You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Turbine Engines and Turbine Jets offered by Motion RC?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was at SW Jet Rally in Waco, TX this weekend and watched a dealer open a box to an HSD Foamy Thunderbird F-16 and start assembly. In three hours, he was flying it. Very impressive flight although I doubt it's as durable as a composite.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrnflyr View Post
      I was at SW Jet Rally in Waco, TX this weekend and watched a dealer open a box to an HSD Foamy Thunderbird F-16 and start assembly. In three hours, he was flying it. Very impressive flight although I doubt it's as durable as a composite.
      Andy sent me a photo of his new F16 T-Bird from this event and told me it flew very well....(one you are talking about)

There is a lot to say for the foam turbine jets, plus they are less expensive to start out. :0}

Rich

Comment

The x45 is smaller and lighter than the P20, so that could really also be used in 70mm EDF's, but it seems a bit of mission to get a decent amount of fuel into them, and anywhere you can fly a 70mm, you can fly a 90mm so it feels like a bit of a waste maybe...? dunno, lets see what happens in the future
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by RichJ53 View Post

Andy sent me a photo of his new F16 T-Bird from this event and told me it flew very well....(one you are talking about)

There is a lot to say for the foam turbine jets, plus they are less expensive to start out. :0}

Rich
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XUPbaOpu0M&t=90s

I think this may be what you guys were talking about.

Andy
          RC Jetwerx

Comment

Originally posted by RC Jetwerx View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XUPbaOpu0M&t=90s

I think this may be what you guys were talking about.

Andy
            RC Jetwerx
            Nice job Andy!

Looks very nice in the air.... Go T-birds

thanks for sharing
            Rich

Comment

Working...
            X