You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Event Coverage, what do you like to see?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Event Coverage, what do you like to see?

When we go to event's and shoot video and pictures what would you like to see more of?
    Planes
    71.43%
    Flying
    71.43%
    People
    42.86%
    Interviews
    14.29%
    Vendor Offerings
    71.43%
    TiredIron Aviation
    Tired Iron Military Vehicles

I really like checking out all the 'Planes' and picking up tips and tweaks that I can possibly use on my own models. Being fresh in the hobby, I also enjoy checking out the 'Flying' characteristics as they're in the air. I'm kind of a 'People' watcher anyway, so I do get a kick out of meeting the pilots, when attending an event, and learning as much as I can. I do enjoy some good 'Interviews' now and then. For one it's great to be able to put faces to the screen names we see everyday logging in here. For two, like I mentioned above, I pick up some good information now and then that helps in my learning process. The 'Vendor Offerings' are nice, although I can do without in video. That's something I can see at the vendor's respective website. Now if it's something special the vendor is offering just for a particular event, well you'd still need to be at the event to take advantage. So not sure I understand how their offerings really help in video... other then free advertisement. Which is fine so long as the vendor is a sponsor of said event. J/M/H/O
    Dynam; E-Flite; Freewing

Comment

Must say I really am enjoying seeing some of the Facebook live streams of recent events. James at Jet Jam, Chloe Allison Prince at RC Fest, etc. They help to give you a sense of being there. Good videos of an event are hard to beat as well especially when edited and set to music. It takes a skilled individual to capture and edit good video of RC planes flying as well as being a good communicator for any narration which adds to the overall effect. I highly admire those people who are effective at this. Love the videos coming from Jeremy Solt and Justin La. I also enjoy the videos by the Petrincic brothers. Never a dull moment with those two. And of course who can forget our favorite dynamic duo Captain Mike and Pilot Ryan. It's all important in my opinion.

Comment

Working...
      X