Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rifleman_btx
    replied
    Well I have the corsair ready. Hopefully I can get pics and taxi run tomorrow weather permitting

Leave a comment:

• rifleman_btx
    replied
    I may build the nonfpv version as well in different material. For testing purposes

Leave a comment:

• rifleman_btx
    replied
    Its what's called a black wing ebw160, I bought the plans and files for this one to rejuvenate my n9mb project. It is weird to fly but suprising smooth too.

Leave a comment:

• Elbee
    replied
    rifleman_btx, Amazing looking airframe and forgive my ignorance but it's like something out of Germany's WW2 R&D section or an Indiana Jones movie. No vertical. Outstanding. Best, LB

Leave a comment:

• rifleman_btx
    replied
    Did a test flight on this baby, flew awesome. Second flight will be tomorrow with video.

Leave a comment:

• Elbee
    replied
    Originally posted by Dustman View Post
    LB I'm interested in the files you test printed for the Exterior Parts for the FW F-18C. The one thing I like about what you do is that it makes my model unique from all the rest..
    DM, Hey how's your cockpit build going? Pictures? I will post STL Files of the vents, etc when I get back to the fuselage and "correct the sizing". Right now I'm working on painting and lighting the Vertical Stabilizers. I received my graphics from Callie and those are great, so lots to do. Best, LB

Leave a comment:

• Dustman
    replied
    LB I'm interested in the files you test printed for the Exterior Parts for the FW F-18C. The one thing I like about what you do is that it makes my model unique from all the rest..

Leave a comment:

• Hardway
    replied
    Originally posted by Elbee View Post
    3DP Fans, Test printed some Exterior Parts for the FW F-18C. Will mark out positioning on the model and scale the parts to final. I'll post more then with files if there is interest. Best, LB

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0186.JPG
Views:	189
Size:	83.1 KB
ID:	234529
    Great stuff!!! Sorry I missed the post until now!!! Rocking it Bro! Jerry

Leave a comment:

• Prowler901
    replied
    Oh yeah! The amazing Thunder Guppy!😁 I must have one of these.

Leave a comment:

• Dirty Dee
    replied
    Just need to run some airfoil analysis to decide on a wing airfoil before I dive in. Thinking between the Clark YM-15, NACA 2415, and NACA 3712 (close to scale)

Leave a comment:

• e4dragongunner
    replied
    Originally posted by Dirty Dee View Post

Yup, a whole lot of plastic! should have it ready for Jet Jam, hoping to get it maidened march/april

here is the download, the designer also has a salamander for a 120mm EDF:
    https://cults3d.com/en/3d-model/vari...for-120-mm-edf
    You really do amazing things!! Glad you are local and I can sponge off all this greatness in person!! and YES Jet Jam will ROCK!

Leave a comment:

• Dirty Dee
    replied
    Originally posted by e4dragongunner View Post

Hey Dirty Dee.... Apologies if this is obvious?? but is the L-39 3D printed ? Thank man an Looking forward to seeing you at Jet Jam and FV!!
    Yup, a whole lot of plastic! should have it ready for Jet Jam, hoping to get it maidened march/april

here is the download, the designer also has a salamander for a 120mm EDF:
    https://cults3d.com/en/3d-model/vari...for-120-mm-edf

Leave a comment:

• Elbee
    replied
    3DP Fans, Test printed some Exterior Parts for the FW F-18C. Will mark out positioning on the model and scale the parts to final. I'll post more then with files if there is interest. Best, LB

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0186.JPG
Views:	189
Size:	83.1 KB
ID:	234529

Leave a comment:

• Elbee
    replied
    Originally posted by bbaumer View Post
    Ok, I'm ready to buy a new printer, ( or used) , whats the consensus go to printer these days, I'm tech savvy and do my own modeling.
    BB, Great to 'read' your voice, been awhile. You know my choice, Prusa i3 Mk3S, but it's the only one I have ever owned and was my choice after much research at the time. Anyway, I just converted my Mk3 to the Mk3S with a $20 upgrade Hot-end kit from Prusa and changed to a .3mm nozzle (smaller as .4 is the standard). I had to reset the 'first layer height' is all. Amazing detail now, though print times are longer and worth it. I bought the kit to save some bucks and it was an easy build and calibrate. I don't know your demands for quality, but I'm now looking for a second printer which is an SLA resin printer. These produce high detail and the Elegoo looks like the ticket for now. Hope I've helped. Best, LB

Leave a comment:

• bbaumer
    replied
    Ok, I'm ready to buy a new printer, ( or used) , whats the consensus go to printer these days, I'm tech savvy and do my own modeling.

Leave a comment:

• e4dragongunner
    replied
    Originally posted by Dirty Dee View Post
    This thing is showing its size! A bit more filler, spot primering, and sanding but I am almost done with the messiest part of the build.
    Hey Dirty Dee.... Apologies if this is obvious?? but is the L-39 3D printed ? Thank man an Looking forward to seeing you at Jet Jam and FV!!

Leave a comment:

• rifleman_btx
    replied
    Hahaha yeah that's how mine went too, I need to get some ammo and a couple guns too. I need a good .308 bolt gun.

Leave a comment:

• Dirty Dee
    replied
    Originally posted by Hardway View Post
    Awesome job though... I was going to get a printer last year at this time, but spent the money on ammo and beer!!! Maybe
    lol, I was almost the opposite, meant to spend money on ammo and a new gun but spent it on RC planes

Leave a comment:

• Hardway
    replied
    Awesome job though... I was going to get a printer last year at this time, but spent the money on ammo and beer!!! Maybe

Leave a comment:

• Hardway
    replied
    BUFF BUFF BUFF some more, my sanding monkey!!! SAND!!!! Gosh, dude, I feel you Bro.... Done over 400 builds in 36 years!!! Do the math on that ****!!! LOL That is why I love the foamies now... I still owe you my X cell spreadsheet of my birds in the box!!!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X