X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warbirds Over Chenango Bridge June 23

The Binghamton Aeros are hosting Warbirds Over Chenango Bridge at the scenic and historic Chenango Bridge Airport near Binghamton, NY
    Come fly your warbirds from a full scale private airport. Nice close cut grass runway with wide open flying area. All size and type warbirds welcome. Anything from military gliders to turbine jets. No Landing Fee. Current AMA or MAAC required. Current turbine waiver required for turbines.
    RV camping sites available, no hook-ups. Early arrival on 6/29 OK after noon. Overnight hanger storage available for 6/29. Reg open at 8am. Electric flying starts at 9am, wet fuel starts at 10am. For more info, contact CD Tony Jensen, tjravenpilot@gmail.com or 607-644-6873. Pre-register at www.rcflightdeck.com
    Roger’s Roaming Restaurant will have great food available.
    GPS Coordinates (Lat/Long): 42.19174, -75.84131

****** NEW DATE JUNE 30th *******

Hey! That looks like Charlie's blue B-25, (sorry CB, couldn't recall the navy designation)
    Sure would love to hit some of these events, always so far away........

Grossman56
    Team Gross!

Comment

Yepper ......it's the PBJ-1 on a presentation pass that was shot at last years Festival of Giants that TJ hosted.
      Wish these event date things could of worked out better.
      Would luv to be at Tony's event but I can't forsake the 4 days of NEFI.
      However.......backup plan is if forecast looks like a washout for NEFI, I'll just shelve the 600 mile run and do the one day local.;)
      Warbird Charlie
      HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Originally posted by OV10 View Post
        Yepper ......it's the PBJ-1 on a presentation pass that was shot at last years Festival of Giants that TJ hosted.
        Wish these event date things could of worked out better.
        Would luv to be at Tony's event but I can't forsake the 4 days of NEFI.
        However.......backup plan is if forecast looks like a washout for NEFI, I'll just shelve the 600 mile run and do the one day local.;)
        When I was planning the event, I intentionally kept NEFI in mind. I looked at the dates for the last two years and noticed it was Father's day weekend. So I figured I'd be safe going the weekend after. Then Jay moved the date. I was planning on going to NEFI too. Not now. Well, we'll have fun anyway:Cool:. It'll give the local guys that can't make NEFI something to do. We've already got guys from 4 states committing to come. Many giant scale.

Comment

I know you tried your best bud........It was Jay that tricked us ;)
          Warbird Charlie
          HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

OH NO.............TJ, WBNG TV just announced a major conflict with your event.:(
            Greater Binghamton Airshow returns to Broome after four years.
            Warbird Charlie

Comment

A reschedule might work for you CB!!

Grossman56
              Team Gross!

Comment

Originally posted by OV10 View Post
                OH NO.............TJ, WBNG TV just announced a major conflict with your event.:(
                Greater Binghamton Airshow returns to Broome after four years.
                Yep, saw that commercial last night and said.*&^%##**.....well you know. Good news is it looks like Warbirds Over Chenango Bridge will be moved to June 16th. Just have to get club member OK and official sanction date change. How's that date for ya WBC??

Comment

Originally posted by Twowingtj View Post

Yep, saw that commercial last night and said.*&^%##**.....well you know. Good news is it looks like Warbirds Over Chenango Bridge will be moved to June 16th. Just have to get club member OK and official sanction date change. How's that date for ya WBC??
                  The 16th works awesome for warming up the radials for NEFI. :Cool: Heck, that clears your flight deck for a 600 mile launch. ;)
                  Warbird Charlie

Comment

OK guys, The date has now been set for June 30th. Hopefully, several Squawkers can make it.:Cool:

Comment

Hopefully I've got some birds remaining after the NEFI rampage LOL
                      Warbird Charlie

Comment

Warbirds Over Chenango Bridge June 30th

Just a reminder fellow Squawkers
                        The Binghamton Aeros are hosting Warbirds Over Chenango Bridge at the scenic and historic Chenango Bridge Airport near Binghamton, NY
                        Come fly your warbirds from a full scale private airport. Nice close cut grass runway with wide open flying area. All size and type warbirds welcome. Anything from military gliders to turbine jets. No Landing Fee. Current AMA or MAAC required. Current turbine waiver required for turbines.
                        RV camping sites available, no hook-ups. Early arrival on 6/29 OK after noon. Overnight hanger storage available for 6/29. Reg open at 8am. Electric flying starts at 9am, wet fuel starts at 10am. For more info, contact CD Tony Jensen, tjravenpilot@gmail.com or 607-644-6873. Pre-register at www.rcflightdeck.com
                        Roger’s Roaming Restaurant will have great food available.

Come on by for some fun!
                        GPS Coordinates (Lat/Long): 42.19174, -75.84131

Comment

Dang, how come all the great events come with a week of driving!!:Crying:

Grossman56
                          Team Gross!

Comment

Working...
                          X