X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any airplane...

Short notice, but “Yawn@Dawn” Fly In at AMPS in Phoenix, 6/16/2018.
    I’ll post up more info if there is interest.

Join Us For Our Exciting AIRSHOWS This Year! Arizona Model Pilots Society, Inc., est. 1980 AMA GOLD Chartered - FAA FRIA Club

Yawn@Dawn this Saturday feel free to stop in anytime beginning at 5:30 AM.
    A last minute event as most of the club has headed North for the summer...
    :Sun:

Comment

I'll be there... most likely in spectator mode.. but I'm so there! :Cool:
      Dynam; E-Flite; Freewing

Comment

Looks like I’ll get a “warm up” tomorrow morning. Must take the Balsa “Mean Green Machine”

Comment

Some pictures from the event, on a rare cloudy day in Phoenix making it rather nice. Also a short video link, Dave’s Fokker D-7 landing into the breeze and fighting the weathervane trying to taxi back.
          Very nice breakfast was also served and BluesDragon took a break from moving to stop in - I think we’ll be seeing him fly soon as Woodstock II sat on the ramp to watch the fun.

Comment

Was a good time! The weather was just about perfect even. Overcasty with some threatening rains (more like drizzles) in the background. The winds did catch up to the field around 8am(ish), but otherwise a beautiful morning. Was great to hang out with F22trainer, as well as meet a few other members of AMPS Field. I'm thinking it will be perfect as my new home field. Especially being 15 minutes from home! Anyhow...
            I apologize for the quality of what pics I did get. I didn't take my camera with me and had to use my phone. I did get a few decent shots to share though. I also didn't think to bring along paper monies for the raffle. F22trainer did good with his rap sheet of raffle tickets. He scored himself a nice little foamie.
            Dynam; E-Flite; Freewing

Comment

I did get a kick out of flying the balsa “Mean Green Machine” On first flight with no wind. I broke that wooden prop and the cheap scale sized tailwheel last time out and replaced it with a 9 x 6 spare from the Carbon Cub along with a Sullivan .20 size tailwheel which is way out of proportion but sure improved the ground handling. The Red Traniner lost contact with the TX as I was trying to climb downwind after takeoff. She went in nose down but again only damaged the gear and prop. Was trying to get a shot of the airfield as I had the RunCam on board and rolling. Haven’t viewed the footage of departure from control but I’ll let ya know.
              If you compare my pic’s with Blues you’ll se the gear was intact when he got his shutter snap. I should get some Radio Flyer Graphics for that thing...

Comment

Working...
              X