 looks good also

Comment

Working...
                X