• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elbee
    replied
    Originally posted by Dirty Dee View Post
    Thanks!

It was radar guys coaming. I am rotating it 90 degrees to print similar to the A10 coaming I made. I think that should do.
    DD, I have not checked if the Front IP fits Radar-Guy's shroud/coaming. I z-cut and printed his coaming in 2 parts vertically. To fit on the OEM part, the foam is removed that is forward of the Front IP, the way I understand it. Print was okay, though thicker in profile. Might check that. Best, LB

Leave a comment:

• Dirty Dee
    replied
    Thanks!

It was radar guys coaming. I am rotating it 90 degrees to print similar to the A10 coaming I made. I think that should do.

Leave a comment:

• Elbee
    replied
    Originally posted by Dirty Dee View Post
    some Elbee and Radar-Guy parts printed with a 0.3mm nozzle and 0.15mm layer height in ABS. The cockpit coaming did not print nicely, so I have to redo that piece in a different orientation.
    DD, Which version or STL File? I want to repair it. Also, Your prints look Outstanding, Sir. Bravo Zulu! Best, LB

Leave a comment:

• Dirty Dee
    replied
    some Elbee and Radar-Guy parts printed with a 0.3mm nozzle and 0.15mm layer height in ABS. The cockpit coaming did not print nicely, so I have to redo that piece in a different orientation.

Leave a comment:

• Elbee
    replied
    Hey F-18C Owners' Society, These are the corrected Canopy Bow Frame STL Files which include the original Bow by Radar-Guy which fits great and the v3 updated version he and I worked on together. The file has a printable 'full-version' and a printable 'parts version' depending on your preferences. As always, let me know through this forum if you have a fit issue or a fix or a version you've modded. I think we are all served when we mod and share a better version of any of these files. Building a better 'mouse-trap' so to speak. Best, LB

[ATTACH]n219625[/ATTACH]

Click image for larger version

Name:	Canopy Bow STL File Images.JPG
Views:	44
Size:	116.8 KB
ID:	219626

Leave a comment:

• Dustman
    replied
    This is the list that Dirty Dee is producing for me at the moment:

"LB_Parachute_Back_Panel_F-18C_0.15mm_PLA_MK3"
    "F18 Canopy Actuator Motor"
    "F-18C Canopy Connecting Rod"
    "F-18C Canopy_Rails_w_Pit_Frame_v4a"
    "F-18C Center Instrument Cluster"
    "F18C Clear Mesh Final v2"
    "F-18C HUD Base w Lens_Camera v2"
    "F-18C HUD Frame v1"
    "F-18C Instrument Panel-Full"
    "F-18C Joystick Full Build v3"
    "F-18C LH Console v4"
    "F-18C RH Console v4"
    "F-18C The_Pit_Final"
    "F-18C Tub_v8"
    "LB Cockpit Set F-18C Throttles"
    "LB Non-Ejection Seat LH Cylinder"
    "LB Non-Ejection Seat Panel at Frame Above Seat"
    "LB Non-Ejection Seat Parachute Strap Print 2 of These"
    "LB_Ejection_Seat_and_Seat_Frame_F-18C_0.15mm_PLA_MK3"
    "LB_Headrest_and_Top_Panel_F-18C_0.15mm_PLA_MK3"
    "FW F-18 90mm - HUD Base"
    "FW F-18 90mm Cockpit Coaming v2"
    "FW F-18 90mm HUD Frames v2"
    "FW F-18 90mm LEX Fence Base v1" 2 of these
    "FW F-18 90mm LEX Fence v1" 2 of these
    "FW F18-Main Wheel Cover v1" 2 pairs

I think these are all the parts from thread 708 to thread #745. I'm not sure this includes anything after it. The printer you mentioned is nice but too expensive for my pocket book. I was looking at the Creality Ender 3/Ender 3 Pro/Ender 5/CR-20 Pro/CR-X/CR-10S Pro 3D Printer DC 24V. What do you think?

Leave a comment:

• Elbee
    replied
    Hey Gang, I just did a quick dry fit of the Canopy Bow and it looks really good; however, it is a bit too tall to allow the OEM Canopy to fully seat to the foam I will remove the offending item from the STL File, mod it and get it back in the STL File asap. Best, LB

Name:	IMG_0142.JPG
Views:	84
Size:	104.0 KB
ID:	219480

Leave a comment:

• Elbee
    replied
    Originally posted by Dustman View Post
    Koool, I gotcha. When I get the first set of parts, I will lay them out and post pic's.
    DM, Go to the Prusa Website and download their Slicer Program, the latest is called Prusa PE, I believe. It is free and will allow you to open and view any STL File. It is good that you see the file and compare that to what part it is. Additionally, check out their printers. I have the i3 Mk3 and love it, but the Mk2S is also a great printer and can be upgraded anytime to the Mk3. The Support Firmware is the key and Prusa updates that frequently. Anyway, any other questions/comments,, let me know. Best, LB

Leave a comment:

• Dustman
    replied
    Koool, I gotcha. When I get the first set of parts, I will lay them out and post pic's.

Leave a comment:

• Elbee
    replied
    So I need to go back to post #761 and recopy that file? All of the files up to post #745 I just sent off to get made a couple of days ago. I should be getting them back in about a week or so.
    DM, No, the only files that were changed were in Set 10a. I inadvertently placed the Shortened RH/LH Console IPs in to the file that should include the Forward Canopy Frame/Bow. If you're referring to the Modified Tub and the Shortened RH/LH Console IPs to send to your 3D Printer guy/gal, either Tub works fine and If you Contact your 3D Printer provider, they can download the newer parts from the forum. Just open the page where the files are and send them the URL of that page, so they can download the files. The newest files are 10a, 10b, and 10c, otherwise nothing else has changed, just a different version of the Tub and shortened IP Panels to fit that design and One (1) new part, the Forward Canopy Bow by Radar-Guy and myself. All is good, Sir. There will probably be some exterior parts coming, we'll see how that goes. Best, LB

Leave a comment:

• Dustman
    replied
    You mean post #756 and recopy that file? All of the files up to post #745 I just sent off to get made a couple of days ago. I should be getting them back in about a week or so.

Leave a comment:

• Elbee
    replied
    Originally posted by Radar-Guy View Post

Thanks, you may get those in #752
    Dustman and Radar-Guy , My mistake on the contents of the Forward Canopy Bow STL File. I have corrected the 10a Zip File in the original post #761, which now includes the right parts. Sorry. Best, LB

Leave a comment:

• Radar-Guy
    replied
    RG I would like a copy of your canopy bow design to. You can never have too many parts........
    Thanks, you may get those in #752

Leave a comment:

• Dustman
    replied
    RG I would like a copy of your canopy bow design to. You can never have too many parts........

Leave a comment:

• Dustman
    replied
    I have just commissioned Dirty Dee from RC Groups to do all the previous parts listed. I guess I will have to go back to him and get these done; no biggie........ I can't wait to get my hands on them! My thanks to you to LE.

Leave a comment:

• Alpha
    replied
    Ooh, just in time! I'll print these tonight. Thanks, Elbee!

Leave a comment:

• Elbee
    replied
    F-18C Hornet Owners' Society, This set, Set 10c contains the LH/RH Console IPs that have been shortened in length to fit the "Tub v2". Confused? Well I am. Anyway, trust me if you print Tub v2 you'll want these or you'll be cutting the others, which is fine. Send some pictures of your prints and builds. Best, LB

[ATTACH]n219259[/ATTACH]

Name:	LH RH Shortened Console IPs.JPG
Views:	81
Size:	84.9 KB
ID:	219260

Leave a comment:

• Elbee
    replied
    Hello Some-more Hornet Owners, This is Set 10b (See 10a in previous post) for the Freewing F-18C and contains the "Modified Tub", If you've already printed the v1, no sweat, as this part only adds a deck behind the Ejection Seat and lowers the center supports for the Front IPwhich adds some forward space in the OEM battery compartment (Note: The v1 does not require different batteries, there is room there) and slightly lowers the center support for the Front IP and Lower Center IP as these are 2 parts. IF needed you can easily 'clip' these your self as the tolerance is close. I will also post the shortened, LH RH Console IPs as two additional files as these are large and cannot be sent in one single file. Any questions/comments, please post those here. Best, LB

Zip Freewing F-18C 11th Scale Cockpit STL Files Set 10b.zip

Click image for larger version  Name:	F18 Tub Enhanced Capture.JPG Views:	0 Size:	117.5 KB ID:	219257

Leave a comment:

• Elbee
    replied
    Please Note: 15/11 1600 CST. The STL File for the Canopy Bow is being modded for a better fit to the foam. See Post #773. Back ASAP. Best, LB
    Please Note: These STL FIles "Set 10a" have been corrected as of 14/11 12 00 CST to include the parts shown. Best, LB

Okie Dokie, Gents & Gentlewomen, These are some more Freewing F-18C Cockpit STL Files, read Set 10a, see 10b in the next post, the parts are the Forward Canopy Frame which turned out to be quite a collaborative effort between Radar-Guy and myself. I would like to see more of this in the 3DP Community. RG shared a file with me and I twisted it a bit, he approved it, and "Viola" we all benefit. The part can be built either as a whole or in separate pieces, nifty, huh! Enjoy. Best, LB

Click image for larger version  Name:	Set 10s.JPG Views:	27 Size:	104.1 KB ID:	219252

Leave a comment:

• Elbee
    replied
    Originally posted by Radar-Guy View Post
    QUOTE=Elbee;n218924]

Frank, You are a gentleman. I thank you, Sir. Best, Steve
    It's my pleasure, Steve. Here is another file you may want to look at. It replaces the stock coaming and accepts 'my' HUD. I'd like to check how your HUD fits into it, but my printer is currently u/s. Perhaps you could check and I will adjust the "HUD tray" accordingly.[/ATTACH][/QUOTE]

Frank, Unreal gorgeous. Great minds think alike is all I can say. I'm just finishing a partial shroud replacement to fit my HUD base. Yep, I'll give it try. Also, I am working an enhanced version of the "Tub" that takes up more space in the Cockpit and less space in the Battery area. A bit closer to scale-look as a benefit. Just hadn't looked at that CAD file for awhile. Post something when I can. Best, LB

Name:	F18 Shroud Capture.JPG
Views:	93
Size:	121.7 KB
ID:	218961Click image for larger version

Name:	F18 Tub Enhanced Capture.JPG
Views:	78
Size:	117.5 KB
ID:	218962

Leave a comment:

Working...
X