Motion RC Gift Cards - The Perfect Gift!

You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Perry GA Swap Meet Mar 1-3

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Perry GA Swap Meet Mar 1-3

It looks like no one else is going

I’m going :f4phantom​​​​​​ Hopefully one day we’ll find a booth from Motion RC in one of the pavilions.....That would be amazing!

Comment

I'm going Saturday. :Cool:
      AMA 424553

Comment

Originally posted by CarlosB View Post
        I’m going :f4phantom​​​​​​ Hopefully one day we’ll find a booth from Motion RC in one of the pavilions.....That would be amazing!
        I don't know What to expect, been to toledo but never Perry

Comment

I haven’t been to the Toledo meet (yet) so I can’t compare with Perry. In The Perry meet they have three very large pavilions. If I had to guess I would say that the ratio between private sales to commercial vendors would be in the 30:1 range. My personal strategy is to carry with me a list of planes or items that I’m after, including the prices that I would pay a regular retailer elsewhere. That way I (usually) can stay “fosused” and not pay more than I expected to. Still, this is a huge “flea market” so once you exchange money and walk away......it’s yours. Never had a bad experience there but y’all need to keep this in mind. Otherwise, I’ve been going for years and will continue to do so till I run out of “hangar space”.

Comment

Originally posted by CarlosB View Post
            I haven’t been to the Toledo meet (yet) so I can’t compare with Perry. In The Perry meet they have three very large pavilions. If I had to guess I would say that the ratio between private sales to commercial vendors would be in the 30:1 range. My personal strategy is to carry with me a list of planes or items that I’m after, including the prices that I would pay a regular retailer elsewhere. That way I (usually) can stay “fosused” and not pay more than I expected to. Still, this is a huge “flea market” so once you exchange money and walk away......it’s yours. Never had a bad experience there but y’all need to keep this in mind. Otherwise, I’ve been going for years and will continue to do so till I run out of “hangar space”.
            Never been there, wasn't aware it was that big. Personally I will be in the onsite campground. planes, engines, servos, recvr's, lipos, 2 transmitters and lots of misc.

Comment

Originally posted by Corsair 167 View Post

Never been there, wasn't aware it was that big. Personally I will be in the onsite campground. planes, engines, servos, recvr's, lipos, 2 transmitters and lots of misc.
              With over 1,000 tables sold to modelers and the 300 vendors in attendance you can pretty much find something for everyone if you’re looking to buy in the 120,000 square feet of exhibition space. Over 2500 spectators pass through the gates to browse so if you’re looking to sell you have a pretty large audience. Also, the exhibition space doesn’t count the large number of folks still selling out of their cars and trucks, just like the very first GAMA swap meet!
              The Southeastern U.S. is home to a number of major events and just as the flying is getting started in earnest, if you need to stock up on parts or even

It's phenomenal. The first time I attended I went buy crazy and took home 16 airplanes!

Comment

Originally posted by davecee View Post

The Southeastern U.S. is home to a number of major events and just as the flying is getting started in earnest, if you need to stock up on parts or even

It's phenomenal. The first time I attended I went buy crazy and took home 16 airplanes!
                WOW, I only have 5..................all I know is one is not enough

Comment

Originally posted by Corsair 167 View Post

WOW, I only have 5..................all I know is one is not enough
                  Don’t worry, Perry is a really good place to remedy that problem ;)

Comment

Working...
                  X