2000mm Giant Scale B-24 - Olive Drab

You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official 3DP Thread

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Indeed im not 100% sure if mine is amplified or not, but i think it isn't. Its more just a nice thick shielded l cord.

    Comment


    • I found the problem, I didn't set the Baud rate in the repetier program. now I can see the printer and remote functions :):Cool:

      Thanks guys
      AMA 424553

      Comment


      • Awesome! Well im down for the moment, but thats ok gonna get some air time this weekend. I do have the fuselage finished and the mid wing sections done on the pby, also finished the canopy and motor pods. So just ailerons tail feathers and outer wing parts. So 4 prints in total. All are about a day long prints

        Comment


        • I got the firmware updated to Marlin, had a little learning to do there to get the printer to function right. The prints are sharper looking than before and now I can send commands to get it calibrated.. R.
          AMA 424553

          Comment


          • Good times! Would like to see how the prints coming out

            Comment


            • I picked up a second printer finally. :Cool:

              Even though the Prusa MK3 (and now MK3S) is available, I decided to grab a MK2S instead. My first MK2S has been a workhorse, and I wasnt confident with getting the MK3 with the amount of mixed reviews on the prusa forums.

              Build was straighforward and I managed to get everything mechanically aligned on the first shot.

              Comment


              • Right on! Looks good

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Dirty Dee View Post
                  I picked up a second printer finally. :Cool:

                  Even though the Prusa MK3 (and now MK3S) is available, I decided to grab a MK2S instead. My first MK2S has been a workhorse, and I wasnt confident with getting the MK3 with the amount of mixed reviews on the prusa forums. Build was straighforward and I managed to get everything mechanically aligned on the first shot.
                  Ya'll. On your way to building your "Printer Farms"? That is on my 2019 list. I hadn't heard, though have not been reading Prusa forums, that there are some issues with the Mk3 or are the issues with the Mk3S? Best, LB
                  Captain: Got any ideas?
                  F/O: Actually not.
                  — Captain Chesley B 'Sully' Sullenberger III and F/O Jeff Skiles—

                  Comment


                  • I'm figuring I will want a 3D printer considerably larger than the Ender 3 if I'm going to print airplanes, because I don't want to print wings in 6 to 8 pieces.

                    Getting the fuselage down to 2 pieces on a "40 or 60 size" (glow equivalent) model would be nice too
                    FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

                    current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

                    Comment


                    • Hey Ya'll, More 3DPUP Freewing F-4 parts. VIR Leading Edge Panels. No more 3mm LE. :Cool: WooHOO! Best, LB

                      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0047.JPG
Views:	179
Size:	183.1 KB
ID:	179647
                      Captain: Got any ideas?
                      F/O: Actually not.
                      — Captain Chesley B 'Sully' Sullenberger III and F/O Jeff Skiles—

                      Comment


                      • Printed every thing Orange in the pixs, printing the front brace for the printer now. No planes printed yet, I want to make sure it is reliable first. R.
                        AMA 424553

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by RRHandy View Post
                          Printed every thing Orange in the pixs, printing the front brace for the printer now. No planes printed yet, I want to make sure it is reliable first. R.
                          RRH, diggin' it. What a great way to spend Sunday afternoons...3DP printing stuff to make our A/C more betterer.. Best,LB
                          Captain: Got any ideas?
                          F/O: Actually not.
                          — Captain Chesley B 'Sully' Sullenberger III and F/O Jeff Skiles—

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Elbee View Post
                            I hadn't heard, though have not been reading Prusa forums, that there are some issues with the Mk3 or are the issues with the Mk3S? Best, LB
                            I cant summarize off the top of my head, but i know the "debris-sensing" and filament sensors have caused many people failed/stopped prints due to false readings. some other issues with firmwares and bondtech design problems. For the most parts its very polarized, with people either loving their MK3, or having a pile of issues. the New MK3S seems to address several physical design issues based on the newsletter.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by fhhuber View Post
                              I'm figuring I will want a 3D printer considerably larger than the Ender 3 if I'm going to print airplanes, because I don't want to print wings in 6 to 8 pieces.

                              Getting the fuselage down to 2 pieces on a "40 or 60 size" (glow equivalent) model would be nice too
                              unless you will be designing the planes yourself, you will mostly still be printing multiple piece airfrmae sections, as that is how they have been designed. The only way to reduce the part count would be to import the STL files onto a software (blender is free and can be used for this) and merge the pieces together prior to bringing it into the slicer software.

                              Comment


                              • DD. Thanks for the reply. I am sure you've updated the firmware every time it's updated, I did have an issue with the 'hot end' and after some emails, Prusa sent me a new one. I took the original apart and found that the brass nozzle was NOT fully seated to the all-threaded 'wach-a-dealio' and reinstalled the hot end and "BINGO" no problem-o. I had an issue with the sensor, too but I now take it out after I print a roll of filament and blow the crud off, so far so good. Again, love your 'Printer Farm' idea and would buy another Prusa either Mk2 or Mk3 for sure. Best, LB
                                Captain: Got any ideas?
                                F/O: Actually not.
                                — Captain Chesley B 'Sully' Sullenberger III and F/O Jeff Skiles—

                                Comment


                                • Man to be able to print a fuselage in 2 parts, that will have to be a monster printer! The parts for the 64in edge you would need a 36" tall or even 48" printer mine is ~16". The only one i seen taller is 420mm as apposed to my 410mm

                                  Comment


                                  • That would be beast! Doing OK Bro? Spring is almost here! :Cool:

                                    Comment


                                    • Hanging in there, hope to restart on the pby when my new power supply gets in. Ive done 2 coats of polycystic on the hull to make it watertight. So its prept ready to go for water operations

                                      Comment


                                      • Hey guys, this might be a real stupid question so forgive me in advance. Just found out the 3DPUP cockpit for the bubble top 1600mm Corsair is the printer files only (after looking all over like a bone head for the pre-made parts). Don't have a printer and know next to nothing about them, so was wondering where to go to get these pieces made (bet this is not somethiing I cold run over to kinkos for).
                                        Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                                        Hangar: FlightLine-90mm F16 "Wild Weasel", F4 Phantom, F-4 Blue Angel, 1600mm Corsair & Spitfire, Olive & Silver B-24, Stinger 90, Red 80mm Avanti. Extreme Flight-Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, 62" MXS Green, 62" Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair, Red Bull Edge. E-Flite-2-Beast 60's, P2 Bi-Plane, Yak 54, 2-P-51's, Apprentice, 2-Super Cubs w/Floats.

                                        Comment


                                        • Originally posted by Hugh Wiedman View Post
                                          Hey guys, this might be a real stupid question so forgive me in advance. Just found out the 3DPUP cockpit for the bubble top 1600mm Corsair is the printer files only (after looking all over like a bone head for the pre-made parts). Don't have a printer and know next to nothing about them, so was wondering where to go to get these pieces made (bet this is not somethiing I cold run over to kinkos for).
                                          Hugh, Check the "Visitor's Page" There is a message for you. Best, LB
                                          Captain: Got any ideas?
                                          F/O: Actually not.
                                          — Captain Chesley B 'Sully' Sullenberger III and F/O Jeff Skiles—

                                          Comment

                                          Working...
                                          X