X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Boots Whirlygig View Post
    I should get there noonish Friday. Have my motel reservations Fri & Sat nights. I’ll be mostly a bystander, only bringing a couple planes and really haven’t flown since last NEFI. Just got a Mobius but haven’t hooked it to a computer. Do you have to hook it to a computer first or is it ready to go? Will a 64 mb micro/sd work in it?
    It's been a few years with my Mobius, I don't think it's changed. You have to insert your sdcard, download the app. Charge the battery and hook it to your computer to setup with the app you've downloaded.
    Lon

EFlite F-16 80mm, EFite DRACO, EFlite Night Radian, E-Flite P51 1.5m
    Freewing A-10 80mm, F-86 80mm, F-15 90mm, Avanti. FMS DHC-2 Beaver, Fliteline P-38L ,HSD HME-262, HSD F86.

Comment

• Well, here we are in Davenport and it's pounding down rain!!
      We've got a couple of leaks in the trailer but I think we've got it covered, not sure where it's coming in from but I'm not going out in this roaring storm to find out!

Boy, I hope Muncie is better than this, a long way to travel for no flying!

Grossman 56 and Mrs Grossman,
      On the road to Nefi??
      Team Gross!

Comment

• We can fly in the rain, no problem;)
        TiredIron Aviation
        Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• I arrived here at site 3 about 2 hours ago. Weather is absolutely perfect! I'm going to get a few flights in before the sun sets. I hope the forecast is wrong, because it doesn't look great.

Comment

• I hear you, its rained right across the country. If things don't look better in the morning, we're going to call it quits. A long way to drive for bad weather.
            I'll keep you informed, the rain has let up but not quite completely quit,still thunder and lightning...

Grossman56
            Team Gross!

Comment

• It should be passed through by Friday.
              TiredIron Aviation

Comment

• Don't give up Dan. We will be flying. Worst day looks like Thursday at this time.

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post
                  Don't give up Dan. We will be flying. Worst day looks like Thursday at this time.
                  Exactly!
                  TiredIron Aviation

Comment

• Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
                    I hear you, its rained right across the country. If things don't look better in the morning, we're going to call it quits. A long way to drive for bad weather.
                    I'll keep you informed, the rain has let up but not quite completely quit,still thunder and lightning...

Grossman56
                    You are almost there! Go hang out with the guys and the weather will clear for Friday! I wish I could make it up there. Maybe next year? Hang in there! I am thinking positive for ya’ll...

Comment

• Ok, you are not “almost” there. But you have made good progress G man! Good night all!
                      :Cool:

Comment

• Well I'm going to have to forgo this trip.

Comment

• You guys have a great time up there or over there ! WIll try to catch updates on Facebook live
                          Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
                          Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
                          I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

• Sorry to hear MB. George and I got here about 1:30 without incident. Weather is looking better for tomorrow and Saturday.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180621_133643.jpg
Views:	273
Size:	238.5 KB
ID:	137950

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180621_141422.jpg
Views:	294
Size:	259.5 KB
ID:	137951

More to come....

Comment

• If I had a motorhome with A/C I would have made the trip.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mad Baron View Post
                                If I had a motorhome with A/C I would have made the trip.
                                I hate doing the motel thing. Sucks to leave the site just to find a bed, I feel like the party goes on and I’m missing out!

Comment

• I would have got a motel room but I don't really have the money for 3-4 days for a motel. And bunking in my cargo trailer would be uncomfortable with the humidity even with a fan.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mad Baron View Post
                                    I would have got a motel room but I don't really have the money for 3-4 days for a motel. And bunking in my cargo trailer would be uncomfortable with the humidity even with a fan.
                                    Yes I would have liked to spend that motel money on a new plane! The temperature and humidity this weekend in muncie won’t be that bad, in the 60s. You should come!

Comment

• I had my trailer loaded for a Thursday departure but like I said I didn't want to sleep in the trailer. Maybe next year?

Comment

• I’ve been desperately trying to finish my Thud to bring. I’m running in to some major problems with the graphics I’m using, and paint, and it still needs some clear coat. I really wanted it to have a NEFI reveal!:Angry:
                                        Maybe I’ll still bring it, if an experienced hand launcher and competent edf jet pilot would do her maiden for me. Any takers?

Comment

• Did CB arrive OK?

Comment

Working...
                                          X