X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Admiral receiver install question

I just received my admiral RX600 receiver with satellite and was surprised to find no paperwork or instructions. I read that this receiver must be mounted right side up.I could see if it had a gyro but I don't believe this one does.I'm installing this in a 60 glow Aeromaster Biplane and I would really like not to destroy it because of an improper install. Also do I wrap itin foam like the FM receivers or can I stick it with double sided tape

Product manuals are listed on the support tabs of the product pages. Here's the LINK
    Electric power aircraft don't require foam around the Rx's because there is not the vibration to isolate from like an IC engine, double sided foam tape will work fine.
    Warbird Charlie
    HSD Skyraider; FlightLine: Sea Fury; FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, 1700 F4U & F7F and a Fox glider; Freewing: A-6, P-51; VQ: P-39; Dynam: ME-262, FW-190, Waco; ASM A-26; ESM F7F-3; LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150

Comment

Thanks for he reply. The airplane is powered by a 60 sized glow engine.so I assume I should foam around receiver and not double sided tape?

Comment

Sorry I confused you into assuming by thinking you where putting the Rx into a electric powered "60 sized" airframe and mentioning the double sided tape.
        Since you are really using a 60 sized IC engine, I would seriously recommend the ol' school wrapping of foam around the Rx.
        Warbird Charlie
        HSD Skyraider; FlightLine: Sea Fury; FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, 1700 F4U & F7F and a Fox glider; Freewing: A-6, P-51; VQ: P-39; Dynam: ME-262, FW-190, Waco; ASM A-26; ESM F7F-3; LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150

Comment

Ok. After installing and testing the rx600 I've run into a problem.. Everything works normally at first but then the servos begin to pulse through their travel with no input from the transmitter. I sometimes gain control if I cycle the receiver power off then back on. Any ideas ?

Comment

What type of servo's, Analog or Digital ??
            The type will determine how well they play with the Rx's bind frequency of 11ms or 22ms.
            If the Tx is binding to the Rx at 11ms then you need to have digital servos and not analog.
            Warbird Charlie

Comment

Some servos are tower hobbies TS-53 . Not sure if they are analog or digital but I know they are fairly old..How would I tell if the receiver is binding at 11ms or 22ms ?

Comment

You indicate some servos, does that mean not all of them are the TS-53's??
                The 53's are old tech analog.
                The Tx will tell you what frequency it binds to (all Gen2 Spektrum ones will)
                What Tx do you have??
                Warbird Charlie

Comment

I have spectrum Dx6e.

Comment

My prior post was a 2 part question but you only answered one of them
                    The DX6e is an entry level Tx but a heck a lot more capable than the DX6i that I started with.
                    It does not have the ability to connect with 11ms capable Rx's which the Admiral can do, only the Gen2 and above Spektrum units do it.
                    So the bind frequency would not be an issue here as far as a probable cause to pulsing of the servos.
                    I went back and reread your original post. You indicated that you read that the Rx must be mounted right side up.
                    That is only true if it was a stability plus gyro being used on an Tx having less than 8 channels.
                    The RX600 since it is not a gyro based receiver can be mounted in any axis you need.
                    Just wanted to clear up your misunderstanding of how this Rx can be mounted even though it has nothing to do with the pulse issue your experiencing.
                    The only thing that is left to point a finger at is the servos themselves. Maybe time to retire them
                    Best of luck,
                    Warbird Charlie

Comment

Thanks for your help. I’m currently away from my planes and don’t know exactly what servos are in that plane. I found it at a tag sale and am putting it back in flying condition. I got a bunch of planes and equipment there because they were moving,and a lot of it was new never opened. I would have liked to use some of it but you could be right. I will buy some new servos and see if that solves my problem

Comment

The old 72 MHz with crystals used foam to isolate vibration but the new receivers running 2.4 ghz with no crystal are smaller and run hotter. I know Futaba warns against wrapping in foam and I assume admirals are the same. Thus the double sided tape. I’ve been flying these for years with only tape or Velcro, both electric and gas without issue

Comment

Thanks. I’ve removed that receiver until I have more time to play with it.

Comment

Working...
                          X