X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEFI 2018 June 22-24

Just announced...Steve and I plan to go...and I'm taking my little blue Corsair :Devil:
    TiredIron Aviation
    Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Well the good news is there is officially now no conflict with EDF Jet Jam.
    Bad news is I'll be missing TJ's warbird event at the Aero's unless I can convince him(or his sweetie) to move it a week later.
    Back to even better news............. I'll have MUCH BIGGER BIRDS with MUCH BIGGER PROPS :P(insert Muttley laugh here) LOL
    Warbird Charlie
    HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Marking dates for planning....also glad it not Father's Day weekend as in the past.
      Lon

EFlite F-16 80mm, EFite DRACO, EFlite Night Radian, E-Flite P51 1.5m
      Freewing A-10 80mm, F-86 80mm, F-15 90mm, Avanti. FMS DHC-2 Beaver, Fliteline P-38L ,HSD HME-262, HSD F86.

Comment

Going try to make it !
        Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
        Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
        I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

Excellent guys! I had a great time last year getting to meet and fly with other Squawkers like Dan, Charlie, Boots, Ryan and Mike. It was my first big away event and I loved being there. Very laid back and easy going. Lots of good memories.

Comment

Well, won't make it this year!:Angry: As NEFI has traditionally been the weekend before, we sanctioned our warbird event on the 23rd. We can't reschedule because there are other events that would conflict on the other weekends around this one.

Well, we'll still have a good time. So, any northeastern warbird pilots that can't make it to NEFI, come on by Warbirds Over Chenango Bridge on June 23rd.

Comment

I plan on being there! Got a new trailer to haul my Squadron!

Comment

Awesome! Look forward to meeting and flying with you.

Comment

Looking at the AMA IAC Calendar, I see the RC Scale Nats are the same weekend over on Site 4. Better book your hotel rooms soon.

Comment

Well guys, it's coming up quickly now!!
                    I'm sure going to miss hanging with the gang this year and will be thinking of you all.
                    Hope someone takes a lot of pictures so we all can see what a great event and good time you all have.
                    Don't forget the videos too!!

Grossman56
                    Team Gross!

Comment

Team Gross will be greatly missed. I had a great time with you two, and will always remember you hiking a mile in search of my Opterra, and your better half shutterbug catching all the action!

Comment

Originally posted by Boots Whirlygig View Post
                        Team Gross will be greatly missed. I had a great time with you two, and will always remember you hiking a mile in search of my Opterra, and your better half shutterbug catching all the action!
                        Your right Boots. Without Diane here, I'm predicting a boatload of pics will be not taken to remember the event.:(
                        She was always inconspicuously grabbing some great angles.:Cool: I was always amazed to see shots that I later said to myself, "where the heck was I not to see that? ".
                        Warbird Charlie
                        HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

SOOOOO.......
                          We're out talking in the she shack (The garage becomes the she shack he hangar in the Spring/Summer/Fall)
                          And the wife gets talking about Nefi...............
                          So, she says that if we get there in Thursday night and leave Sunday morning, she's in:Cool::Cool::):Sun::Stars::Gift::Win::Win::Kiss: :Kiss::Kiss::Balloon::Balloon::Heart::Heart::Heart ::Heart::bluetongue:bluetongue:bluetongue:bluelove :bluelove:bluelove
                          So, for now, it looks like we WILL show up for Nefi !!!

There is a GOD !!!!!:Rainbow::Rainbow:

Grossman56
                          Team Gross!

Comment

Team Gross! Way to go!

Comment

EPIC!!!

Comment

Still getting over the shock!!
                                Put in for the time off lastnight and that still has to be cleared. The truck just got a good going over so she's healthy.
                                So the big question is:Confused:.....What airplanes to take this year:Thinking:???
                                The dilemma everyone faces at this point.
                                The 1600mm Spitfire, for sure:Cool:. The Avanti, the Bearcat the Tomahawk and La Patrona. That should round it out nicely.
                                CB, you'll get to check out the mod on her. I'll tell you right off the bat, the motors are noisier! She has a growl:devious to her now, kinda cool!!
                                Geez, this is going to be a busy month, we're going camping on the May 28th long weekend (over to Bannack, Montana which is an old Gold mining ghost town, check out Ghost adventures) The club cleanup is the first weekend of June and the Fly In is June 9-10. Then we leave for NEFI the Monday next.

Whew:Whew:
                                Team Gross!

Comment

I'm scrambling to have one of the BIG birds ready(like the ESM Tiger) but I'm not gonna get freaked out if not.
                                  Still have a bunch others, just the same dilemma of picking which ones.
                                  So Dan, can I say that my sweet talking Diane's photog skills was the game changer LOL
                                  Warbird Charlie

Comment

She says, "No, but I thank him for it, I just love my honey and know his passion."
                                    Team Gross!

Comment

The time off is cleared!! No hurdles left so its on.:):) Just registered to make it official as well!
                                      Two big birds to bring this year, but it should be okay, pulling the wings on the Spitfire is pretty straight forward and La Patrona rides on the bed like the queen she is.
                                      Was thinking of taking five, but I just can't not bring Shangrila as she was the only P-51B there last year, so I'll squeeze in six like last year.
                                      Now the trick is to NOT lose a Bearcat right off the bat and a P-40 shortly after and not screw up the front gear on the Avanti............
                                      HMMMM, now exactly why am I going.....................:Confused:
                                      Oh Yeah..........:Ligthbulb:

'CAUSE IT'S SO MUCH FUN !!!!!!!!! :Cool::Cool::Cool::Cool::Cool:
                                      Anyone in the area, read one or two states over, don't miss this, you'll get addicted very quickly.
                                      Heck, it's a four day trip for me so don't whine about the distance!!!:Crying2:

Ya Comin'???

Grossman56
                                      Team Gross!

Comment

BTW, those who ARE coming, bring your State flag, that would be too cool!!
                                        Team Gross!

Comment

Working...
                                        X