You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

October 13th 5th Annual Warbirds over Grapevine- A Fundraiser for Snowball Express

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indeed! Pull the rack!

Comment

Originally posted by dahawk View Post
      I do have lots of challenge coins. We'll be flipping tonight ! Used to be if you didn't have one with you, you bought an entire round
      dahawk, 1986, my first introduction to 'the tap, tap, tap, tap, tap...'. O-Club and that cost me $4.25 for the room, Bud Longnecks were a quarter and then I was given my first coin; still have it. Good-times. Best, LB
      I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
      ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Originally posted by Elbee View Post

dahawk, 1986, my first introduction to 'the tap, tap, tap, tap, tap...'. O-Club and that cost me $4.25 for the room, Bud Longnecks were a quarter and then I was given my first coin; still have it. Good-times. Best, LB
        Ha!!! .25 cents. Remember those days. If they were a 1.00, you were at a "restaurant" or were at a gentleman's establishment... LOL Not that I went to those...……. :Silly: Glad you made the decision to stay put for this trip.... Would love to see you and yours, but the weather is no being our buddy!!! Taking my little girl (9) to the Cajun place to play a few games in the arcade. My wife is driving and I am having a few double Bloody Mary's and some jambalaya to go.... Rain here. Blessings to your and yours bro! Jerry

Comment

Yeah i was gonna be headed out around 430 am to get out there in the morning. Would have been a long, yet fun day

Comment

I was going to see where you were staying or if you were driving back. I was going to bring a tent or do a hotel and you could have stayed and went home Sunday.... Oh well!! Next time!!! Night Bro! I am really kind of glad that I don't have to drive in the rain early.... Sad about the show though....

Comment

My thinking exactly bro! All around

Comment

So after the event got canceled on Friday Anthony Flying Ant took us to the North Dallas RC field. We flew between showers on their paved runway and had a blast. Thanks Anthony for showing us a great time.

Comment

Nice! Way to go, Anthony. Texas Hospitality!
                  Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

As forecasted today, its what we call a " Frog Strangler" The full scale show featuring the USAF Thunderbirds was also canceled. I live about 5 miles from Alliance Airport and yesterday at about 3PM there was a window ratteling roar of 5 F-16's taking off with full AB. Wife thought it was an explosion. Was awesome!

Hopefully, we'll be able to get some more flight time in at Anthony's N Dallas club. Promised Ryan he could maiden my new Red 9 blade AvantiS.

Captain Mike and Pilot Ryan will be broadcasting live tonight from the corporate headquarters of RCjetwerx. Tune in to the RC Pilot Lounge on YouTube at 8PM CT / 9 PM ET

Informative and Entertaining as usual.
                    Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
                    Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
                    I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

Was fun hanging out with Farmflyer, The Flying Ant, Waytooslow, Andy from RCjetwerx and of course Pilot Ryan and Captain Mike yesterday at Anthony's nice paved field. Nice day, no rain. All in all a great weekend despite having to cancel our fundraiser for Snowball Express.

Here's a Maiden of my Red Avanti by Pilot Ryan . Captain Mike also got to fly her and yes, I got to fly her. Really impressed with this plane. I had a Stinger 90 at one time and sold it to help fund the A-10. The Avanti S can fly circles around the Stinger and the Stinger 90 is no slouch at all . Also extremely impressed with the slight mods made in this rendition. The 3550 1900kv 9 blade outrunner with 100 amp esc is everything promised in terms of efficiency and performance.

Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
                      Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
                      I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

Always great hanging out with all of you. We flew a ton of planes, none of them our own so thank you very much for allowing Mike and I to play. Bummer about the rain out Saturday but Friday and Sunday were great and we filmed it all. Stay tuned to the Pilot Ryan and Captain Mike Youtube channel to see it all over the next few weeks.

Comment

Ryan and Mike I’m glad you guys made it home ok. When I left the field at 4:30 to head home it was 74 degrees when I got home at 9:00 it was 38 with a wind chiller 26. That was quite a shock to the system and yes there was snow within 50 miles north of the house. I have to tell you all that this weekend was the best time I have ever had flying RC it is just too bad the event had to be canceled. I saw so many different kinds of planes including the nitro and gas planes it was amazing. The turbine jet was “Dope” but my personal favorite was the giant scale Corsair that flew I think before you guys got there Sunday. I would also like to thank Anthony and the other members of North Dallas RC Club for being so welcoming and gracious to allow us to invade their airspace. The guys we met there were a blast to fly with.

Comment

Looking forward to the 2019 Event. Time to start planning to attend! Hope to see everyone there this year. :Cool:

Comment

Originally posted by Sky Wolf View Post
                              Looking forward to the 2019 Event. Time to start planning to attend! Hope to see everyone there this year. :Cool:
                              Good to hear from you!!! Where has DAHAWK been? Is everyone doing OK?

Comment

You know I’ll be there hopefully we will have decent weather this year and more people will come.

Comment

Hey there guys! Dahawk started a new position at work and is traveling a great deal. We've both been out of pocket with work. So, so sorry for the low communications on the Squawk over the past few months.

Thanks for representing Texas with us again this year. Hopefully the weather will agree with us this year at Warbirds over Grapevine!

Comment

Working...
                                  X