You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official 3DP Thread

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Petg wing worked great! Really happy with my F86 now

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Dirty Dee View Post
      Also Elbee here are those settings I was talking about for the "fake" 0.3mm nozzle
      DD, Works like a charm, my friend. Brilliant, Sir. Tango Yuma. Best, LB
      Captain: Got any ideas?
      F/O: Actually not.
      — Captain Chesley B 'Sully' Sullenberger III and F/O Jeff Skiles—

      Comment


      • Nice instrument panel you designed for the Hornet Elbee

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Dirty Dee View Post
          Nice instrument panel you designed for the Hornet Elbee
          DD, Thanks, I hoped someone might get a 'grin' outta the fine detail. Just trying to save a little weight. I've got to get back to building some more Freewing F/a-18C Cockpit parts. Best, LB
          Captain: Got any ideas?
          F/O: Actually not.
          — Captain Chesley B 'Sully' Sullenberger III and F/O Jeff Skiles—

          Comment


          • Hey All, getting started on building some more bits for the F/a 18C 'office'. Best, LB

            Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0095.JPG
Views:	101
Size:	102.6 KB
ID:	215927
            Captain: Got any ideas?
            F/O: Actually not.
            — Captain Chesley B 'Sully' Sullenberger III and F/O Jeff Skiles—

            Comment


            • Hi LB, how o I go about getting this file for my FW F-18?

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Dustman View Post
                Hi LB, how o I go about getting this file for my FW F-18?
                Hey DM, I will post the STL Files for this when I have proven the design, i.e., when I have finished my F-18 and all the parts fit well. The 3DPUP thing has become part of the "hobby" for me and I enjoy it, but it is not something I work on everyday. I understand that you want to add a cockpit to your F-18 and so do I, hence taking the time to build the files. I post designs so whoever wants to print my stuff can and I do it at no cost. Not that there's anything wrong with capitalism, but there's in lies the rub, if I charge you, then I am responsible for the prints and shipping and who knows what else and that takes away from all this being a hobby for me. I hope that I haven't offended you in any way with this, but if you are patient, all will be revealed. Best always, LB
                Captain: Got any ideas?
                F/O: Actually not.
                — Captain Chesley B 'Sully' Sullenberger III and F/O Jeff Skiles—

                Comment


                • Well Hulloo All, Still plugging away, though I am progressing. There are 6 parts in the photo and I think that is what it will take, but hope to make the RH/LH side consoles part of the "Tub". The MB Ejection Seat is a bit tedious and so far has a high part count. Not certain whether to simplify it as most of these are or stick it out and make it a little more detailed with 'Some Assembly Required". In any case, I will keep up the 'good fight'. Best, LB

                  Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0097.JPG
Views:	43
Size:	62.5 KB
ID:	216592
                  Captain: Got any ideas?
                  F/O: Actually not.
                  — Captain Chesley B 'Sully' Sullenberger III and F/O Jeff Skiles—

                  Comment


                  • Looks great Steve.

                    I decided to try out one of lynxman's designs and started printing out the L-39 in ABS. A lof of the fuselage parts need a 300x300mm bed, so I will be needing to split the parts to fit the prusa, or possibly purchase an artillery sidewinder or jgaurora a5s.

                    The smallest fuselage section that fits on the prusa takes 18hours

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Dirty Dee View Post
                      Looks great Steve. I decided to try out one of lynxman's designs and started printing out the L-39 in ABS. A lof of the fuselage parts need a 300x300mm bed, so I will be needing to split the parts to fit the prusa, or possibly purchase an artillery sidewinder or jgaurora a5s. The smallest fuselage section that fits on the prusa takes 18hours
                      Chris, I thank you, Sir. Does the design remind you of another cockpit kit? I am coach-able. Wow, what a great new project for you, I am envious. That is one large 3DP airframe! Do you think that the 'braking system' could be scaled down? Which EDF system will you be using? Best, Steve
                      Captain: Got any ideas?
                      F/O: Actually not.
                      — Captain Chesley B 'Sully' Sullenberger III and F/O Jeff Skiles—

                      Comment


                      • Haven't been doing much printing lately as I've moved up to turbines, but I did print something nice yesterday in ABS. Most turbine engines come with a FOD screen that slides on the front and is held in place with an o-ring. It's a pretty secure fit, but we all know that o-rings dry out and break eventually, especially since I live in a very dry climate. A friend designed a cover that uses existing screws in the nose of the turbine to secure it in place. It's printed in ABS because turbines get hot.

                        These fit most Kingtech turbines except for the very small and very large ones.
                        Pat

                        Comment


                        • CRXMP, Very cool. Are you converting 'foamies' to 'turbine'? Is there a "turbine-based'" forum on this website? Best, LB
                          Captain: Got any ideas?
                          F/O: Actually not.
                          — Captain Chesley B 'Sully' Sullenberger III and F/O Jeff Skiles—

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Elbee View Post
                            Chris, I thank you, Sir. Does the design remind you of another cockpit kit? I am coach-able. Wow, what a great new project for you, I am envious. That is one large 3DP airframe! Do you think that the 'braking system' could be scaled down? Which EDF system will you be using? Best, Steve
                            haha, yup it does remind me of another cockpit set.

                            The braking system might be scale-able, but would need some alterations for different O-rings and servos to operate the cams. I plan to 3d print the 120mm housing and fan that the designer made for the model. He seems to have good efficiency with it, and can get 5 minutes of flights on a 5000mAH 12S setup.

                            Comment


                            • There is a Gas Turbine section under Power Systems. I am not converting any of my EDFs to turbine (like Jan Berg has been doing). But there are some foamy turbines on the market today from HSD and now Global Jet. But for now I'm sticking with composite jets.
                              Pat

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Dirty Dee View Post
                                haha, yup it does remind me of another cockpit set.The braking system might be scale-able, but would need some alterations for different O-rings and servos to operate the cams. I plan to 3d print the 120mm housing and fan that the designer made for the model. He seems to have good efficiency with it, and can get 5 minutes of flights on a 5000mAH 12S setup.
                                Chris, Whoa, you're printing the fan? Which material for that? Amazing to me, though I am easily entertained most days. Best, Steve
                                Captain: Got any ideas?
                                F/O: Actually not.
                                — Captain Chesley B 'Sully' Sullenberger III and F/O Jeff Skiles—

                                Comment


                                • I will be printing in ABS. the one pictures was another RCGroups member who printed in PLA. The original designer printed/flies his in PLA, but he lives up in the arctic circle where it is normally cold.

                                  Comment

                                  Working...
                                  X