You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

October 13th 5th Annual Warbirds over Grapevine- A Fundraiser for Snowball Express

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can stay with us if I can shovel a few planes out of the way so you can have a place to lay your head!!! :):Cool:. I counted 43 in the house the other day.... My wife wants them cleaned up by Christmas!!! I better build a shop fast!!!

Comment

Yes you do Alpha the weather forecast is kinda iffy but I’m still planning to make the trip.

Comment

I am still planning on going as well, but the forecast is getting increasingly worse. Definitely be sure to pack an umbrella!

Comment

Originally posted by F106DeltaDart View Post
          I am still planning on going as well, but the forecast is getting increasingly worse. Definitely be sure to pack an umbrella!
          I was going to spend the night on Friday at a hotel, but now I am leaving early Saturday AM. Unless it is just flooding, then I will send the monetary stuff directly to the Express.... But I really want to go!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Hardway View Post
            I was going to send the night on Friday, but I am leaving early Saturday AM. Unless it is just flooding, then I will send the monetary stuff directly to the Express.... But I really want to go!!!!!!
            Hrdwy, Tamms and I were coming down, but the weather has changed that for us. We just got back from CO moving a daughter to Castle Rock. Today was scalp yard, over-seed, fertilize, and turf where the blankety-blank crabgrass moved in. Disappointingly there is simply not enough time to get ready to visit South. I do apologize, truly wanted to do the 'meet and greet' with Ya'll. Soon Brother! Best, LB
            I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
            ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
            ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Im on my way rain or shine I’ll be there at the field after noon Friday.

Comment

I’m here in Dallas I’ll see you guys tomorrow afternoon.

Comment

Hi Everybody,

With a near 100% chance for heavy rain tomorrow, we've decided to cancel the event. It would not be fair to Snowball Express , the main reason we do this. We'll save the great raffle prizes donated by MRC and others.

We will reschedule for 2019 so look for a future date.

If you're already in Texas, Mike and Ryan are here.

Best,

Dave
                  Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
                  Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
                  I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:( Let us know when!! Thanks Dave.....

Comment

Will do. I'm as disappointed as you are. I held out as long as I could because as you know in Texas, the forecast can change quickly. Unfortunately, this is part of a large system.

So now we have to take Ryan and Mike bowling ! - LOL
                      Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39

Comment

The Panhandle is forecasted for snow on Sunday, so go figure!! Take them Texas Bowling. For every frame that results in LESS THAN a strike, you must have a tequila shot..... LOL Gutter balls are a beer and a shot!!

Comment

The Panhandle is forecasted for snow on Sunday, so go figure!! Take them Texas Bowling. For every frame that results in LESS THAN a strike, you must have a tequila shot..... LOL Gutter balls are a beer and a shot!!
                          That sounds brutal unless you are a really good bowler.

Comment

Sad to see that the forecast has held true. If the weather holds today, are you going to do any flying this evening? Tomorrow might make a good day to go through the frontiers of flight museum..

Comment

Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post

That sounds brutal unless you are a really good bowler.
                              A bowling trip you will never forget......er, or remember!!!!! LOL I am kind of bummed. I was going to try and do the public unveil Saturday of the Royal New Zealand Airforce A-4.... But, now I can slow down and relax today and get ready for the cold weather that is coming!!

Comment

The A-4 needs some weathering anyway, and the pool needs to be backflushed and chemicals added before winter....

Comment

I'm saddened to hear about the cancellation, Dahawk, I know you and your team work so hard for this event and to support Snowball Express. It's tough thinking that actual snowballs might be falling in the panhandle. I hope the raffle prizes we donated can be put to good use for such a great cause at a future event. In the meantime hopefully Mike and Ryan can have fun bowling or indoor flying or keep the support going for Snowball Express through their media spotlight. There's always a silver lining somewhere!
                                  Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Bravo Zulu Alpha,

We're most appreciative of MRC's participation in this important veteran fundraiser. We're going to inventory all the nice goodies ( currently in my foyer) in an air conditioned room and save for next year. I'll be working on a 2019 date soon.

Again, thanks for all of your support ! Now get me a grey fuse for my VF-111 Phantom- LOL

Dave

Comment

Or odd man out, open frame buys

Comment

Originally posted by dahawk View Post
                                        Bravo Zulu Alpha,

We're most appreciative of MRC's participation in this important veteran fundraiser. We're going to inventory all the nice goodies ( currently in my foyer) in an air conditioned room and save for next year. I'll be working on a 2019 date soon.

Again, thanks for all of your support ! Now get me a grey fuse for my VF-111 Phantom- LOL

Dave
                                        You're the tip of the spear driving the effort for Snowball Express' noble mission, we're just happy to help where we can!
                                        Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post

Or odd man out, open frame buys
                                          I do have lots of challenge coins. We'll be flipping tonight ! Used to be if you didn't have one with you you bought an entire round

Comment

Working...
                                          X