Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very cool George!! Keep it up Bro!! Blessings to you all!:):Cool:

Comment

• The best video yet of my Freewing F-4J taken at NEFI. Fantastic job putting this together Captain Mike and James.

Comment

• [QUOTE=RCjetdude;n140950]The best video yet of my Freewing F-4J taken at NEFI. Fantastic job putting this together Captain Mike and James.

RCJETDUDE!, Great Video! Love the burner with the dark cloud background. You did an outstanding job on your VF-84 F-4 Phantom II. Kudos. Best, LB

I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
        ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
        ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Looks great Steve, ah yes, I remember it well!!

Grossman56
          Team Gross!

Comment

• I was contacted to post here about my Convair 340. It's scratch built balsa. My grandfather and I co-built it. He developed the plans from 3-views and photos. It's several years old now (2012-2013), flying well still. Nose was rebuilt after a wreck at Joe Nall two years ago from my Hitec Aurora radio having a brown-out/blackout, was lucky it flies well enough that it fail-safed relatively gently into the long grass beside the runway.

Specs:
            74" Wingspan
            56" Fuselage
            9lbs AUW
            40oz/ft wing loading
            ----------------------------------------
            2-Turnigy G32 motors 770KV
            2- Turnigy Plush 60amp ESC
            1- LSD 6.0 V 2200mah NiMH Receiver battery
            2- Turnigy 14.8v 2200mah 40C Batteries

1- Turnigy Small plane lighting system (only used nav and beacon)
            -----------------------------------------

2- Turnigy 620DMG servos for ailerons
            3- HexTronic HXT 10KG servos for Elevator, Rudder/Steering, and Flaps.
            3- Heavy duty Metal Trunion Servoless Retracts

Graphics by Callie
            Livery done with Monokote.

Flies for about 5-6 minutes comfortably at 1/2 power. Scale takeoffs are around 1/2-2/3 power.

I would have flown it more at NEFI but didn't like the gusty crosswind.

There is an old build thread for it on RCG and some old videos on youtube.

Build Log 74" Convair 340 RC Airliners (Commercial, Cargo, Troop Carrier)

Comment

• Originally posted by jdlilfan View Post
              I was contacted to post here about my Convair 340. It's scratch built balsa. My grandfather and I co-built it. He developed the plans from 3-views and photos. It's several years old now (2012-2013), flying well still. Nose was rebuilt after a wreck at Joe Nall two years ago from my Hitec Aurora radio having a brown-out/blackout, was lucky it flies well enough that it fail-safed relatively gently into the long grass beside the runway.

Specs:
              74" Wingspan
              56" Fuselage
              9lbs AUW
              40oz/ft wing loading
              2-Turnigy G32 motors 770KV
              2- Turnigy Plush 60amp ESC
              1- LSD 6.0 V 2200mah NiMH Receiver battery
              2- Turnigy 14.8v 2200mah 40C Batteries

1- Turnigy Small plane lighting system (only used nav and beacon)
              -----------------------------------------

2- Turnigy 620DMG servos for ailerons
              3- HexTronic HXT 10KG servos for Elevator, Rudder/Steering, and Flaps.
              3- Heavy duty Metal Trunion Servoless Retracts

Graphics by Callie
              Livery done with Monokote.

Flies for about 5-6 minutes comfortably at 1/2 power. Scale takeoffs are around 1/2-2/3 power.

I would have flown it more at NEFI but didn't like the gusty crosswind.

There is an old build thread for it on RCG and some old videos on youtube.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...74-Convair-340
              I had hoped this inquiry would find it’s way back to me...
              I only have 3view drawings, and have wanted to build a Convair for a long time. Dad flew one as Air Force 2 for LBJ and I have always liked the lines of that bird.
              Anyway, congrats on your successful build and a big Thanks for the info. Hopefully I can get mine underway when I get this current project done.
              This will be my Convair C-131, ser. # 55-42812.
              Thanks again and may our paths cross on the flight line someday.
              Michael Hemmingsen

Comment

• and to whoever got the word out, you have my deepest Thanks as well.
                “The Major” passed away in 2010, so this build will be quite special.

Comment

• Originally posted by F22trainer View Post
                  and to whoever got the word out, you have my deepest Thanks as well.
                  “The Major” passed away in 2010, so this build will be quite special.
                  Your welcome! ;)I thought I had video of Ryan's Freewing Fiat G.91 and unfortunately I am terrible remembering names but thankfully Ryan recently joined the TIA Facebook group so I contacted him about the interest here for the Convair. Thanks Ryan and welcome to HobbySquawk!

Comment

• Originally posted by F22trainer View Post

I had hoped this inquiry would find it’s way back to me...
                    I only have 3view drawings, and have wanted to build a Convair for a long time. Dad flew one as Air Force 2 for LBJ and I have always liked the lines of that bird.
                    Anyway, congrats on your successful build and a big Thanks for the info. Hopefully I can get mine underway when I get this current project done.
                    This will be my Convair C-131, ser. # 55-42812.
                    Thanks again and may our paths cross on the flight line someday.
                    Michael Hemmingsen
                    Nice man! The model posted looks really nice. My grandfather worked on the DC-3 and CV-340 for Lake Central starting in 1960. He was an A&P/ Line MX. Was a really special build for me so I don't fly the plane very often.

Comment

Working...
                    X